☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

[h1]Acquiring veterans in any deal for Dwight Howard won’t help Magic[/h1]
Marc Stein of ESPN.com has filed the latest on the Dwight Howard trade talks, focusing on the sort of package the Magic want:
Sources familiar with Orlando’s thinking say that a picture of what the Magic will ultimately expect in return for their anchor has indeed begun to emerge, telling ESPN.com this week that Orlando would not hold out for youth and draft picks as the league-owned New Orleans Hornets were ordered to do in the Chris Paul sweepstakes. The Magic, sources say, would instead prefer to bring back multiple established veterans who can keep the team competitive.

The Magic have a shiny new arena to fill, and their owner, 85-year-old Rich DeVos, has no taste for a rebuild.

And then this:
Sources told ESPN.com that the aforementioned Hawks, meanwhile, engaged Orlando in trade talks for Howard earlier this month with an offer believed to be headlined by $124 million guard Joe Johnson and swingman Josh Smith. You have to figure that the Magic, though, would insist on Al Horford if such discussions ever got serious.

Atlanta believed it was making “progressâ€

Way too much red/white/blue color combos in the league right now . I'm all for the Sixers ditching the red away jersey for the blue one though.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Look into the future a month from now...Kevin Love is averaging 22 and 12, Beasley is averaging 20 and 6. What would happen if the Wolves offered Love, Beasley, Malcolm Lee and their 2013 1st round pick to the Magic for Dwight and Hedo? Rubio, D-Will and Dwight would be 
pimp.gif
. Don't know if Dwight would be down for Minnesota though.
Another sleeper team for Dwight is Portland. They could offer Lamarcus Aldridge, Gerald Wallace, Elliot Williams and a 1st rounder. Felton-Matthews-Crawford-Batum-Dwight..with Camby, Kurt Thomas, Babbit, Armon Johnson and Greg Oden whenever he comes back off the bench.

No way would he agree to sign long term in either of those places.

After reading that I say wait until the trade deadline (so most of the incoming players salary are paid) and pull the trigger on the Nets/TB deal. Just ask for more picks, find a 4th team if you have to, ship Jameer if you have to, stop the love affair with him it makes no sense. I understand and agree with wanting to continue making the playoffs for the money and Wallace and Lopez would help a bit. They have to accept they won't be championship contenders though. Dumping huge contracts and hoarding picks would be a great start.

The ATL deal does seem better, player wise, if you can get Horford included.

As far as LAL, if I'm Otis I keep insisting on Bynum and Pau until they cave. Just one isn't enough. Otis should be trying to get back a starting line up and multiple picks for Dwight Howard while dumping Hedo on somebody else. Looking at the owner's perspective I would not want to start rebuilding either.

Shaq would be good as a traveling correspondent with a weekly guest role...... but as a regular? Dude is annoying as hell.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Way too much red/white/blue color combos in the league right now . I'm all for the Sixers ditching the red away jersey for the blue one though.

I feel the same way.

You have the:

Clippers, Hawks, 76ers, Pistons, Nets, Wizards all with red/white/blue.

That's saturated
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Those of you complaining about Shaq must have fallen asleep before last night's show. When he was cheating in Who He Play Fo' and pulled that card out with the Chinese writing on it,
laugh.gif
then they showed him beating up Ernie backstage :

http://www.nba.com/video/...111227_top5_inside_1.nba
I did watch it, hence the post I made after I watched it. The Chinese character thing was legitimately funny, and the surveillance video was alright. I'm talkin about Shaq running around the set, keep interrupting with random things that gets them off topic (I didn't need a two minute discussion about Javale McGee), etc. Kenny is just way more tactful and clever when he punks and makes fun of Charles. Shaq is going to resort to childish jokes and stepping all over him.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

30t6p3b.gif
@ Shaq replacing C Webb. I hope Chris isnt exiled to NBATV.
frown.gif

NBATV>>>>>>TNT n ESPN

I liked how he worked with Ernie, Kenny and Chuck. Doesn't feel the same when he's on NBATV with Dennis Scott and Greg Anthony.

T-Mac to Howard: Be careful what you wish for

Tracy McGrady forever will be remembered on the wrong side of the superstar alliances, a career of what-ifs with those Grant Hill and Yao Ming partnerships perishing with fractured bones and twisted ligaments. Between Shaquille O’Neal and Dwight Howard, McGrady had been the smaller, sleeker franchise star wanting to leave the Orlando Magic.

Now at 32 years old with the Atlanta Hawks, the knee operations behind him, McGrady has been seared with the scars of professional regret. He won scoring titles, earned tens of millions of All-Star votes and made tens of millions of dollars. As history goes, it’s never worked out right for T-Mac. No titles, no finals, no significant advancements in the playoffs.

Nevertheless, McGrady was one of the originals who inspired franchises to clear salary-cap space, to partner with another All-Star, and few have lived the free-agent frenzy like him. Yes, McGrady knows of Howard requesting a trade to the New Jersey Nets to play with Deron Williams, but he doesn’t care about the Nets’ shiny new arena in Brooklyn, the Russian billionaire owner willing to spend and spend. For whatever it’s worth, T-Mac doesn’t see Howard and the Nets.

“I can’t see him coming here,â€

Wow had no idea
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
just in time for Bynum to come off suspension
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

30t6p3b.gif
@ Shaq replacing C Webb. I hope Chris isnt exiled to NBATV.
frown.gif
NBATV>>>>>>TNT n ESPN
True story. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to anything basketball related on ESPN especially their half time and pregame commentary/analysis. Just wish NBAtv hosted more games.

Back
Top Bottom