☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I said this in the Bulls thread, I meant to say it here:

I hope yall know that the amnesty rule must be excercised prior to a new season, if not, you are stuck with that player during the season, also, people who are waived will go to a bidding war for teams that are UNDER the cap, so you won't see teams over the cap eligible to sign those plays (No Baron to Lakers, etc) Also, if your salary is 10 mil a year and you get waived, and another team bids 6 mil, the original team pays the remaining 4 mil, you can't double dip.

Can this thread remain somewhat good by not having the on going Lin-lames show up? Save that for the Warriors thread please.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Chris about to make it through two weeks of the season.

roll.gif

kobe and bynum are done 
laugh.gif

this will clearly favor the young good teams in the league like the heat, thunder, grizzlies, and bulls

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

I hope yall know that the amnesty rule must be excercised prior to a new season, if not, you are stuck with that player during the season, also, people who are waived will go to a bidding war for teams that are UNDER the cap, so you won't see teams over the cap eligible to sign those plays (No Baron to Lakers, etc) Also, if your salary is 10 mil a year and you get waived, and another team bids 6 mil, the original team pays the remaining 4 mil, you can't double dip.

Thanks for clearing that up
pimp.gif

does that player have to go to the highest bidder? I don't see how that works, what if they want no business with that team or want to take less money to play for a contender? 

I can see the Lakers & Grizzlies in the Western Conference Finals.

OKC needs more scoring options than jus' Kevin, James, & Russ.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

does that player have to go to the highest bidder? I don't see how that works, what if they want no business with that team or want to take less money to play for a contender? 
The only way they can go to a contender is if the teams under the cap don't bid on those players. I don't think every decent player will get bidded on either. What team under the cap will want Baron Davis? Some teams may pick those guys up just so the teams over the cap can't get them.
laugh.gif
 I'm not sure on the "what if they want no business with that team" question. I guess they will have to deal with it like they do in the NFL. 
JA, do you think Dallas will cut Haywood? If so, I hope the Grizz pick him up. Mike Miller back in Memphis would be 
pimp.gif
 as well.

They Obviously can go anywhere they want, wouldn't make sense any other way. All I'm saying is on the teams side teams over the cap are not eligible to bid. Teams under the cap can bid but it's the player's choice ultimately.

Ya'll already know what time it is.

#Mamba

We coming for you Dirk, we coming for you Bron....
D.Rose? Much respect bruh, I see you. Just stay out of the Finals this year and we won't have any problems. Don't want to see my Lakers smash on my 2nd favorite team. 

If we lose Shannon Brown in Free Agency, if we can I'd like Jamal Crawford....Been a soldier for a long time, LINK UP!!! #shottas

ATL: Marvin Williams
BOS: I don't think they'll use it now.
CHA: DeSagana Diop
CHI: I don't think they'll use it now.
CLE: Baron Davis
DAL: I don't think they'll use it now. Even if they re-sign Tyson Chandler, I think they'll keep Brendan Haywood for insurance.
DEN: Al Harrington
DET: Richard Hamilton
GS: I don't think they'll use it now.
HOU: I don't think they'll use it now.
IND: I don't think they'll use it now.
LAC: Might save it for later, but if not Ryan Gomes.
LAL: Luke Walton or Steve Blake
MEM: I don't think they'll use it now.
MIA: Mike Miller
MIL: Drew Gooden
MIN: Darko Milicic
NJ: Travis Outlaw
NOH: I don't think they'll use it now.
NYK: I don't think they'll use it now.
OKC: I don't think they'll use it now.
ORL: Gilbert Arenas
PHI: Andres Nocioni
PHO: Josh Childress
POR: Brandon Roy
SAC: Might save it for later, but if not Francisco Garcia
SAS: Might save it for later, but if not then Richard Jefferson
TOR: Jose Calderon or Linas Kleiza
UTAH: Mehmet Okur or Raja Bell
WAS: Rashard Lewis or Andray Blatche

Timberwolves won't use it on Darko unless they get another center in free agency. His shot-blocking and defense would be missed, no matter the fact that he's owed 15 million over the next three years.

Yup. The only option the player has is to not to report and hope to be released.

"It's so the Lakers can't go in and scoop up all the players," a party familiar with the impending process Sunday told the Sun Sentinel.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm calling it now.....
The Grizzlies will make it to the NBA Finals this season IF none of their main players are injured (and of course re-signing Marc). I just think this team will begin where they left off. They will be very focused and a lot more tough with Rudy Gay added back into the mix. They need to add another big and a shooter may not be that big of a need with Gay coming back who shot 40% from downtown. 

*waits for everyone to call me crazy and a homer like the past two seasons*

I'm not even gonna be on some troll ++*. I agree,  people really gotta watch the Grizzlies, if Rudy Gay wasn't injured they would of beat okc in 7.  And memphis didn't have a problem with dallas last year.  If the Grizzlies make it to the finals, I wouldn't be suprised.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Yup. The only option the player has is to not to report and hope to be released.

"It's so the Lakers can't go in and scoop up all the players," a party familiar with the impending process Sunday told the Sun Sentinel.

makes things very interesting...definitely a win for the competitive balance owners.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

I'm calling it now.....
The Grizzlies will make it to the NBA Finals this season IF none of their main players are injured (and of course re-signing Marc). I just think this team will begin where they left off. They will be very focused and a lot more tough with Rudy Gay added back into the mix. They need to add another big and a shooter may not be that big of a need with Gay coming back who shot 40% from downtown. 

I'm not even gonna be on some troll ++*. I agree,  people really gotta watch the Grizzlies, if Rudy Gay wasn't injured they would of beat okc in 7.  And memphis didn't have a problem with dallas last year.  If the Grizzlies make it to the finals, I wouldn't be suprised.
Chill

I'm calling it now.....

You are %!$*+%% back! I love it!!!!!!!

Bhz you always said one of the reasons the Grizzlies had success was because they gelled better as a unit without Rudy Gay.

I've never been more behind my team sucking than I am this season. Cats have 2 first round picks next season in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. Ill celebrate every loss as if its a win.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Bhz you always said one of the reasons the Grizzlies had success was because they gelled better as a unit without Rudy Gay.

Yea, his injury did bring the group a lot closer. As a unit, they began to play harder and with more purpose and didn't want his injury to be their downfall. If it wasn't for his injury, "Grit/Grind" wouldn't have went in to effect. Tony Allen would've still be getting splinters in his %@! from the bench, new inside/out offense wouldn't have been implemented and no Battier trade. The team was still playing really well about 15 games prior to his injury though.
TBH, I don't see a team thats more hungry than them right now. People still overlook them and everyone thinks the West is for OKC to take this season. I don't know why, but if it lights more fire in them then let it be. If any of you seen ZBo lately, he's definitely serious about making a deep run. 

Now, all this could be wrong. They can either get knocked out the 1st round or make it to the NBA Finals. I don't really see no in between. This is barring injury though.

@rck2sactown 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

^
pimp.gif
@ Mavericks #1, atta boy.
pimp.gif

So wait, yall gotta help me out with this real quick..

So, Rashard Lewis is amnestied. Of those under the cap, they bid and see whoever pays the most, and that's where Rashard Lewis goes? Said player can ONLY join if there are no bids for him?

I like the idea of someone paying for part of his contract, and relieving the amnestying team of some of that heavy contract.

No different than being traded, so that's all it is really. Makes a ton of sense.

It's interesting because it really makes the small-market teams try and fill up the rest of their cap will some legit players (unless they're like Luke Walton). It'll be interesting to see how many teams blow their load early and spend a lot only to see if later on someone releases their player further on down the line.

Also, is it true you can only amnesty when it's NOT the regular season? That's interesting too. I think this will stop a lot of teams from amnestying. There are obvious ones like Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, etc.

What's even more interesting is if a team amnesties a player and then signs a superstar or two who are under the cap (Washington Wizards?
nerd.gif
).

I mean, think about how much cap space they will have if they amnesty Lewis right now. They'd be at 18 million.

AK47, Jason Richardson, David West, Kris Humphries, Michael Redd, Shane Battier, Prince, Caron, Barea, Glen Davis, Jeff Green, Jamal Crawford. All free-agents. They could easily sign four of those guys if they maintain their payroll properly.

Wall
Jason Richardson/Redd/Crawford
AK47/Caron/Prince/Green/Battier
West/Humphries/Big Baby
McGee

Or they can wait until next year, pull a New York Knicks, and go for Dwight,
nerd.gif

All I know is that a lot of teams that DO amnesty will have a lot of room to work with.
nerd.gif

Hell, the Magic would be under the cap when they amnesty Arenas.

JA, do you think Dallas will cut Haywood? If so, I hope the Grizz pick him up. Mike Miller back in Memphis would be smiley: pimp as well.

I kind of don't think so, especially since there's a two-year grace period. It allows the Mavericks to really try and budget towards the future if that's the position they want to take, which I kind of doubt anyways. If we end up re-signing Tyson Chandler, which I'm kind of thinking we will no matter the cost, we still need insurance in case he goes down for a month or so. It's expensive insurance, but still, Haywood can still be a DECENT starting center. Not great, but good enough for a month or two if Tyson gets hurt and needs time to heal. That's especially the case because outside of those two, we are dead thin at Center, unless we want to throw raw !%% Mahinmi out there.
laugh.gif

I'm not sure on the "what if they want no business with that team" question. I guess they will have to deal with it like they do in the NFL.

I'm unsure of how that will work. It seems like more often in the NBA a player will just sit out and try to get traded more than anything.

Say Brandon Roy gets amnestied, and picked up by the Kings. He could just sit out or do whatever he wants until the Kings are forced to trade him to a contender for a decent deal, and have it be a team he would approve of playing for.

That's a sticky situation. If you pick up an amnestied player, what are the boundaries of trading him? Or are there any?

I doubt they even explore trade opps JA.

Another non-contending team isn't going to trade for a disgruntled amnestied player because he will sit out with them too.

IMO, a contending team won't trade for an amnestied player since they can wait for his team to cut ties with him after they can't find any trade partners.

So, if B-roy gets picked up by the Kings and doesn't want to be there, he'll probably agree to a small buy out.

Back
Top Bottom