☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Danny Granger is going to end up being one of the buried bodies that David Stern mentioned to the players last February.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Danny Granger is going to end up being one of the buried bodies that David Stern mentioned to the players last February.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

@dgranger33: Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by david stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethern Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to "Stern's Bi#&h" #effectiveimmediately
roll.gif

If I am playing fantasy football, and two owners conspire and make a trade that the rest of the owners THINK that isn't in the best interest of the competitive balance of the league, I would be furious.

Just try to look at it from another perspective. I understand why everyone is upset though.

Further proof the NBA needs to contract 20 teams. Owners like Gilbert are terrible for the league.

The man obviously doesn't pay attention to the NBA beyond his team. NO getting Martin, Scola, and Odom was a pretty good deal for a team that had 0% chance of re-signing CP.

Wait...Dan Gilbert trolled this?

ic4dym.gif

laugh.gif
He's determined to make David Kahn seem reasonable.
Speaking of, how easy is it to forget Kahn claiming that his team stood no shot at the #1 pick going up against a story and face like the Cavs had. Dan, you're mad because Dell Demps did a better job in 1 year of securing talent and value for his small market team than your GMs did in a decade with LeBron. The Hornets managed to turn their star with 66 games left into a replacement for their leaving all-star PF, David West, an upgrade at the 2 and a versatile 7 footer. The hurricane and recession happened and they managed to make a playoff run out of a dead season, because of his moves. They managed to sell 10,000 season tickets to a franchise on life support.

If it can't be fair for a team like the Lakers to make prudent decisions (trading Shaq in his prime, keeping Bynum when he was still raw) take advantage of dumb GMs (Memphis could've traded Gasol before, but kept %!!*%!+ it up), trade their players before they lose value (Shaq again, Ariza, Odom, Gasol and probably Bynum) and knowing when it's time to make bold moves...then what are they supposed to do?

As far as pride and bitterness go, if I own the Hornets, no way do I help make this happen for the Lakers. I'm leveraging this deal to get more out of the Celtics (and the 3rd team they bring in) and shipping him up to Boston. I don't wanna see him 4 times a year as the new Showtime Lakers rape the conference for half a decade and as our old pieces don't manage to get us to the playoffs and slowly leave. Hell %!!*%!+ no.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If I am playing fantasy football, and two owners conspire and make a trade that the rest of the owners THINK that isn't in the best interest of the competitive balance of the league, I would be furious.

Just try to look at it from another perspective. I understand why everyone is upset though.
You don't understand what's going on. Trades happen all the time that benefit both teams involved and make each more competitive. The owners exploited a financially vulnerable team (the Hornets) to prevent a strong team (the Lakers) from getting stronger, instead of supporting the trade, which they should have done as acting owners of the Hornets. 
Bottom line this trade is perfectly logical and only reason it was voided was because owners brushed aside their obligations to the Hornets.

So is the league gonna put out a memo telling us what an "acceptable" trade for Chris Paul (or any superstar) will be? I think both teams got screwed with this, Hornets aren't going to get a better offer than this and will be left with nothing once Paul walks after the season

Like dude above me said, the owners aren't fulfilling their obligations to the Hornets, they're just worried about their own teams
30t6p3b.gif

Now who's gonna have the balls to test the Russian in New Jersey and try to veto a trade for Dwight Howard?
laugh.gif

I am a Cleveland fan but Dan Gilbert just stop it, you butt-hurt fool, move on, let this trade happen, Not that bad of a deal for New Orleans, better than nothing

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

So is the league gonna put out a memo telling us what an "acceptable" trade for Chris Paul (or any superstar) will be? I think both teams got screwed with this, Hornets aren't going to get a better offer than this and will be left with nothing once Paul walks after the season

Like dude above me said, the owners aren't fulfilling their obligations to the Hornets, they're just worried about their own teams
30t6p3b.gif

Now who's gonna have the balls to test the Russian in New Jersey and try to veto a trade for Dwight Howard?
laugh.gif
Originally I was not a fan of this trade and honestly I am still not but I am definitely not a fan of having the league dictate what is in the Hornets best interest!!!

Demps is very livid I am sure being a GM and not being able to do his job. Kudos to him for what he attempted but what will happen is no team is going to touch CP now and he will walk essissently leaving N.O without any coverage like he (Gilbert( was able to receive (rigged draft) and then talks for contraction or relocation will be live more than ever.

$+%$ you stern and gilbert.

BTW Gilbert Letter including nothing about the Hornets it was only about his greedy ++%

Originally Posted by CJ003

Its amazing that people still dont realize that this trade was blocked BECAUSE THE LEAGUE (WHICH IS COMPRISED OF THE OTHER OWNERS) OWNS THE HORNETS. Therefore they had the right to stop a deal, their reasoning really doesnt matter. People still asking STILL wondering why Stern didnt block the Gasol/Kwame trade: BECAUSE THE LEAGUE DIDNT OWN THE LAKERS OR MEMPHIS. If the Hornets had an owner Paul would be on the Lakers.

@dgranger33: Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by david stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethern Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to "Stern's Bi#&h" #effectiveimmediately
roll.gif

about time players start speaking out

I didn't know owners could veto trades like that...

Seems similar to Football Fantasy owners veto-ing FAIR trades simply because they are worried it will put others into contention.

SMH for David Stern for allowing this veto though.

Originally Posted by StroShow4

laugh.gif
roll.gif

JR dropped 43/9/5 this morning but lost to Steph's team, who are now 9-0.� Also, Lester Hudson scored 58 points... in a loss... on 27 three-point attempts.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
27 3's?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

If they killed the CP3 deal. One would think they would have to kill any d12 deal to NJ.

Since D12 is clearly dictating where he wants to go right ?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

I didn't know owners could veto trades like that...

Seems similar to Football Fantasy owners veto-ing FAIR trades simply because they are worried it will put others into contention.

SMH for David Stern for allowing this veto though.

There's only 1 team in the entire NBA that the NBA owns and that's the New Orleans Hornets.

It'd be like if someone quit your keeper fantasy league, the league manager ran their team for the rest of the season until you guys could find someone to join and then right before the playoffs started, he tried to trade Cam Newton.

Even if the trade was fair, do you get how much of a say the other owners are allowed to have?

Back
Top Bottom