ZOOM KOBE III (3) REVIEW!!!!!

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I'm a HUGE Kobe fan but I put myself in an UNBIASED OPINION HERE!
No offense, but I read that and then glanced over the scores you gave without reading the review and kind of shook my head. 10/10 on every single thing, except for durability?

I wonder what kind of scores/reviews these shoes would get if we slapped a Reebok or New Balance logo on them?

my thoughts exactly. they were all like 10/10, wanted to even give a 11/10 on one of them lol

I praticed in them last night and on 1st impressions I'd say they were up there with the best.
I loved the cushioning,the light weight,the fit and the overall comfort.
I thought the traction was pretty good,maybe not 10/10 but not any kind of a problem.
I'm not sure I'd be quite as enthusiastic as the original reviewer but in general I'd have to agree with what he said

How is the midfoot/arch support? I found the Strengths to be weak in that department.

Had a chance to try them on, I'd probably get them in a good colorway when they drop waaaay down in price.

Felt pretty good, just like everyone is saying, but with all of the stuff coming out in 08 these just aren't a priority. And I enjoy rolling in my BB lows.

Well I ordered a pair, got them a couple days ago, played in them last night. I got a size 11 to be safe, normally I am a size 10.5 but becuase I needed a size11 for the KOBE II I figured better safe then sorry if Im gonnna be ordering them. Anyways, shoulda went with the size 10.5, The 11 are slightly to big.Anyways, They are a pretty good shoe, Nothing really great about them as far as making you feel quicker or faster. They are very comfertable, they do feel likepillows, But if I had one game to play and one shoe to choose I would would still go for a 2k4 over this shoe. The Kobe III cushioning is the highlight of theshoe and will last much longer then the 2k4s, but if you wanna feel like you are locked in the lightest, lowest to the ground, responsive shoe with amazingtraction then the 2k4 is your shoe. I was a little dissappointed with the Kobe III's ankle support, I thought it would be a little stiffer but its prettymuch mushy. The shoe holds your foot in place all in all, but if you were to turn over, the ankle support aint gonna save you. The outrigger is awesome, alwayslove outriggers. I wear 2 pairs of socks so I dont know how breathable they are. All in all they are a million times better then the Kobe II's, but thataint sayin much.

I would love to read a comparison between the Kobe III's and the Jordan 23s. I really wanna get a pair of the 23s, I imagine they may be better then thekobe IIIs, anyone here have a pair of both? Thanks for any info if given.

i got my pair on friday, and i got to play in them today in my local basketball league, and these shoes are very good... inital impression were:

1. they are very comfortable.. the cushioning is between the AZK1 and AZK2.. thinner and more responsive then the AZK1, and thicker then the AZK2 so itdoesn't feel as close to the ground (IMO is a good thing, i thought the AZK2 were too close to the ground).

2.the fit/size of the shoes is similar to the AZK2, but the toebox of the AZK3 is softer and smaller, to provide a better hugged fit. of the three shoes, theseshoes hug your foot the best, and give you the best fit, as it like wearing a glove on your foot.

3. the traction on the shoes were fairly decent, they weren't as good as my Jordan XIV or XX2, i think they roughly have the same grip as the azk1.tomorrow i'll be playing on a clean hardwood court, so i'll see how the shoe's fairs and i'll give you guy a updated response.

overall my initial impressions of the shoes is 8.5*/ 10.

UPDATE: so i played in them yestarday. the shoe overall was generally good. i liked how the shoes were we very light. altho i felt the shoe was lacking insupport around the ankle area, i know the shoes were stripped down to make them light, but i think they were stripped down a little too much, it could of usedmore support overall in the shoe (IMO). also, more grip would of been good too. cuz i found if the floors were dirty then they did slip a bit. (no issues witha clean floor). anways in my opinion this is how i rate the shoes between the rest of kobes shoes AZK1>AZK3>AZK2. but keep in mind....i may be bias, andi compair all my shoes to the AZK1, cuz they are my all time fav shoes to ball in.

I just ordered my pair and can't wait to ball in them i've liked all of the Nike Kobe line shoes but the ZK2'S did feel alittle too close to theground.

As of right now, I give a 9.5/10.
I loved the ZKII and these are better(to me) than those.
The only problems I have are with the tongue, it falls to the side a little bit when I play.

Im pretty sure they arent lighter. I have both and the Kobe IIIs actually feel a touch heavier in my estimation.

