☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Stephen A Smith must lurk NT S&T. Because I called #6 the tin man the other day, low and behold he called him the tin man on 1st and Ten today. Never heard anybody call him that before so I'm gonna say he stole my line to make me feel good.

By the way I'm moving the Knicks up my power rankings if they definitely get Chandler. If that team plays defense, will be pretty hard to beat.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So, as long as they were trying to land CP3, why wouldn't Boston now offer up Rondo for Dwight and then try to get a Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis or whoever else becomes available to play PG and make one more last run?

Boston is one team that could/should make a move for Dwight without needing a guarantee he stays. Their window is just about shut, he'd leave it open for one more year.

Rondo/Jermaine O'Neal/Clippers 1st round pick + C's 1st rnd pick or future pick

for

Dwight

So long as Danny Ainge has some balls, who says no?
Orlando would want em to take Hedo back, no?
Magic won't trade Howard to the Celtics...same conference.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Lakers don't make this deal if they don't believe they can land Dwight (I think)

Agreed.

Are the full details of the CP3 deal out yet?  

As for the Amar'e vs. Love argument give me Amar'e. He really impressed me last season with Knicks putting the team on his back are carrying them before Melo came there.

Love is a good player but I don't see him carrying a team like Amar'e did last season.

Why the hell did Amar'e add the apostrophe to his name
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Okafor (29 years old, $12,541,812 this season)
Scola (31, $8,591,793)
Ariza (26, $6,790,640)
Martin (28, $12,019,840)
Dragic (25, $2,108,000)

Odom (32, $8,900,000)
Jack (28, $5,220,000)
Pondexter (23, $1,153,800)

That's a team with recognizable names that the NBA can hock off on some desperate billionaire group

This guy gets it.

*fixed for ugly reality*

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Someone is going to have to absorb Hedo's or Gilbert's contract in order to get Howard.

Hoping the Lakers can pry Emeka from NO too so he can be another piece to a potential D12 trade
laugh.gif
that would be pretty funny if they got traded for each other.
Magic won't trade Howard to the Celtics...same conference.
If Boston offers them the best trade, would they decline it and let him walk for nothing?  I don't know.
you're right. maybe a qualifying offer to Jeff Green gets money to match?I don't know. But I'd rather move on with Rondo instead of Bynum.
Same here.  I'd like to see Gilbert in Boston for some reason.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

10027 wrote:

gangsta207therevolution wrote:

10027 wrote:

What is that supposed to mean, 1v1?  Paul is definitely better as part of a team, meaning real basketball.  The only issue with him is the knee injuries....  That's dangerous stuff right there, the Lakers really gave up alot of a solid team.  This could turn out to be a real bad move for them.

Chandler certainly fills a big need for the Knicks, but the backcourt is going to be sooo ugly this year.  It's hard to imagine Carmelo meshing with a team offense unless there is a real powerful point guard running things.
Im talking about the fact that Chris Paul might score 12 points and get 7 assists while Rose gets 30 and the Bulls get the win. Plenty of guys dominate guys not in the same catagory as them. Rose dominates Westbrook, Rondo, Williams, Paul, Nash on a consistant basis.

12 and 7 is kind of a straw man...  Paul averaged 22 and 11.5 in the playoffs last year, shooting 55%.  I know this is a matter of opinion, but I just don't believe that scoring PGs make winners in the end.  Chris Paul makes everyone on his team better on a Nash-esque level.  Hell, he had West as an all star and Chandler pretty close, and a crazy mediocre team making the playoffs consistently.

The Bulls have a great defensive squad but they struggle to get points when they need them.  That's because when it comes down to the big games, with the tough defense and preparation (re: playoffs) scoring PGs like Rose become incredibly inefficient options.  The guy shot under 40% last year and definitely cost the team some games.  I know he won MVP but you can't build a winner around a guy like that.  

I guess it happened once with Isaiah....

You cant build a winner around Paul either, as the Hornets have demonstrated the past 6 years.
The Bulls need another scorer and A Rose will dominate the ball less , B his shot selection will improve, C the flow will be better.
They will throttle down in the regular season. Noah and Boozer wont be hurt. Rose wont wear those terrible shoes that made him sprain his ankle. Get a shooting guard and make a move.

Rose never dominated Russell Westbrook either.

i dont like this move. not unless we get dwight howard then it pointless. kobe and paul are both ball dominate guards. you saw what happen to the heat....

kobe's better recognize his time as the number 1 guys is almost up...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

So, as long as they were trying to land CP3, why wouldn't Boston now offer up Rondo for Dwight and then try to get a Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis or whoever else becomes available to play PG and make one more last run?

Boston is one team that could/should make a move for Dwight without needing a guarantee he stays. Their window is just about shut, he'd leave it open for one more year.

Rondo/Jermaine O'Neal/Clippers 1st round pick + C's 1st rnd pick or future pick

for

Dwight

So long as Danny Ainge has some balls, who says no?

He won't though. I don't understand it.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

This trade is useless without Dwight Howard. 

It doesn't have to be Dwight at all. That is aiming high. Any good big man will work.
Dwight is the last legit big man. I would've went for him first. Big men are hard to find. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i dont like this move. not unless we get dwight howard then it pointless. kobe and paul are both ball dominate guards. you saw what happen to the heat....

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Tyson Chandler 4 years $60 mil 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

now its up to mark cuban. does he want to re sign chandler or go after deron next year...
smh 15 million a year and on my warriors too 
sick.gif

that dude gonna get injured 10 games in watch....

whats it gonna take to get rudy gay in a warriors uniform? minus steph curry...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's already up. He's the 2nd best player on the team now and will be 3rd if they get Dwight.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Tyson Chandler 4 years $60 mil 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

now its up to mark cuban. does he want to re sign chandler or go after deron next year...
smh 15 million a year and on my warriors too 
sick.gif

that dude gonna get injured 10 games in watch....

whats it gonna take to get rudy gay in a warriors uniform? minus steph curry...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Found that funny too.  I don't remember Noblekane rooting for the dubs before.

I'd much rather have Howard in Boston than LA, but he'd end up in LA after Boston anyway, so whatever.

Is that Atlanta steam/smoke presented itself lately? Dwight's hometown and all of that, people were saying he may want to go there. Not like Atlanta really has anything great at all though.

Am I the only one that thinks Oklahoma City should make a play for him? Offer them up Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka. Howard would stay due to them being a contender.

PG - Eric Maynor
SG - James Harden
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kendrick Perkins (maybe), Collison
C - Dwight Howard

That frontcourt defense
sick.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

I'd much rather have Howard in Boston than LA, but he'd end up in LA after Boston anyway, so whatever.

Is that Atlanta steam/smoke presented itself lately? Dwight's hometown and all of that, people were saying he may want to go there. Not like Atlanta really has anything great at all though.

Am I the only one that thinks Oklahoma City should make a play for him? Offer them up Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka. Howard would stay due to them being a contender.

PG - Eric Maynor
SG - James Harden
SF - Kevin Durant
C - Dwight Howard

Small market teams cant make those types of trades imo.

Dwight's been in a nice location (great weather, no state tax) for a long time where he's had dumb management (Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, Jason Richardson), and he hasn't won anything that significant except for one Eastern Conference title.

At this point I'm sure OKC is attractive to him because they provide 1.) a team that could LEGITIMATELY win the chip year after year 2.) a SMART front office.

I think he would extend.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

PG - Eric Maynor
SG - James Harden
SF - Kevin Durant
C - Dwight Howard
Why not???
There is no difference between small markets and large markets. They all have an equal opportunity to make these types of trades..................................................

This trade is useless without Dwight Howard. 

It doesn't have to be Dwight at all. That is aiming high. Any good big man will work.
Dwight is the last legit big man. I would've went for him first. Big men are hard to find. 
?
There's not a ton of big men, but more out there just Dwight. 

If that's the case, he can just go to Memphis for OJ, Marc and Arthur. Memphis will still be a contender with Conley, TA, Gay, Zbo and Dwight.
Small markets will never win. Even if Memphis or OKC won a championship, no superstar would re-sign.

The Lakers are going to get killed opening night,
laugh.gif

Kobe, Chris Paul, and Metta World Peace against the Bulls.
sick.gif

?
There's not a ton of big men, but more out there just Dwight. 
Edit: Legit big men are hard to find. Pau was a legit big man and now he's gone for a 6'2 all-star point guard. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Small markets will never win. Even if Memphis or OKC won a championship, no superstar would re-sign.

OKC is different than Memphis, even if it's just a mental thing.

Miami, Phoenix then Cleveland before Boston.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom