☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Can someone explain to me about what is the amnesty rule?
Teams can cut one player with a really bad contract (ie, Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas).

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Can someone explain to me about what is the amnesty rule?

Also, basketball season is back and Nash will continue to do thing. Let's go Phoenix!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Suns go after Nene!
Any team can use the amnesty once, during any off season

The cut player will still get paid the remainder of their contract, but it won't go against the team's salary cap

The cut player will enter a waiver system, only teams under the cap can bid for that player. Whoever bids the most gets the player. Teams over the cap can only sign amnesty waived players if nobody has placed a bid on them.

IDK, that's what I gathered so far.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Two more added to the league:
Zyzz
Caerus

5 more spots left, let's fill these!
Fine I will play. we doing yahoo or espn?

Originally Posted by af1 1982

So far we have:
Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23

7 more spots are open. PM me or reply to this thread if interested!
Interested. Please PM me if I made the 10.... I dunno if people have been PMing you or not.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

good,  they shouldn't let them break contracts they chose to sign knowing how things would be beforehand.

I was listening to Mike & Mike this am and they were saying that they could really just walk away and their would be no penalty unless they needed to play in china again being as there's no FIBA association and they can't prevent a team in the NBA from signing them.

It's going to be ESPN. University of Nike, still wanna do it?

Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23
Zyzz
Caerus
rck2sactown
703FlipFiend

If I missed you or if you are interested, please post in this thread. The last 3 spots are first come first serve. I will go by the time stamps of your posts. Do not PM as some people are having problems with PM.

Hey guys quick question about the amnsesty provision. So I understand that if a team uses it then that players salary does not count against the cap. But does the team still have to pay the player his entire contract in full? (even if he signs with another team??)

I will PM everybody after all the slots are filled with the info on the league and I will post in on here. I know that the draft will probably be sometime this weekend. Scoring will most likely be head to head and the draft will either be regular style.

Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23
Zyzz
Caerus
rck2sactown
703FlipFiend
Mr Marcus
jhova718

One spot left. I am looking to make the draft probably Friday during the day if people can do that. Let me know if you cannot do the draft during Friday.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

good,  they shouldn't let them break contracts they chose to sign knowing how things would be beforehand.

I was listening to Mike & Mike this am and they were saying that they could really just walk away and their would be no penalty unless they needed to play in china again being as there's no FIBA association and they can't prevent a team in the NBA from signing them.

I don't think the NBA would allow a team to sign JR Smith or one of the others if they were to just ditch China and break their contract.  I don't see the league supporting such a move.  Then they won't get any money this season from China OR the NBA.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

im down

and does comcast have the choice package? never heard of it
Pretty sure they do. My friend had it last year and I think he has Comcast (although I never watched a game there).

[h1][/h1]
[h1]NBA season would require back-to-back-to-backs[/h1]
By The Associated Press Nov 27, 9:24 pm EST

NEW YORK (AP)—The NBA regular season would run through April 26 and requireteams to play at least one set of back-to-back-to-back games if a new labor deal isratified in time to start on Christmas.

The league posted an outline of what the schedule would look like on itsTwitter pages Sunday. The plan is a 66-game regular season, ending about 10 dayslater than usual. The last possible day of the NBA finals would be June 26, twoweeks later than the championship series ended last season.

Teams would play 48 games within their conference and 18 non-conferencegames. No team would play on three straight nights more than three times.

Back-to-backs might also be played during the second round of thepostseason.

source

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h1][/h1]
Teams would play 48 games within their conference and 18 non-conference games. No team would play on three straight nights more than three times.

Back-to-backs might also be played during the second round of the postseason.
source

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom