☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

Bolt will be beat soon take my word for it (just not in the 100m)...his arrogance is too much.

What would breaking the 100m record by .11 secs be equivalent to in a baseball, football or basketball stat? I'm just trying to wrap my head around thisaccomplishment.

smh.gif
sick.gif

Awesome time yes

Awesome race no.

As phenomenal as bolt is this aint a race nomore 10 years ago dudes was dippin to win medals now dudes is dippin to decide 6th.

Usain looks like Ben Johnson in 92 out there lol its stupid

Untill somebody actually pushes him to beat them 100 metres is dead as a race its just gonna be how much can Usain shave off the record.

Sorry Gunna but in this form nobodys beating Bolt 100,200 or relay no matter how good Gay runs the bend Usains got wat he needs to beat him hes a freak ofnature unless dude slips or pulls up its a wrap.

I give Tyson props he ran his best so far bad start n all still came back to push past Powell.

I cant front though I miss the early to mid 90s 100 competition where 6 of 8 dudes was dippin for medals

Peace
Scottie

anybody notice the not so perfect start? He could have easily finished with a better time
sick.gif

Originally Posted by brrraptors

In the 200m Gay is gonna come slightly ahead of Bolt onto the straight but not by much. And Bolt will take him down the main stretch.

Mens 200m heats on the morning session of the 18th. Semi's on the afternoon session on the 19th. Finals on the afternoon session on the 20th. write it down, chalk it up, set an alarm, post-it reminder, DVR it.. its gonna be another history lesson in the making!

thanks...can't wait.
pimp.gif

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Bolt will be beat soon take my word for it (just not in the 100m)...his arrogance is too much.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u mad?

you call that arrogance? hes out there clowning around having fun and in the process single-handedly bringing the sport to the forefront once again. whatreason is there for him to not have this much fun. he brings youthful exuberance to track that people happen to love.

I suggest people checking this thread daily from now until next Sunday which is when the World Championships end.

If your in the U.S. the only networks that's showing Daily Coverage from Mon-Fri are Versus on TV & Universal Sports on the Internet. Then next Sat& Sunday it's back to NBC for TV Coverage and Universal for Internet.

Round 2 of the Bolt vs Gay Showdown will be on Thursday Afternoon in the 200M Final if both make it at 3:30 PMEST U.S./Canadian Time (8:30 PM Berlin Time)

You'll only be able to watch it through Versus Network or Universal Sports Online or CBCSports Online for Canadians.

If you want to watch Rounds you have to be up around 4:00am EST to watch LIVE Online.
If you want to watch Semi's & Finals you have to be up at Noon EST or 2PM EST to watch LIVE Online.

Tomorrow the Women's 100m Final which will be just as good.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u mad?

you call that arrogance? hes out there clowning around having fun and in the process single-handedly bringing the sport to the forefront once again. what reason is there for him to not have this much fun. he brings youthful exuberance to track that people happen to love.

not mad just not over his nuts like you. called the dude God? slurp more

I said Gay and Powell would battle for bronze.

Fact is Bailey ran well but not as good as I thought he would maybe the ocasion was to much for him or he just ran his best.

He still came 4th.

My man Dwaine coming in 6th in 10even now if only he didnt do the p.e.ds man he never needed them he was in the 100 final 10 years ago now hes clean n showingthat he is a great sprinter whoever got in his ear n gave him the idea to cheat n supllyed him shame on u thanks Dwaine for earning back respect and showing yareal talent.

Cheating is never the answer.

Peace
Scottie

Bolt will be beat soon take my word for it

laugh.gif

One of those brave "predictions" where you have nothing to lose.. Like if someone would say that the Detroit Lions will win the Super Bowl.. If theydon't win, then it's not a big deal because noone thought they would win. But if by some remote chances they beat the odds and win, then the guy whosaid they would win brags and thinks he's some genius.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u mad?

you call that arrogance? hes out there clowning around having fun and in the process single-handedly bringing the sport to the forefront once again. what reason is there for him to not have this much fun. he brings youthful exuberance to track that people happen to love.

not mad just not over his nuts like you. called the dude God? slurp more
people with this kind of mentality disgust me.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Awesome time yes

Awesome race no.

As phenomenal as bolt is this aint a race nomore 10 years ago dudes was dippin to win medals now dudes is dippin to decide 6th.

Usain looks like Ben Johnson in 92 out there lol its stupid

Untill somebody actually pushes him to beat them 100 metres is dead as a race its just gonna be how much can Usain shave off the record.

Sorry Gunna but in this form nobodys beating Bolt 100,200 or relay no matter how good Gay runs the bend Usains got wat he needs to beat him hes a freak of nature unless dude slips or pulls up its a wrap.

I give Tyson props he ran his best so far bad start n all still came back to push past Powell.

I cant front though I miss the early to mid 90s 100 competition where 6 of 8 dudes was dippin for medals

Peace
Scottie
i disagree ... you cannot blame the entire race on Bolt's abilities. those guys from the 90s will be dipping their heads for 5th, 6th or 7thtoday.

this was an EPIC race by the first 5 guys.

Usain was just waay better.

Back
Top Bottom