Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

I play with my kobe V's a lot and never experienced such a thing! Maybe the VI's have lower quality or you have one explosive first step! Now those things are really ripped! Goodness!
laugh.gif

I still love the VI and I am going to pick up another pair this weekend. With the V, the problem was the upper and midsole coming apart from each other. That was a failure of the joining method (looked like some kind of hidden stitching, plus maybe a little glue), and it happened easily and often. For the VIs, I simply cannot believe that this kind of ripping will happen frequently or easily...yeah it happened on a hard cut on a super clean floor.

That's a silver lining for dusty floors...your game and your groin may suffer, but at least you won't rip your shoes haha

I still love the VI and I am going to pick up another pair this weekend. With the V, the problem was the upper and midsole coming apart from each other. That was a failure of the joining method (looked like some kind of hidden stitching, plus maybe a little glue), and it happened easily and often. For the VIs, I simply cannot believe that this kind of ripping will happen frequently or easily...yeah it happened on a hard cut on a super clean floor.

That's a silver lining for dusty floors...your game and your groin may suffer, but at least you won't rip your shoes haha

^lol no wonder your outsole was crsipy clean but i thnk the ripping is because of the new generation flywire. This skinwire is thinner more flexible but cannot take the force that the original ones (kobe 4, OG hyperdunks) had. but the midsole detaching like that is just unacceptable.
by the way @mighty727 are you a slasher that goes hard to the rim (lebron like force) because thats how i play and i'm scared to wear these cause my 5s ripped on an outdoor court.

^lol no wonder your outsole was crsipy clean but i thnk the ripping is because of the new generation flywire. This skinwire is thinner more flexible but cannot take the force that the original ones (kobe 4, OG hyperdunks) had. but the midsole detaching like that is just unacceptable.
by the way @mighty727 are you a slasher that goes hard to the rim (lebron like force) because thats how i play and i'm scared to wear these cause my 5s ripped on an outdoor court.

mighty.... u must be some powerful powerforward or something haha... i kid

i agree with you though, VI>V... but preferably because of the softer ride

mighty.... u must be some powerful powerforward or something haha... i kid

i agree with you though, VI>V... but preferably because of the softer ride

Originally Posted by EMM23

I play with my kobe V's a lot and never experienced such a thing! Maybe the VI's have lower quality or you have one explosive first step! Now those things are really ripped! Goodness!
laugh.gif

there's a lot of issues with the V's too...

Originally Posted by EMM23

laugh.gif

there's a lot of issues with the V's too...

The Kobe V is way better then the Kobe VI.

The lockdown is way better in the Kobe V. The Kobe VI is better shoe for walking around and chilling but for Basketball its not good at all. The Kobe VI feels like I'm playing in pure running shoes and the lockdown isnt good. The only thing the Kobe VI has over the Kobe V is the underfoot cushioning feels better. But I put my Air Max 2009 ortholite sockliner in the Kobe V and it solved stiffness problem.

The lockdown is way better in the Kobe V. The Kobe VI is better shoe for walking around and chilling but for Basketball its not good at all. The Kobe VI feels like I'm playing in pure running shoes and the lockdown isnt good. The only thing the Kobe VI has over the Kobe V is the underfoot cushioning feels better. But I put my Air Max 2009 ortholite sockliner in the Kobe V and it solved stiffness problem.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Not that I don't believe you but what part of the V gives it more lockdown than the sixes? Don't know exactly how a shoe works but my foot feels secure playing. I balled in running shoes and the sixes have better support for sure.

Not that I don't believe you but what part of the V gives it more lockdown than the sixes? Don't know exactly how a shoe works but my foot feels secure playing. I balled in running shoes and the sixes have better support for sure.

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

I'm not with the shoes right now but I'm guessing why the Kobe V has better lockdown is because of heel cup and collar( Which makes the shoe actually kinda hard to put on) and because it has an extra lacehole (7 vs 6)
Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Chaos-2.jpg

Kobe-VI.jpg

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

I'm not with the shoes right now but I'm guessing why the Kobe V has better lockdown is because of heel cup and collar( Which makes the shoe actually kinda hard to put on) and because it has an extra lacehole (7 vs 6)
Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Chaos-2.jpg

Kobe-VI.jpg

I played in both. I'd take VI over V because of cushion. The V feel too low to the ground and too firm. The VI cushion feel thicker and my knee doesn't feel stiff after a long game . Love the VI

I played in both. I'd take VI over V because of cushion. The V feel too low to the ground and too firm. The VI cushion feel thicker and my knee doesn't feel stiff after a long game . Love the VI

Originally Posted by Holiday

For Basketball: V >VI

For Everyday use: VI > V

I totally agree

The only reason the VI feels better is the insole but if you put another insole in the Kobe V it feels much better

Originally Posted by Holiday

For Basketball: V >VI

For Everyday use: VI > V

I totally agree

The only reason the VI feels better is the insole but if you put another insole in the Kobe V it feels much better

I completely disagree with the 5s being better... ample break in time is required to get the
full performance from the 6...

I have a comparison post in the ZKV thread...

and about that ripped del sol... dude, that sucks! But I just can't imagine that happening
to my pair. I've been using it a lot, it's still in good shape but you can see some beating...
faulty pair? so far I'm impressed with all of my 6's quality... But I'm sure Nike will replace
yours dude... good luck!

I completely disagree with the 5s being better... ample break in time is required to get the
full performance from the 6...

I have a comparison post in the ZKV thread...

and about that ripped del sol... dude, that sucks! But I just can't imagine that happening
to my pair. I've been using it a lot, it's still in good shape but you can see some beating...
faulty pair? so far I'm impressed with all of my 6's quality... But I'm sure Nike will replace
yours dude... good luck!

Back
Top Bottom