ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Unloaded my '05 silver/blk pair a while back as they became to snug, been searching/hoping for a rerelease ever since. I had picked up the Zoom Don's in the hopes that it would be a decent replacement...they weren't. No where near the comfort of the real Spiridons  as they did not have the pillowy soft phylon midsole nor the air filled outsole.

Hope these come back in OG form.

2016 will see a Nike Zoom Spiridon retro, although that’s just about all the information we have at the moment. One notable point: The shoe will officially be called the Nike Zoom Spiridon 16, possibly portending some (hopefully very, very minor) changes.

:\

I hope they come out with a good price tag. If anything, ill let my 96 pair sit in the box since all the pods are coming off.

I remember having a pair in high school and everyone thinking that they looked weird/ugly. Fingers crossed that they dont screw with the colorways like they did with the Talaria's. Hopefully I can get my hands on a pair when they release.

If my memory serves me well, these came out during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics! If they didn't, these remind me of the gold shoes Michael Johnson wore when we broke the (then record) in the 200m. I can't wait for a pair.

Yeah the tag in my pair says 96. Although, there are some that were produced in 97. Not sure what the difference would be between the two besides the production dates. Maybe @AIRMAXDISCIPLE may have some ideas.

Last edited:
If my memory serves me well, these came out during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics! If they didn't, these remind me of the gold shoes Michael Johnson wore when we broke the (then record) in the 200m. I can't wait for a pair.

Yeah man. These ARE the Michael johnsons. That's what I remember them as. 19.32

Last edited:
I've been wanting a pair of Spiridons forever. Always been a fan of the OG Grey/Light Blue colorway.

Had they retro'd these earlier they might have sold well. Doing it now is just like sending them straight to sale racks.

and these are not the michael johnsons. michael johnson wore the zoom pst or jst or something like that. this shoe is way too heavy to run the 200m in. 

I can't wait. I still have my purple joints but the pods keeping falling off. I will take them to a shop to get fixed.

Back
Top Bottom