Zune or Apple Ipod...What's better and why?

im in the market for a new mp3 as well. i've owned 3 ipods (mini, normal white one, and a black video). each of which has crashed after 2 years. i gothrough ipods like theyre disposable. i'm looking for something that'll last me a bit longer.

iPod > ________

I've known a couple people who got Zunes. They either started having problems with the Zune or they just switched over to an iPod.

iPod Classic FTW
pimp.gif

zunes are the future.

look what happened to the playstation.

ps2>xbox
xbox 360>ps3

zunes>ipod

it'll only be a matter of time

Apple doesn't make the best mp3 player. Not by a long shot. A lot of people buy ipods because of marketing and the apple logo. It's the only thing theyknow about so they buy it.

If you're looking for something simple and by this I can assume audio and earphones are very important to you----stay clear of ipods.

Do your homework and buy the best device (not hype) for your budget.

mp3 players have been out for soooo long! but i just recently got my first one this summer
laugh.gif

09 iPod Nano 8gb......i love it!!! simple to use, great sound, vibrant display, great games and accecories, and its small enough to put it in my change pocketof my jeans

iTunes is kinda wack imo, ide rather use WMP to sync...but you cant!
mad.gif
andwho pays for music / movies / videos anymore?!?
eyes.gif

isnt there some type of add on dL you can use for syncing with WMP?!?

Take it from someone who has owned both a zune >>>>>> ipod. Its just as easy if not easier to use than an ipod, cheaper and dosent break. Iran through two ipods, the first one died in less than a year which and erased itself. Ive never had problems out of my zune and I've had it for about 2years now. Battery lif is still good and >>> ipod. If your system crashes or you switch computers its much easier to transfer songs using the zunethan the ipod trust me. If you wont to be trendy and buy into the hype go with ipod, if you want a player that will last you everyday and dont care aboutfitting in get the zune, it honestly is a betterr player. Once again this is coming from someone who has had two different generation ipods and a zune, zune ismuch better. You also can watch movies that you download on your zune

I've only owned ipods.

I think they have the most simple interface imaginable and itunes makes thing a breeze for syncing/ripping.

Not to mention the itunes store.

I'm thinking about getting an ipod touch if it comes equipped with a camera. Mostly because of the new skype app.

OP, the choice is yours. **cough**ipod**cough**. But you're not really fooling anyone but yourself.

Originally Posted by Elocin023

I'm on my iPod right now. I've known only two ppl with a zune and it was just because they didn't want to be like everyone else with an iPod.

My brother got a Zune to be "different".. had it for a couple of years.. now he is getting an ipod haha. personally im not a fan of WMP,

Apple uses cheap parts for most of their products. I had my 5th Gen Ipod for like a month till the Headphone jack messed up and could only listen to left ear.Why I say they products are poorly made? Cause the whole headphone jack is made of plastic. That's terrible if you really want sound quality to come outsounding crisp on your ears. Everything about Ipod is hype. Joints are weak for sound quality espcially if you buy a expensive headphones for them. TheHeadphone jacks are meant to made with metal. My blackberry curve produces better sound through headphones than my ipod. Plus Ipod interface is straightboring.

iPods, outta all the MP3's I've had or tried, the iPod is the most user-friendly.

if u are a big music fan u need something like the ipod classic or zune 120 personally i cant really tell a difference in sound quality but every review iveever read about the ipod says that the sound quality is average the zune looks better in my opinion u can add background im pretty sure and the screen of thezune is way better than the screen of the classic but its really up to they both good

I recently grabbed a 120gb Zune for $150 and I'm pretty happy with it. Interface is, imo, easier than dealing with itunes, the $15 a month unlimited passis unbeatable, and the customization of the zune puts it ahead of the ipod in my book. Plus if you have a 360 you'll want to grab a zune, they're doingbig things together.

iPod bashing is unnecessary. I'm sure both products has flaws. I have a 3rd Gen 20GB ipod that I got in 2003 that works awesome still today. I have a 80GBClassic that works well but I did drop it and the screen messed up a little. But I have that one hooked up in my car so no biggie to me. I also have 4th gennano (which is now my daily use) that is awesome as well. Battery life is great. Last about 2 weeks on a charge if I just use it for the gym everyday. I wouldsay about 36-40 hours of play without a charge.

No bashing the Zune because I've heard good things about it but can't speak on it. I'd say talk to a friend who has each and mess around with themand see what you like. Itunes isn't bad at all either and I've NEVER had ANY problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom