Zach Randolph upset with MSG crowd

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49324/20071121/randolph_fires_back_at_knick_crowd/

Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Zach Randolph was as upset with the Garden crowd last night as the crowd was with the Knicks.

The boos started during pregame introductions and continued to rain down on the Knicks throughout their 108-82 blowout loss to the Warriors.

They picked up intensity with each turnover and bricked shot until reaching a crescendo midway through the fourth quarter. That's when the fans turned on embattled President/Coach Isiah Thomas, who was serenaded with a deafening "Fire Isiah!" chant.

The pleas for Thomas' job didn't go over well with Randolph, the veteran power forward Thomas brought in from Portland over the summer.

"I didn't like that," Randolph said. "I ain't never heard nothing like that. Coming from Portland, I ain't never heard the fans do something like that. It was surprising."

Randolph said the crowd's animosity toward Thomas pained him.

"It's hard on me because Isiah brought me here, and he's a good coach," Randolph said. "We ain't winning right now, but [the fans need to understand] it's early in the season and I'm new. We just have to work it out."
man........at least he isn't booing the fans like Mike D'Antoni.......
roll.gif

29 turnovers is worse than high school basketball.

Thomas is an awful NBA head coach.

What does he expect, the Knicks franchise was a proud franchise, they want to see a winning team on the court.

They picked up intensity with each turnover and bricked shot
*@+# must've gotten CRAZY then.

I got an e-mail for $10 tickets to Knicks games through Ticketmaster, you know it's gotten pathetic.

WTF??? What did this guy expect when he came to New York? Cot dam, they BOO everyone...however, this was WELL warranted. Does Zach Randolph think the fansanimosity towards Thomas, Dolan, and the state of the franchise was unjust? If so, he's a moron. He must not have been paying attention to all of thenegative publicity that surrounded this team over the summer. Hell, people are even waiting for HIM (Z-Bo) to screw up. He isn't one of "great"character, and personally I wonder how he will make it in NY off the court. This dude needs to eat a burger and shut up. It's one thing to have yourcoach's back, but it's another to view things with a skewed eye.

Whether he really likes Thomas or not, he's gonna say he is a good coach or 'praise' him in some way....he in a way has to in the media. Hence thereason why he was sticking up for him in the papers regarding the boos...hes played at MSG before, but I think it was more of a way of just sticking up for hiscoach.

randolph should shut up. he, specifically, deserved to get booed last night. basketball is a team game. everytime he touched the ball, he held onto it andjacked up some ridiculous shot or lost it. The man had 7 damn turnovers last night.

waits for finger gesture and fine, just do it on the road, and not at the home crowd.

I think his quote is being a bit overhyped and taken totally out of context!

As a Knicks fan I am glad to hear him say that. He should not like the boos! He should not like losing....I am glad to see that one of the players is affected.All he is saying is that he never experienced that....well there is a first time for everything. He wants the fans to be on the side of the Knicks and theircoach and he knows they have to turn it around. What do some of you guys want him to say?! Lie and say he didnt hear the boos or the typical "the boosdon't affect me"answer. A player is actually honest and we are criticizing him?!

If he said the fans were wrong that would be one thing. All he said is that it pained him....im glad that it affected him that way. Now he and the rest of histeammates have to respond to that.

I applaud Zach for saying this. At least there is someone in that organization that will act as though they care about winning and how the fans feel!

The writer totally took Zachs quote of context....smh @ bad journalism.

^Randolph said that he didn't like it. when you generally don't like something...you tend to be upset with it. i don't think it was a stretch atall and far from bad journalism.

what he should've said is "we're playing like crap and we need to step it up to get the fans BACK on our side." that's truth.

^Whats wrong with him being upset?! He should be?! What the hell do you expect him to say?! I like my coach and my team being booed. He never said the fanswere wrong!! He just said it pained and affected him. What is the big deal?! It should pain him and it should affect him! He is not wrong for sayingthat.....he is showing some emotion and thats a good thing!! I could see if he said the fans were wrong and should not do that but he didn't. Any fan whopays their money has a right to boo but Zach did not say that the fans shouldn't have booed. He only stated how the booing affected him. He did notcriticize the fans or say what they should do so what in the world is the big deal?!

You are talking about the truth. Well the truth is the booing "pained" him and he said that. As I said before I am glad to hear the booing affectedhim and he was honest about it.

FlatbushFiyah23 yo my dude don't even waste your time arguing with him, they don't even know
haha, this is true. i don't know as much as you guys.

but all i'm saying is, he should've acknowledged that they aren't playing team ball (specifically Randolph) and that in order for them to win, theyneed their fans on their side. who knows, a lil positive remark might actually help the Knicks' press.

Isiah Thomas was a great player during his time in the 80's and early 90's.

But sucks as a coach/team president/ or General Manager of a team.

Just ask the Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, and now the New York Knicks.

Back
Top Bottom