I dont know why, I have held them both up and the Kobe IIIs seem a little heavier at the bottom of the shoe if that makes sense. I wore my Kobe IIIs again lastnight and they were better. Dont get me wrong, they are very light, I just wouldnt say they are lighter then the 2k4. On par or slightly heavier. But yeah, Myfirst wearing of these shoes I wasnt that Impressed. But they felt really good last night, and the cushioning is pretty amazing, they are a very comfertableshoe. A million times better then the Kobe 2

Style - 10/10 (this is the biased opinion, sorry I didn't keep my 100% WORD)
Neck-Breaker!!!!

thats certainly not the only part you did that on.

essentially you only stated that you were being very unbiased to make your one wear review seem more credible. however your favourtism of this particularplayer is blatant.

there is no way to find such a review helpful.

what is up with the tongue on this shoe? is it a piece of paper? what is going on with the shoe lace holes on the top portion being so far apart and thematerial is way to flimsy to play ball. this cant be the real deal. i will stick with the kobe 1s and 2s. worse off, the lebron line.

What do you mean? do you have a pair? or is this just your assumption from looking at them in pictures? They lock your foot down very well. the ankle Is a bitflimsy, but I dont really base ankle support soley on how the shoe bends at the ankle. If the shoe has a wide base and outriggers that provides better anklesupport, the shoe doesnt have a tendency to role over as easily. The shoe locks your foot in to these, There is no side to side or front to back like in theKobe 2s. I hate the Kobe 2s. And the lace holes being far apart? I dont get what you mean there.

Style - 10/10 (this is the biased opinion, sorry I didn't keep my 100% WORD)
Neck-Breaker!!!!

thats certainly not the only part you did that on.

essentially you only stated that you were being very unbiased to make your one wear review seem more credible. however your favourtism of this particular player is blatant.

there is no way to find such a review helpful.
Just because he may have shown some favoritism to the shoe that a player he likes endorses doesnt completely destroy his credibility or make his reviewunhelpful. I rarely do this, but I have to give you the
indifferent.gif

bought mine today and played in them right after work. took a little bit to break them in well the feel of the outrigger but within 10 minutes of just shootingaround everything felt to flatten our or form to my foot and felt good. not as responsive as my zooms but still a great shoe to play in. Current rotationconsists of Zoom BB, 2k4, AZK3, XX2 PE then AZK1 and 2 on occasion

What do you mean? do you have a pair? or is this just your assumption from looking at them in pictures? They lock your foot down very well. the ankle Is a bitflimsy, but I dont really base ankle support soley on how the shoe bends at the ankle. If the shoe has a wide base and outriggers that provides better anklesupport, the shoe doesnt have a tendency to role over as easily. The shoe locks your foot in to these, There is no side to side or front to back like in theKobe 2s. I hate the Kobe 2s. And the lace holes being far apart? I dont get what you mean there.

I had a pair. Not sure how you would be able to know it is flimsy by the pictures. the ankle is a bit flimsy but you dont really base ankle support soley onhow the shoe bends at the ankle. Then how do you base ankle support? Is it supposed to bend at the ankle? You are telling me that outriggers provide bettersupport. That is in the forefoot area so how does it affect the ankle. The Kobe 2s are excellent in fit regarding side to side and front to back lockdown. Notsure what you mean about hating it. When i said the lace holes were far apart, i was referring to the two lace holes to tighten up the ankle area, meaning infront of the tongue which is too short and too thin. Of course, this is MY opinion and i am sure you have YOURS. LOL

Wow man, no disrespect I wasnt talking down to you like Im better then you, I was just asking if you had the shoe. You say that the outrigger is at theforefoot area and that it doesnt affect the ankle, but it does, becuase it gives you extra stability, it makes the shoe a lot less tipsy, no matter what theankle is like. When I look at a shoes ankle support, I dont even look at the upper, I look at the foundation man, Like the first Lebron summer shoe the 20-5-5felt like ankle tippers, they were very narrow at the base. The 2k5s are amazing because the base is so wide, hard to tip thoes over. I agree with you that theankle area is quite flimsy, could be more stiff, there is no heel counter or whatever, which might have been nice, But they do a good job when laced up. Andthe further away you put the lace holes, the better fit you can get. Remember the Jordan 17s, they had 2 sets of holes for the laces, one set was close and theother set was really far apart, so you could get a very locked down feel.

I hated the Kobe 2s. They were a huge dissappointment for me. Not what I was expecting at all. They were so far different then the 2k4,2k5 and Kobe 1s. Theychanged the fit, they are terrible. I got the USA colorway, I hate them, They kill my feet bad. In the 2k4,2k5 an Kobe 1s I take a size 10.5, and they fitamazing, well in the 2s I had to get an 11 an they still didnt fit right, my toes still hit the front. Not to mention that my foot doesnt seem to sit right, orits cuase there is too much room in the front width wise, cause it absolutley destroyed right below my pinky toe. They fit funny

nothing personal man, just misunderstanding. you like the kobe 3s and i hate the kobe 3s. i got my reasons and you got yours. good thing there are so manyoptions out there to ball in.

for sure, and by the sounds of it, you like the kobe 2s and I dont, I guess we got opposite taste in kicks. Nothin wrong with that

Back
Top Bottom