☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

If he isn't gone before the season starts I believe NO will try their hardest to find a team with the best deal that doesn't care if Paul commits to them and make the trade right before the deadline. With the Knicks in mind it's possible NO might be forced in some way to send him there if nobody takes that risk.

Unlike Den I think NO has to be realistic about their team post CP and how they want to rebuild. Cuz even though they made the playoffs this season could be a wash and a precursor to things to come if they don't make certain decisions sooner than later.

roll.gif
@ Chandler. Son is buggin. You would've thought dude put up Hakeem #s in the playoffs. I gotta assume he waited to see what Nene and Marc wanted and then topped. He'll probably just look for a few mil more when he see what contracts they sign.

I know he basically averages a double double but 20 mil for Chandler is a joke. If the owners are really done with overpaying players and screwing themselves over no team would even entertain that.

You guys are really good w/ this kind of stuff: throw out some players bringing in $20mil a year, deserving or undeserving.

Do you one better, here's 14 and up
Top NBA Salaries
1. Kobe Bryant LA Lakers
$25,244,000
2. Rashard Lewis Washington

$22,152,000
3. Tim Duncan San Antonio
$21,300,000
4. Kevin Garnett Boston
$21,200,000
5. Gilbert Arenas Orlando
$19,269,308
6. Dirk Nowitzki Dallas
$19,092,873
7. Pau Gasol LA Lakers
$18,714,150
8. Carmelo Anthony New York

$18,520,000
9. Amare Stoudemire New York

$18,217,705
10. Joe Johnson Atlanta
$18,038,573
11. Dwight Howard Orlando
$17,885,400
12. Elton Brand Philadelphia
$17,059,726
13. Deron Williams New Jersey
$16,359,805
14. Chris Paul New Orleans
$16,359,805
15. LeBron James Miami
$16,022,500
16. Chris Bosh Miami
$16,022,500
17. Dwyane Wade Miami
$15,512,000
18. Paul Pierce Boston
$15,333,334
19. Andrew Bynum LA Lakers
$15,157,667
20. Antawn Jamison Cleveland

$15,076,715
21.Rudy Gay Memphis

$15,032,144
22.Brandon Roy Portland

$14,940,153
23. Chauncey Billups New York

$14,200,000
24. Al Jefferson Utah

$14,000,000

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You guys are really good w/ this kind of stuff: throw out some players bringing in $20mil a year, deserving or undeserving.
Right now? The only guy who's 20+ and deserves it is Kobe Bryant.

No, Garnett and Duncan don't deserve it.

Well Garnett and Duncan deserved it when they signed those contracts. Can't help it that they're still profiting off it. Crazy how those two are no longer the #1 options or even 2nd most nights.

30t6p3b.gif
Every time I see how much Lewis is making
sick.gif
Joe, Elton, and Antwan really don't deserve what they're getting.

Ehhh...Garnett, Duncan and Chompsy (we'll see) are paid fair since this is the last year on their deals.

Dirk, Pau, Melo, Dwight, Deron, CP3, LeBron, Wade and Pierce all deserve it.

Amar'e, Bosh, Bynum (depending on injuries), Rudy (tbd) and Al Jefferson are a little overpaid.

Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, Jamison, BRoy
30t6p3b.gif
are very overpaid.

Shard and Gil are jokes, they both deserve half at best.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Not even taking into consideration of where he goes...

Do you think CP3 gets traded or the Hornets make him wait it out?

If he does gets traded, when? It's clear he won't be in New Orleans after this year.

Do you think he really gets traded in the middle of the season? I don't. That's so much to handle for a team in the middle of a hectic season playing so many games.

And another thing a lot of people I think are forgetting, it takes 6 months for a traded-player to be up for an extension.. So even if CP3 were traded December 9th, he couldn't sign an extension until next off-season.
nerd.gif
Is there a link you can provide with this information? I can't find it.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

According to Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD via sources, the Knicks, Jazz and Lakers have shown interest in free-agent PG Sebastian Telfair.

We noted earlier Friday a list of point guards for the Jazz, and Telfair appears to be one to add into the mix for the team now as well.

In New York, Telfair would likely figure in as a backup behind Chauncey Billups at the point. Ditto for the Lakers, where Telfair would find himself on the depth chart behind Derek Fisher.

grin.gif

wow behind derek fisher................wow... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Ehhh...Garnett, Duncan and Chompsy (we'll see) are paid fair since this is the last year on their deals.

Dirk, Pau, Melo, Dwight, Deron, CP3, LeBron, Wade and Pierce all deserve it.

Amar'e, Bosh, Bynum (depending on injuries), Rudy (tbd) and Al Jefferson are a little overpaid.

Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, Jamison, BRoy
30t6p3b.gif
are very overpaid.

Shard and Gil are jokes, they both deserve half at best.
"Very overpaid" is an unfair way to describe Roy though. Dude just can't play physically play.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Not even taking into consideration of where he goes...

