★★OFFICIAL CHICAGO BULLS THREAD★★ Boozer fractured in his right hand and is out for 8 weeks.

looks like melo aint goin anywhere and is gona wait to be a FA in 2011

we got a chance next year

Casper, never ducking you dude, I called you out remember...just decided to call it a night, I will be on again

Noah going to France reminds me of when Deng left during his negotiations and bluffed pax into a bad deal

I feel that Noah should settle between the 57 and the 70 and just take the 65...be honest, are any of these players beyond Kobe worth the money? LBJ was getting damn near $15 mill and had his friends running the org just to finish in the the ecf and 2nd two straight years...the man that wins is the man that's worth it

ATHLETES ARE OVERPAID (so are entertainers but that's another discussion)

Only way we can go after melo next yr if available is if we unload deng this yr

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

LINK? or thats what you think? would be nice tho

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Noah going to France reminds me of when Deng left during his negotiations and bluffed pax into a bad deal

I feel that Noah should settle between the 57 and the 70 and just take the 65...

HE'S NOT WORTH 65 MILLION DOLLARS... I DON'T GIVE A +%@* WHAT HOW YOU SPIN IT. HE'S JUST NOT THAT IMPORTANT/VALUABLE. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD.
30t6p3b.gif

Ship him and that pony tail out here.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

LINK? or thats what you think? would be nice tho

Why would Melo pick us over the knicks? just saying. If we don't strike now and acquire him I don't see why we would be a preferred choice over NY.

Even with Rose and Booze, NY will have Amare and plenty of money to add more free agents/friends of Melo.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I feel that Noah should settle between the 57 and the 70 and just take the 65...

HE'S NOT WORTH 65 MILLION DOLLARS... I DON'T GIVE A +%@* WHAT HOW YOU SPIN IT. HE'S JUST NOT THAT IMPORTANT/VALUABLE. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD.
30t6p3b.gif

Ship him and that pony tail out here.
mad.gif
Seriously he isn't 

So if we ship Noah, who do we replace him with? No one has given a reasonable replacement....Heat will lose to LA should they meet because Gasol and Bynum (if he is healthy) will kill them down low all series...point is we need a center, and we happen to have one that puts up #s consistently..something tells me he has added something offensive to his game to make these demands

I'm done talking about who is worth what...its not affecting my pockets one way or another

Did anyone read SunTimes article today by Morrissey? If not, here ya go...He was looking at both sides of the coin with Noah/Melo....I do truly believe Rose will continue his growth as a scorer

[h1]Bulls win whether they acquire Anthony or keep Noah[/h1][h3][/h3]
Comments

September 26, 2010

BY RICK MORRISSEY Sun-Times Columnist

I'm sitting in front of my laptop, not knowing how to begin or end a Carmelo Anthony column.

That generally wouldn't be considered a positive thing in the column-writing game.

» http:///www.suntimes.com/sports/morrissey/2746014,092610morrissey.fullimage">http://www.suntimes.com/s...92610morrissey.fullimage', 'fullimage', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=650,height=650')">Click to enlarge image
092610morrissey_cst_feed_20100925_21_25_28_350-116-165.imageContent

It would be nice if the Bulls could deal for Carmelo Anthony, but it would be fine if they didn't and decided to keep Joakim Noah.
(AP File Photos)

But I'm torn, conflicted, tragically confused, whatever you want to call it.

The radio talk-show guys are screaming that a possible trade sending the Bulls' Joakim Noah to the Denver Nuggets for Anthony is an absolute no-brainer. Nice knowing you, Joakim, they say. We love your energy, your hair and your cognac, they say. To them, though, the rewards of a trade for 'Melo are as obvious as a ''Secret Treasure Buried Here'' sign would be.

I don't see it that way. I see both sides.

Maybe I need a vision appointment.

I believe Noah is the beating heart of the Bulls. I believe in force of will, and I believe he has it. I believe he's among the three best centers in the Eastern Conference, and I believe he's improving.

I believe Anthony is on a fast track to the Hall of Fame. I believe he could give the Bulls an offensive presence they haven't had since You Know Who was leading them to six championships.

I know Noah fits new coach Tom Thibodeau's defense-first, rebounding-second, what's-that-third-thing? philosophy.

