☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

did ya'll just see Bolt look around with 30m to go? he can STILL better that 9.58 with a slightly better start and if he didnt ease up in the final twosteps. that is just unreal!

scientists said he couldnt do better than 9.65?
pimp.gif
this man is BETTER thanscience. he just re-wrote everything about the 100m sprinting

with respect to Gay he ran the race of his life. he delivered when he said he would, the man ran a 9.71! that is amazzzzzzzing by any standard but he justhappened to do it behind Bolt. Gay ain't touching Bolt, EVER. asafa did well with a 9.84 as well. good for him. finally hes relaxing in the major events.

Wes, don't telll them !$!$%* nothin.
Tyson is the best in the world on the curve.

The 200 is gonnna be way more epic then the 100. Cus I think at 150 Tyson wil be leading, and Usain gonna have togo get that Gold

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

This is not right. Bolt makes track look silly.

Its just too easy for this dude. I still cant believe what he just did. With his worst start of the weekend
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wes, don't telll them !$!$%* nothin.
Tyson is the best in the world on the curve.

The 200 is gonnna be way more epic then the 100. Cus I think at 150 Tyson wil be leading, and Usain gonna have togo get that Gold

Yea i think the 200 will be more of bolt catching up to tyson rather than tyson catching up to bolt

He coulda played the sanya richards card and claimed his injury held him back but that aint in Tyson repertoire.
No excuses.

2 things....

1) People forget Gay & Bolt will be going head to head in the 200 & 4x100 later this week.
2) Hopefully this performance like last year brings more people into the sport of Athletics and members on here will tune in to the World Championships for therest of the week, the Women's 100 Final will be GREAT tomorrow night.

I guess I was wrong about this track being fast....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

take away the ease up in the last two steps, with a faster start and a bit of a tailwind (it was +0.9 today) ..
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

im changing my religion, bolt is god

How do you run a 9.71 and look like you got demolished?
sick.gif

Props to the other runners willing to compete against this dude...
smh.gif

Even in tip-top, 100% condition I don't think Gay can see Bolt in the 100 or 200 for that matter, just my opinion. Props though to Asafa, Gay, andespecially Bolt
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. All three ran a great race.

Tyson is too short to be having bad starts.

Bolt can't beat you out the blocks. He's met his match as far as top end goes. A better start and Tyson's in 9.6s tho.
sick.gif

Bolt's ridiculous. I think the 200m gonna be more of the same. Two new records, with Bolt's slightly faster.

Tyson eats up that turn quick tho. Gonna be real interesting.
nerd.gif

just watched the replay in slow motion...this dude usain bolt is incredible. he checked to see if gay was gaining on him 5-6 times during the race, includingthe full head turn at 30m. i think he can go faster...9.4 is possible, imo. tyson really gave it his all too...you can clearly tell in the replay. great race,anyone know when the 200 is? i want to dvr it...

-waystinthyme

Gunna maybe you can help me out...

I don't remember a Major Final in which 5 guys finished under 9 secs.

I'll never take anything from this performance.

- Bolt made history in 2 ways (WR & 1st jamaican male to win a WC)
- Gay ran with an injury to his PB
- Powell showed the world a new side to him he ran the whole race and this could maybe lead to him eventually getting that monkey off his back.

BUT I wonder what the time would be on a track like Beijing....
eek.gif
laugh.gif

In the 200m Gay is gonna come slightly ahead of Bolt onto the straight but not by much. And Bolt will take him down the main stretch.

Mens 200m heats on the morning session of the 18th. Semi's on the afternoon session of the 19th. Finals on the afternoon session on the 20th. write itdown, chalk it up, set an alarm, post-it reminder, DVR it.. its gonna be another history lesson in the making!

Back
Top Bottom