☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Warriors offering Monta. Clippers not offering Gordon. Celtics offering Rondo and Green. Not really much to be picking from if you're the Hornets.

Clippers = Sleeper team of The NBA.

That Caron Butler move has made them so strong. They have one of the best starting 5's in the league.

rockets better be getting back a +#!# load of first round picks in the upcoming drafts. do lakers have enough cap for Nene?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by man listen

^ head to head? hell nah

What is that supposed to mean, 1v1?  Paul is definitely better as part of a team, meaning real basketball.  The only issue with him is the knee injuries....  That's dangerous stuff right there, the Lakers really gave up alot of a solid team.  This could turn out to be a real bad move for them.
Chandler certainly fills a big need for the Knicks, but the backcourt is going to be sooo ugly this year.  It's hard to imagine Carmelo meshing with a team offense unless there is a real powerful point guard running things.
Im talking about the fact that Chris Paul might score 12 points and get 7 assists while Rose gets 30 and the Bulls get the win. Plenty of guys dominate guys not in the same catagory as them. Rose dominates Westbrook, Rondo, Williams, Paul, Nash on a consistant basis.

12 and 7 is kind of a straw man...  Paul averaged 22 and 11.5 in the playoffs last year, shooting 55%.  I know this is a matter of opinion, but I just don't believe that scoring PGs make winners in the end.  Chris Paul makes everyone on his team better on a Nash-esque level.  Hell, he had West as an all star and Chandler pretty close, and a crazy mediocre team making the playoffs consistently.
The Bulls have a great defensive squad but they struggle to get points when they need them.  That's because when it comes down to the big games, with the tough defense and preparation (re: playoffs) scoring PGs like Rose become incredibly inefficient options.  The guy shot under 40% last year and definitely cost the team some games.  I know he won MVP but you can't build a winner around a guy like that.  

I guess it happened once with Isaiah....

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

This is definitely a bad move on the Lakers part. Don't get too caught up on names. Basketball is a team game. You need bigs. According to numbers, Paul wasn't even that great last season.

indifferent.gif

Has the Tyson Chandler deal been confirmed, or does he still have time to change his mind and take his talents somewhere else?
nerd.gif

i tihnk i rather have cp3-kobe-artest-nene-bynum as a team than cp3-kobe-scrub-scrub-dwight. Or maybe i just dont want Dwight anywhere near the lakers haha

Ugh can't believe the Lakers landed Paul
30t6p3b.gif
That franchise always gets so damn lucky with good player.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

This is definitely a bad move on the Lakers part. Don't get too caught up on names. Basketball is a team game. You need bigs. According to numbers, Paul wasn't even that great last season.

indifferent.gif

Stoneface all you want. I'm just saying, I'm surprised he only averaged 16 points on a team where he was the lead man. This deal isn't good for LA, if they are planning on not making any other moves. They got much weaker. We don't even know how well Kobe and Paul mesh together. You rarely trade bigs for perimeter players. 

Originally Posted by franchise3

Of course when you trade away the face of your franchise, one of the best players in the league, you want young pieces to rebuild, but, the Hornets came out ok in this deal. Odom, Scola, Martin all NBA starters, and Dragic has potential. And these dudes got a first rounder from Houston. Hopefully Morey has something up his sleeve.
Whats the Rockets line up looking like??
Dalembert???Nene???????Pau?

Patterson/Pau

Bud

Lee

Lowry

Originally Posted by franchise3

Of course when you trade away the face of your franchise, one of the best players in the league, you want young pieces to rebuild, but, the Hornets came out ok in this deal. Odom, Scola, Martin all NBA starters, and Dragic has potential. And these dudes got a first rounder from Houston. Hopefully Morey has something up his sleeve.
In Morey we trust?
laugh.gif

I think the Rockets have traded away all the players I liked on the team since 2004. No more making fun of Conley from me aka Lowry > Conley. Gluck bruh!

NO gets NY's 2012 via Houston. I ain't eem mad though as that's most likely gonna be a mid round pick.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

That Caron Butler move has made them so strong. They have one of the best starting 5's in the league.

roll.gif

no they dont

when did Caron Butler become such an elite forward? Eric Gordon is not that great either and dont even start with Mo

So, as long as they were trying to land CP3, why wouldn't Boston now offer up Rondo for Dwight and then try to get a Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis or whoever else becomes available to play PG and make one more last run?

Boston is one team that could/should make a move for Dwight without needing a guarantee he stays. Their window is just about shut, he'd leave it open for one more year.

Rondo/Jermaine O'Neal/Clippers 1st round pick + C's 1st rnd pick or future pick

for

Dwight

So long as Danny Ainge has some balls, who says no?

Originally Posted by tyisny

Originally Posted by DubA169

today the NBA publicly admitted that it's a corrupt orinization.

plain and simple

Where was this talk when it was CP3 to the knicks rumors instead
laugh.gif

check about 20 pages back
ive always said it makes no sense that a team that the NBA owns can trade him ANYWHERE.

it's a conflict of interest, and i'm sure a bunch of owners are pissed off about it.

at least when the lakers get dwight too, lebron wont ever get a ring. this is all his fault anyway

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Okafor (29 years old, $12,541,812 this season)
Scola (31, $8,591,793)
Ariza (26, $6,790,640)
Martin (28, $12,019,840)
Dragic (25, $2,108,000)

Odom (32, $8,900,000)
Jack (28, $5,220,000)
Pondexter (23, $1,153,800)

That's an aging, borderline playoff team that is capped out as is, and going nowhere in the future.

This guy gets it.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

What is that supposed to mean, 1v1?  Paul is definitely better as part of a team, meaning real basketball.  The only issue with him is the knee injuries....  That's dangerous stuff right there, the Lakers really gave up alot of a solid team.  This could turn out to be a real bad move for them.
Chandler certainly fills a big need for the Knicks, but the backcourt is going to be sooo ugly this year.  It's hard to imagine Carmelo meshing with a team offense unless there is a real powerful point guard running things.
Im talking about the fact that Chris Paul might score 12 points and get 7 assists while Rose gets 30 and the Bulls get the win. Plenty of guys dominate guys not in the same catagory as them. Rose dominates Westbrook, Rondo, Williams, Paul, Nash on a consistant basis.

12 and 7 is kind of a straw man...  Paul averaged 22 and 11.5 in the playoffs last year, shooting 55%.  I know this is a matter of opinion, but I just don't believe that scoring PGs make winners in the end.  Chris Paul makes everyone on his team better on a Nash-esque level.  Hell, he had West as an all star and Chandler pretty close, and a crazy mediocre team making the playoffs consistently.
The Bulls have a great defensive squad but they struggle to get points when they need them.  That's because when it comes down to the big games, with the tough defense and preparation (re: playoffs) scoring PGs like Rose become incredibly inefficient options.  The guy shot under 40% last year and definitely cost the team some games.  I know he won MVP but you can't build a winner around a guy like that.  

I guess it happened once with Isaiah....

You cant build a winner around Paul either, as the Hornets have demonstrated the past 6 years.
The Bulls need another scorer and A Rose will dominate the ball less , B his shot selection will improve, C the flow will be better.
They will throttle down in the regular season. Noah and Boozer wont be hurt. Rose wont wear those terrible shoes that made him sprain his ankle. Get a shooting guard and make a move.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

no they dont

when did Caron Butler become such an elite forward? Eric Gordon is not that great either and dont even start with Mo
Thats a really good team to use in 2k12
laugh.gif
. In all honesty though, I cant see another sleeper team in the NBA. Bucks maybe?

Originally Posted by tyisny

today the NBA publicly admitted that it's a corrupt orinization.

plain and simple

Where was this talk when it was CP3 to the knicks rumors instead
laugh.gif

check about 20 pages back
ive always said it makes no sense that a team that owns the NBA can trade him ANYWHERE.

it's a conflict of interest, and i'm sure a bunch of owners are pissed off about it.

at least when the lakers get dwight too, lebron wont ever get a ring. this is all his fault anyway

Forgot all about the NBA owning the Hornets. Doesn't hold much water though

Lakers don't make this deal if they don't believe they can land Dwight (I think)

Agreed.

Are the full details of the CP3 deal out yet?  

As for the Amar'e vs. Love argument give me Amar'e. He really impressed me last season with Knicks putting the team on his back are carrying them before Melo came there.

Love is a good player but I don't see him carrying a team like Amar'e did last season.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So, as long as they were trying to land CP3, why wouldn't Boston now offer up Rondo for Dwight and then try to get a Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis or whoever else becomes available to play PG and make one more last run?

Boston is one team that could/should make a move for Dwight without needing a guarantee he stays. Their window is just about shut, he'd leave it open for one more year.

Rondo/Jermaine O'Neal/Clippers 1st round pick + C's 1st rnd pick or future pick

for

Dwight

So long as Danny Ainge has some balls, who says no?
Orlando would want em to take Hedo back, no?

Everybody would... Thats why Paul was always getting done first. At least if you make me take Okafor back I got another at worse rotational big. Hedu needs the ball and is an ineffective defender.

Someone is going to have to absorb Hedo's or Gilbert's contract in order to get Howard.

Hoping the Lakers can pry Emeka from NO too so he can be another piece to a potential D12 trade

Back
Top Bottom