Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

Currently unloading an old notebook pc and android to fund my christmas pattern IDs. I can't miss out on em. Lakers joints posted above are fiya.

Thinking about making these my next iD.

Anyone know if the black tongue logo looks really bad in person?

Last edited:
yo Lewi, OC pair looks BEAST. I wanna make a pair but don't have the money. LOL

LA colorway basically is the #COK pair except the outsole is yellow. IMO it looks better.

i think the bottom ones would look sick, also unique. but maybe go with a white swoosh, as i ordered a pair with the grey swoosh, and it turned out looking like **** because it was shiny silver, not grey

i have seen a ton of ID's with the color scheme on the purple ones

These are not my images, I got all of these from this thread....but in light of the Xmas pattern going adios, here are some my favorites/greatest hits....

I received both my iD's yesterday. One is the USA iD that TPG made (don't worry I asked TPG if I could use his concept) and a Bruce Lee iD. I couldn't find it in myself to pay the resell prices for the Bruce Lee V's so I just created this version. 

:nthat: Dope iDs and photo shoot. Do you like the USA in person? I know the other guy said he didn't like them in person and returned his. I need another pair of navy laces so I can swap. Stupid Nike not offering second lace option now :smh:

:nthat: Dope iDs and photo shoot. Do you like the USA in person? I know the other guy said he didn't like them in person and returned his. I need another pair of navy laces so I can swap. Stupid Nike not offering second lace option now :smh:

I love them. Even showed a few friends and they liked them better than the Bruce Lee's I made. I had different versions of the USA's in My Locker but when I saw your version, I deleted the other ones. Haha.

I would check Shoe Palace for laces they're always stacked on random colored laces.

my IDs have been shipped. will have to pick them up next week from buffalo.

just a simple clean colourway. unsure if it's been done in this thread before.

Does anybody know for sure when they will be removed? Waiting on some cheddar that'll be coming in this friday.. Hope they don't take it down by then

finally got mine, happy w/ them
happy.gif

Last edited:
I think the teal and pink xmas pattern is the best one and I will be sad to see it go, but I am excited to see what the new pattern will be. Maybe some new color options too? It really wouldn't surprise me to see a glow in the dark option for the sole, I saw a tweet somewhere about them adding that option to more IDs, they didn't specify what shoes though.

This thread has been extremely helpful and I would like to do my part to contribute. 

I fell in love with the graffiti option, the pink scheme mainly, and I had to make one.

The design on nikeid makes the shoe look far more vibrant than any of the colors actually are. I am not an idiot, I understand things in pictures will look differently, but with the ASG's it was the exact opposite. The ASG's are FIRE in person but in pictures they just cannot be understood. These graffitis are the exact opposite. 

When I pulled them out, initially I was distraught, $200 and over a month of waiting certainly built me up for a let down.

After much thought, consideration, studying of the product itself, I have come back down from my disappointment and I am now only mildly unsatisfied. There are several things that are horrifically poor quality, and the shoe is much more bland in person.

My design:

Finished:

Now, keep in mind that even the pictures taken with my camera make the colors pop more than they do in person. Another thing that is extremely important to note, yet it gets lost in the pictures, is the fact that in my design I chose all pink, thus all the pinks should have been the same color, THEY ARE NOT. The lining pink doesn't match the outer pink, and the translucent soles are ridiculously off-color. (Yes, I realize the translucentness creates a different color entirely but you would have to see them in person to understand the poor design quality)

The smudges are not from the glue, from any of the materials melting or heating up or stretching or anything of that nature, the smudges ARE the design, just not captured in the pics on NIKEID.

There is white glue residue everywhere, the stitching between the shoes is as if they used two separate templates, crazy discontinuities. 

And as far as the soles are concerned, I was jazzed about the translucent. (huge fan of jordan translucent soles)

It was very disheartening to see that their version of translucent soles means you get to see the seams and crap inside the shoe. The sole is glued onto white material, thus you see the white, which looks tacky on a black shoe.

The pattern on the toe, in person, makes it appear as if its a flaw rather than a design. Due to it being identical on both, obviously its the actual design, but it looks very shoddy in person.

It would seem as though they didn't even attempt to attach the logo on the tongues considering both of them were falling completely off right out of the box. When you pay the kind of money they charge for NIKEID you would think little sh*t like this would be important, but clearly it isn't.

The black snake on the black logo looks tacky. A true shame they can't give you the option to color it considering it would be extremely easy for them.

Another massive oversight is the fact that on the inside of the outer, as you can see in the pic below, the white is extremely prevalent, which looks horrible along the black, but this fact is not shown on the ID creation on NIKEID. 

Like I said, I have calmed down since I initially saw them, I am coming around, but I am still underwhelmed, and a true skeptic of Nike. Back when NIKEID first came out, I got a pair of football cleats. The very first cleats you could get on ID. They used amazing materials, not a single problem on them. Amazing product. 

Those days are long gone.

Alas, my Pink Graffitis:

Back
Top Bottom