Do you think CP3 gets traded or the Hornets make him wait it out?

If he does gets traded, when? It's clear he won't be in New Orleans after this year.

Do you think he really gets traded in the middle of the season? I don't. That's so much to handle for a team in the middle of a hectic season playing so many games.

And another thing a lot of people I think are forgetting, it takes 6 months for a traded-player to be up for an extension.. So even if CP3 were traded December 9th, he couldn't sign an extension until next off-season.
nerd.gif
Is there a link you can provide with this information? I can't find it.
I'm sorry, I was wrong, my bad.

Extend-and-trade deals

A player may sign an extension for up to three years in length and get traded during the season. The owners' previous offer prohibited these by imposing a six-month buffer between the time of a trade and the signing of an extension.

Comment: Now the drama that played out with Denver's Carmelo Anthony last season, and whatever damage it inflicted on the Nuggets and their fans, can play out with Orlando's Dwight Howard, New Orleans' Chris Paul and New Jersey's Deron Williams, among others. Another move by the owners.

I remembered reading about it, and I wrongfully assumed that it was still implemented, but it's one of the things the owners gave up in their most recent offer. Forget what I said about that.
20 million for chandler lol i think tyson been listening to japanair too much
laugh.gif

You know even I ain't on board with that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rashard made 22 mil last season?!
indifferent.gif
Still owed 46 for next two years.
laugh.gif

I have no idea why they don't amnesty him, it looks like no one is going to use their amnesty clause.

Do teams really plan on making that many more contract mistakes than the likes of Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas?
laugh.gif

For a team like Dallas I can understand because they really need the Center depth, but for Rashard, I don't see it.

the lockout aint change %$** and in 6 years the owners will cry piverty

it's laughable how easy it was for the owners to play fans of bad teams like suckers.

I said from day !!%%$+! one that competitive balance stuff was PROPAGANDA. And I'm kind of happy about it. not because of the knicks, but because all those angry people all over the internet were writing about how

"these uneducated fools have no leverage. they are going to get taken to the cleaners!"
"The owners are about the fans! the players just want money!"
"these fools get paid millions to put a ball through a hoop and they want to try to negotiate? there is about to be a new NBA!"

It is not Chandler per say asking for that.

His agent is. He said due to Centers being thin in this league, and Tyson being a Champion, he is worth it. They are taking Football tatics to drive the market. Nene and Gasol do not deserve their demands either but Nene is probably going to get a lot from the Nets so I guess i have to put up with that if it happens.

I know Chandler wants to come to NJ also, (Dwill and him have the same agent) but not even at 12 mil would I take Chandler. at least Nene has some Offensive skill. Is CHandler worth that much for Defense and the chance to play 45 of the 66 this year????

Japan - you think if Chandler does not comeback, Ian Mahinmi may get the start over Haywood? (Since I know how Dallas fans love Haywood. lol )

^u sure dallas fans love haywood? i think its just japanair that feel that way
laugh.gif

and wow why doesnt washington just use the amnesty on lewis??

Originally Posted by NobleKane

^u sure dallas fans love haywood? i think its just japanair that feel that way
laugh.gif

and wow why doesnt washington just use the amnesty on lewis??
Fiscally, the Wizards could potentially create several more problems by waiving Lewis. They would essentially have to pay about $54 million for him to leave – his $22 million salary this season, plus the $10 million he’s guaranteed to receive next season, plus the $22 million that the Wizards would have to spend to fill the cap room created by his absence.

The NBA will require teams to spend a minimum of 85 percent of the salary cap, which is expected to be around $58 million. So, the Wizards would be forced to spend money on players in a relatively weak free agent class that lacks game-changing superstars. The Wizards plan to continue to develop their draft picks and watch the players grow together, so adding big-money rotation players could stunt that plan.

Also, JaVale McGee is eligible for an extension and will be a restricted free agent next summer. And if John Wall blossoms into a star, he could be eligible for a larger extension after the creation of the Derrick Rose rule, which allows young players to get big money earlier. Locking up free agents now could prohibit future spending when most of the talent has ripened and is ready to contend – especially when a more punitive luxury tax will be in place in two years.
Link

Makes sense to me.

Orlando & Washington should be jumping all over that amnesty clause with Rashard & Gil... Not sure why they're holding back.
nerd.gif

I don't see that many more contracts that turn out as bad as those
nerd.gif
roll.gif

The way I see it, it's cheaper to keep Rashard because of the 85 percent salary cap rule. Why waive him and then spend even more money to not have someone on your roster? Now, waiving Arenas makes a whole lot more sense, and I think it might happen if Dwight is shipped. Or perhaps they're waiting to see if they can ship Dwight and Arenas together to get more out of whatever team Dwight goes to. And then the onus of waiving Arenas would go to this new team.

Back
Top Bottom