☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

The Christmas tree plus the Bosh mask.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hey, Amare had more rebounds tonight than Tim Duncan. That *%%!%#$$%%%* been done for 3 years.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Duncan played 16 min. Amare 32. Amare def needs step it up.
laugh.gif
they did shaq dirty

Yeah, Chuck seems to not quite be comfortable w/Shaq on the set yet. Strange since Chuck, EJ, and Kenny usually have great chemistry w/whoever is there on set (even dry @## McHale for instance).Durant, wow. Nothing more needs to be said really.Knicks.... Gah. A trade for Nash makes sense. Not sure how it could work salary-wise. But I'm sure Phx would take Douglas and a future pick/cash or some *%+#. Suns are going nowhere, Nash will be a free agent, and getting back a young player or a pick would be better than nothing.

Everybody just leave the Knicks alone. Haters. Amare is better than Blake Griffin. Tyson chandler is a top 5 center. They're a top 3 team in the East. They didn't need that bum Chauncey to play them. TD will be able to hold the fort down he's a great defender and hits big shots.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Everybody just leave the Knicks alone. Haters. Amare is better than Blake Griffin. Tyson chandler is a top 5 center. They're a top 3 team in the East. They didn't need that bum Chauncey to play them. TD will be able to hold the fort down he's a great defender and hits big shots.

I would reply to this with an equally sarcastic remark about your favorite team but you root for 9 teams so I'd be typing all night

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Would the Knicks have been so bad if they had never made that trade is what I'm wondering...

If they didn't do it they could've still gotten Chandler and had a starting lineup of Felton/Fields/Gallo/Stat/Chandler and had a pretty damn good bench with Douglas/Shumpert?/Chandler/Jefferies/Mozgof don't tell me that's not a beast team...wayyyy better than what they got now.

The way the Melo deal went down was more about $ than basketball. Dolan was shook that the trade might not happen and Isaiah got in his ear. Then there was a chance NJ would get Melo, so he and Isaiah hijacked the trade talks and gave Denver more than they even asked for in the first place. Why? Because of the billion dollar renovations Dolan had planned. The 50% ticket price bump over the summer and propping up MSG programming.

Donnie was negotiating to give Denver about half what they asked for at the deadline. Something like Chandler, Gallo and flipping Anthony Randolph for another pick to send. He wasn't gonna sacrifice the team to get someone they could sign later. Instead Dolan gives all that + the '14 and '16 picks, Mozgov and Felton. Doesn't send Jeffries expiring and takes back Billups and trash. You know it's bad, when Ujiri stop taking Donnie's calls once Dolan got involved, cuz he knew he hit the jackpot.

You can even expand on that and say, alright, the Knicks don't trade for Carmelo. Utah was waiting on which of NJ and us get Melo, to trade Deron to the other, so if Melo goes to NJ, we'd have Deron and more pieces left. And if neither happened or Deron went to NJ, we would've signed Melo 3 weeks ago. Turns out he only saved $5.8 million over 4 years for forcing the trade. And we would've had the pieces to trade for CP3.

I could try to blame Melo for forcing the trade, but he gave us the leverage to get him and still have a team for playoffs. The Celtics were willing to rent Chris Paul, but he said nope, I'm not even picking up my option year. Melo wasn't going to New Jersey to play with Anthony Morrow and Brook Lopez.

There's still no telling what we have right now. It'll take til mid-Jan. when Shumpert and Jeffries come back and a few more of w/e last night was to get a real picture.

Only problem with that is that Utah got more than Denver.....
You had to give up so many picks and players, cause you were looking at being a playoff team before the trade. Where as the Nets gave up Favors, what turned into number 3, and Harris ( at worse still a bench spark) + the Warriors pick this year.
What he needed to do was wait. The time line would have been screwed up but your looking at
Amare at 20 Felton at 7.5, Gallo at 4.2 Moz at 2.5. You can outright sign Melo at 18 or gotten him to take less... Trade Felton, Gallo, Moz and 2 first for Paul.
And then tried to get Chandler to take 7-8 for a year.
Only problem is someone would have asked for Shump, and or Fields... But since you still have Wilson's bird rights you would just play him at the 2.

son...if the playoffs started today...we'd be out. it's over.
tired.gif

But yea EJ, Aminu, Kaman expiring and Minny's pick > Felton expiring, Gallo, Moz, 2 future firsts and maybe Fields, but considering he'd give a trade here the green light from day 1.

And at the 2, we'd probably still have either Shump or Fields and we would've had a better free agency having CP3. Welp. It is what it is. We overpaid Tyson, because we didn't have a good enough reason not to. Same as with Amar'e. And there was no predicting what Stern was about to do.

That said, I've seen sparks and I blame Mike Woodson for recommending Mike Bibby...there were options out there...$%% Smith, Delonte even Tinsley...we could've found someone better than the situation we're in. I heard that Toney, Bill Walker and Balkman S&T for Crawford was on the table. I assumed Toney could play like he did first half of last year once he was healthy...but that's me undervaluing what Felton did for the offense and him.

This was game 5 out of an 8 game preseason to me though...we've got 8 or 9 new players and injuries. ehhh

shaqtree.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Any news on howard? looks like hes just gonna hold out till next yr and enjoy basketball regardless of how the magic do this season..

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I swear I remember some of these same comments about Westbrook in regards to KD "showing him up" by making the winning shot before
laugh.gif
All it's going to do is make Russy go harder the next game, especially given the fact they don't come back without him.

I was surprised they didn't show KD's mom and brother today. She has worn the Nerfs to a game, and I saw his "little" brother had on the Copper IVs at the season opener.

I want to hear more about that experimental procedure Kobe got on his knee.
Older brother.

Back
Top Bottom