laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bolt says he wants to try long jump

ZURICH -- World 100- and 200-meter champion Usain Bolt is also fixing his sights on the long jump.

"I definitely want to try the long jump," the triple Olympic gold medalist told a news conference on Thursday. "I think I would be a really good long jumper.

"I've messed around with the long jump since I've been at school and I'm definitely going to give it a try."

American Mike Powell, whose long jump world record of 8.95 meters has stood since the 1991 world championships, said last Friday that Jamaican Bolt could jump nine meters in the event.

Bolt won the 100 and 200 at this month's world championships in Berlin, breaking the world records in each event.

The Jamaican, who is due to run in the 100 and 4x100 relay at Zurich's Weltklasse meeting on Friday, said he had not yet discussed the long jump seriously with his coach or set a date for when he could take up the event.

"It's just a case of me wanting to try it," he said.

Bolt, who spent an hour at Zurich railway station at lunchtime signing around 3,000 autographs, said the recent success of Jamaican athletes in sprint events was because many had stayed at home to train rather than move to the United States.

"When you go to the States you get a lot of injuries because you have to run week after week," he said. "I have a good coach who understands this.

"The guys who are doing well are the ones who stayed in Jamaica, they can decide when they want to run."
My man said they are doing better because they don't train too much. I know the rest of the world is mad right now. How many times a week doyou think he actually runs?

I don't think it's the fact that they don't train as much. I'm pretty sure they put in as much work as others, BUT the main difference is thatthey don't RACE as much as Americans(its a shame)
Americans train to peak in the early summer(June, July) versus the world who trains to peak in late summer(August) when the meets really count. You see itacross the board for Americans as well...
Only if we could get smarter on training, we would be even better....

He was screaming at him while he was closing LMAO. Then when he crossed the line they shared a laugh. Those two are cool like that tho, I dunno if. Yallremember bejing how they clowned around

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Thread title needs to be changed, and I missed the meet.
smh.gif

I'll watch it when it's up Ondemand, NBC is showing it tomorrow I believe.

you shouldve stepped up and made the thread ur self Q....ill change it too the regular one

hahaha

Watching Brussels the Final stop on the Golden League.

pimp.gif
@ Sanya destroying the field breaking the Meet Record set in '82 by Marita Koch.
pimp.gif
Powell beating Tyson Gay in 9.90.

This Brussels Crowd is nuts my goodness.
eek.gif

Usain was tombout the crowd bein mad hype and he said he's bussin 19.57.

He posted a vid of autograph session, they was out for him and his pumas.

Crowd is nuts, better than the Berlin WC Crowd and that's saying alot since they were nuts too.

- Women's 100m Hurdles was a dead heat between Foster-Hylton & Lopes-Schliep, the win given to Bridgette in 12.48 PLS in 2nd with a PB of 12.49
- Wariner won the Men's 400 (LeShawn wasn't in the race), Quow in 2nd and Bingham in 3rd....Quow needs to change his race strategy he always waits toolate.
- Women's 100m Jeter just edged out SAF in 10.88, Kerron was 3rd.
eek.gif
@ Sherrone Simpson returning in this race....field was deep.

eek.gif
@ Usain..

My man jogged a 19.57, went hard the 1st 100 kept going for 70 and completely shut down with 30 metres left. That was easily another 19.3 right there, withanother Major Championships 2 years away I guess that 18 secs will come in 2011.

edit: So the 1 Million Jackpot went to Bekele, Isinbayeva & Sanya Richards.

Thanks for the videos, since the WC I can't find any online streams to watch any meets.

Anyways, It looks like it's going to be awhile until anybody beats Richards in the 400.

^ Universal Sports streams.

and the Meet will be on NBC for an Hour I think on Sat or Sunday or you can catch Universal Sports TV for the repeat.

I guess Universal Sports sports isn't the same as NBC sports but I found it.

Felix does look like she could challenge Richards but I've only seen Felix run 4x400

Back
Top Bottom