I don't know if Anthony fits that philosophy. But who's to say he won't reinvent himself here? Who's to say that, surrounded by Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer, he won't work on the parts of his game that might be lacking? Who's to say he won't try harder on the defensive end? And would it matter even if he didn't?

An attitude vs. attitude

I'd enjoy seeing what Noah would do in his fourth season with the Bulls.

I'd enjoy seeing whether the Anthony experiment would work in Chicago. I'd enjoy watching Rose pass the basketball to someone who wouldn't need an operating manual to know what to do with it.

The argument among the pro-'Melo crowd seems to be that if you can acquire a guy with a career scoring average of 24.7, you should acquire him. But wouldn't that also describe Adrian Dantley, George Gervin, Allen Iverson and Dominique Wilkins? And what did they ever win when they were The Man?

I don't know whether the Bulls would be a better team with Anthony or Noah. I'll never know it. This isn't the slam dunk the Anthony crowd would have you believe.

There's no doubt the guy is into himself. He wants to be in a bigger market than Denver, preferably New York or Chicago. You can't objectively look at the New York Knicks or New Jersey Nets and say he'd be going to a better situation than the one he has with the Nuggets.

So what does that say? It says that he wants the huge spotlight that only a major market can offer, team success be damned.

Anthony has an attitude. Noah has attitude. Big difference.

Look, it's easy to get caught up in sweeping statements in a situation like this. I just did, in fact. It's easy to say that 'Melo is lazy or that Noah is just a worker bee, easily replaced.

I made that mistake once with Noah, and I won't make it again. When the Bulls drafted him, I thought it might go down as the worst pick in their history -- and that's saying something. But he kept rebounding and rebounding and rebounding, to the point where you no longer could dismiss him simply as an energy guy.

Still on the fence

But the Bulls haven't gone very far the last five seasons with the solid-citizen, .500-record route. Their product hasn't always been entertaining, the 2009 playoff series against the Boston Celtics aside. So hoping against hope that Anthony won't swallow the basketball whole might be a risk worth taking for the Bulls.

Back and forth I go.

This isn't right against wrong, good against evil. I won't be furious if Anthony comes and Noah goes or vice versa. I'll save my passion for something that's a little clearer cut. But this? This is a win-win situation for the Bulls.

They either will get a great scorer in Anthony or will continue on a path with Rose, Noah, Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Luol Deng. You could live -- and live well -- with that core lineup. By the way, people need to forget the Bulls overpaid for Deng two years ago and accept that he's a good enough player.

As I stumble along here, I see ESPN is reporting the Nuggets are discussing a four-way trade in which Anthony would end up with the Nets. If so, cool, the Bulls keep Noah. If not, cool, maybe Anthony comes to the Bulls yet.

That's not a bad way to end this, still sitting on the fence, seeing green pastures on either side. It's a view I'd recommend.

http://[b][/b]
http://www.blogburst.com/

As much as I'd love to get Melo, the front court would be too undersized to seriously compete. Asik is the only other 7 footer on the team, and he's not ready to play any legitimate amount of minutes.

My point Mike is exactly as Futuristic wrote it, we would be too small to compete...we all learned that smallball wont get it in the east, especially now. All I'm getting at is that it is a bad move to kill your frontcourt depth to acquire Melo...if this were about free agency, I'm all for it, but don't give up what you have. The Bulls sold Rose and Noah as a core all summer (with Luol to seome extent) why kill your core and your strength as a frontcourt on one man?

I don't believe Birdman or anyone else would be a part of the deal Shabooyah...Melo is getting $17.1 this yr and the trade values must be within 20% I believe so the Bulls would be sending Deng at $11.4 Taj at $1.1 and JJ at $1.7 and first rd picks and cash...Noah makes $3.1 this yr so it just means they would probably keep picks or cash

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

we are still undersize with noah at center so whats your point?
We aren't undersized with him, but without him we only have Asik, who may not be ready to come right in and give starters' minutes in his first yr. Noah and Asik are the only players taller than 6'9 on the roster.

Oh yeah, keep in mind that Dampier is 10 yrs older.

From Ask Sam on bulls.com

I hear that some league execs are wondering why is there reluctance on the Bulls part to trade Noah for Melo. This is what I propose to get Melo and please all the Noah lovers. Go get Erik Dampier because he is available. Noah brings 10 pts and at least 8-12 rebounds a game to the Bulls. Erik Dampier brings size and defense which is really all we need since we have Boozer. I would love to keep Noah and get Melo, but to pass up getting a top 5 player in the league is not good business. I ask again why the reluctance?

Antoine Peterson

Sam: Unless that league exec is Mitch Kupchak, then the question would be why all those team execs are so reluctant since they aren't close to being champions. And it sounds like Dampier may be going to Miami. He'd be OK there, but let's remember, the Mavs were only too happy to dump him for Tyson Chandler. I can't wait for the season as the bulk of my mail remains fantasy talk about Anthony, who I don't see coming to the Bulls. And not because the Bulls don't want him or are reluctant. They'd love to have him. The question always is the price. OK, say you do give up Noah. Well, the salaries aren't close and you can't trade the new guys until December. So you have to throw in Deng, whom the Nuggets want no part of because of his four years left. OK, so say you can dump him to a team for virtually nothing, say an expiring deal like Eddy Curry, who you then ship to the Nuggets. Then to match the offer the Nets are likely to make you have to add at least Taj Gibson and a No. 1 pick and $3 million. So that's three of your top six players plus a No. 1 draft pick for a high level scorer who's been past the first round once in seven years. So now your team is Rose, Brewer, Anthony, Boozer and Kurt Thomas. For 82 games? With your main backups Korver, Asik, Watson and Keith Bogans. And you've brought in a defensive coach and then take away two of your best defenders to add an indifferent defender and generally poor team player. I think I'd be awfully reluctant.    

The Nuggets would throw in Birdman...it save them more money in the short and long-term.

you guys should check out Sam's column...he is making more sense than even I can think of...hell, check this out

I love Noah as much as anyone and appreciate the rarity of his talents but you aren't winning it all this season regardless, so don't you have to consider moving forward with Rose, Melo, Boozer and filling out the roster next year with some decent defensive big men?

Michael Koltun

Sam: I know everyone just says go get a defensive big man. There were 16 players who averaged at least 20 points per game last season. There were nine who averaged double figure rebounds. So, technically, it's a lot tougher to get a double/double guy than a 20-point scorer. Plus, despite the rumors, if it ever came down to the Bulls offering Noah, the Nuggets would find out pretty quickly Noah wasn't about to resign with them. He's up for an extension and can be a restricted free agent next summer. I know matching facts with Internet speculation and rumor can ruin the fun, but anyone who knows Noah's history knows when he came into the draft he declined to work out for several teams in places that didn't exactly fit his lifestyle. As I recall, Minnesota, Memphis and Milwaukee were among them. Now, I'm sure he would have gone and been a good soldier. But come free agency it was bye bye. So you think after Chicago, he's going to sign an extension in that Denver nut house with the likes of Kenyon Martin. J.R. Smith and Birdman? I'd say not a chance. And why exactly is Carmelo Anthony more entitled to be with a winning team than Joakim Noah? Why would Noah, who can be a free agent as well after this season, agree to an extension in Denver, where he's never played, when Anthony would not? Hello, people! Anyone figure this out yet? Denver is not about to face the embarrassment of dealing Anthony for a player who walks on them as soon as he can. And we know Noah speaks his mind well. Like he said about Cleveland, do you vacation in Denver? Anyone got some new cowboy boots? As I said, I believe it would be moot, anyway, because I don't think the Bulls would deal a player who has emerged as the team's de facto leader as well. But if it ever came down to it, I'm fairly sure Denver would be saying no pretty quickly.

I just wonder, what do you Bulls fan think about the Bulls organization not giving up Noah for Melo?

Melo is a top 10 player and top 3 at his postion. Noah barley cracks top 10 at his postion

your trading for a legit franchise player.

you have got to be kidding me not wanting to give up noah for him.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Melo is a top 10 player and top 3 at his postion. Noah barley cracks top 10 at his postion

your trading for a legit franchise player.

you have got to be kidding me not wanting to give up noah for him.
THANK YOU!!!

NYK said no to dealing Melo & Jr for AR/Gallo/EC/ & Tony Douglass...

AYYYYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!... Denver's trying to get a whole thang for that man
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

really? wow

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

really? wow

Back
Top Bottom