☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Seriously, turn on your NBAtv right now.  Tinsley is putting on a show like this is the Rucker.  Just made two more highlight plays... a sick pass and a nasty cross.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Does anyone else happen to be watching this LA/Sioux Falls D-League game on NBAtv right now? Jamaal Tinsley just broke out an AND1 Mixtape move. Not dribbling between the D's legs, but a move I've never seen him do before. He dropped the ball over the defender's shoulder, put some spin on it, pretended like he was about to run around the guy, then backed up and retrieved the ball. It was like some Hot Sauce @^#%, I swear! I wish I had been recording.

laugh.gif
I saw it. Right when I turned the game on he pulled that move around the dude's shoulder
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So.....if the Mavs lose Chandler, JJ and Butler, who will they look to sign?
Crappy thing is that probably no one big.
laugh.gif

We don't have the cap room. We'd just have to use whatever exceptions we have to try and bring someone in, no matter how crappy.

Mavs are already over the cap with Chandler, JJ, and Butler not signed.

Can't sign anyone outright, so it'd have to either be a trade or just some decent player who's willing to play for cheap.

I do hear we want to get back Stevenson though, since Caron is about 95% done here.

I can see Stevenson staying, but I can see him leaving too.

I really don't think we lose out on Barea.

Successful off-season = we sign Chandler.
Failure off-season= we don't sign Chandler.

It's really him or nothing.

good news is Brian Cardinal is expected to be back. Automatic 2012 Champs. Book it.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Does anyone else happen to be watching this LA/Sioux Falls D-League game on NBAtv right now? Jamaal Tinsley just broke out an AND1 Mixtape move. Not dribbling between the D's legs, but a move I've never seen him do before. He dropped the ball over the defender's shoulder, put some spin on it, pretended like he was about to run around the guy, then backed up and retrieved the ball. It was like some Hot Sauce @^#%, I swear! I wish I had been recording.

laugh.gif
I saw it. Right when I turned the game on he pulled that move around the dude's shoulder
roll.gif
roll.gif

Aha someone else did see it!  How awesome was that?!
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Did you catch the crossover and the fancy drop off pass that followed it?  Dude was putting on a show for a few minutes.
pimp.gif

2 preseason games against the same team. The games will be based on location.

Clips/Lakers

etc.

So the Lakers play the Clips in the Staples Center in LA (Lakers floor).... then again in the Staples Center in LA (Clips floor)??
laugh.gif

Matt Barnes says he's talked to both Dwight and Baron (former teammates of his) and says they both want to play for the Lakers.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Did you catch the crossover and the fancy drop off pass that followed it?  Dude was putting on a show for a few minutes.
pimp.gif

YES! It was hilariously awesome
laugh.gif
I hope the guy makes it back on to an NBA roster. I mean he has to. I think there's no doubt the talent is there...
Originally Posted by NikeAir45

Clips/Lakers

etc.
So the Lakers play the Clips in the Staples Center in LA (Lakers floor).... then again in the Staples Center in LA (Clips floor)??
laugh.gif

Yeah basically
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

YES! It was hilariously awesome
laugh.gif
I hope the guy makes it back on to an NBA roster. I mean he has to. I think there's no doubt the talent is there... 

You see this guy on Sioux Falls too... Charles Garcia I think his name is?  This guy looks like he oozes potential.  Through 2 games this season he's putting up 28 a game, and he's got 20-something in this one.  He can't make a freethrow and generally looks raw as hell, but man, he's tall, athletic, and appears to be very versatile.  I'm going to keep my eye on this guy.

If I was a coach, any player who did the Shammgod in-game will always have a place on my team.

Yet another reason why I should be an NBA coach.

rck2sactown:
Denver, Utah, Portland, and Memphis out there like "Hey, who we play?"
laugh.gif

I believe its Portland/Utah, Memphis/NO and not really sure bout Denver
laugh.gif

Memphis should only be allowed to use 4 players at a time if they're playing NO.
laugh.gif

Sorry, Hornets fans. I think your squad is going to be very… underwhelming this season.

According to sources, Nene, Chandler and Gasol all set their early asking prices in the neighborhood of maximum-contract territory, starting at $14.8 million for Gasol, $17.7 annually for Nene, and $20.7 million for Chandler. There is plenty of crossover in their respective lists of salary-cap-friendly suitors, with the Nets, Rockets and Warriors appearing to be the hungriest shoppers, and the Pacers and Trail Blazers strolling the big man aisles as well.
Link

laugh.gif
@ 20 mil for Chandler.

Not even taking into consideration of where he goes...

Do you think CP3 gets traded or the Hornets make him wait it out?

If he does gets traded, when? It's clear he won't be in New Orleans after this year.

Do you think he really gets traded in the middle of the season? I don't. That's so much to handle for a team in the middle of a hectic season playing so many games.

And another thing a lot of people I think are forgetting, it takes 6 months for a traded-player to be up for an extension.. So even if CP3 were traded December 9th, he couldn't sign an extension until next off-season.
nerd.gif

This whole week I've been pissed because I've been hearing Tyson might not come back because Cuban was cheap.

But for 20 million a season, God bless him and good luck in future endeavors.

I think Chris Paul has to be traded this week.

New Orleans barely competed last year according to Shaq and they're gonna lose him and West. Better to have their Cleveland '10 season, get a high pick and start rebuilding now, than having half a lame duck lottery killing season with meaningless wins or trying to trade for a team just good enough to miss the playoffs every year, so that they'll never have solid picks and always just miss the guys who can change your team.

Better to get young people on cheap contracts like Fields, Shumpert and Douglas (yea I'm biased), than get overpaid MLE type guys to be stuck in the middle. And like it or not, picks from the Knicks are gonna be mid-late 1st rounders from now on. Not that they can't help, but it's being overblown that we can't give them picks (when we just buy them from cheap teams whenever we want them).

To your benefit, I completely forgot about Fields, and he's just about as valuable as Bledsoe I'd say, probably even more so. It's just a matter of what New Orleans wants more I guess. New York might have the better prospects, while teams like LAC may have better draft picks to give up. I agree they have to blow it up and at least get something in return. You know he's bailing after this year, get something more than Cleveland and Toronto got for letting Bosh and LeBron go. Even if it is just unloading one bad contract, getting one or two prospects, or getting a good draft pick, it's better than letting go of him for nothing.

This whole week I've been pissed because I've been hearing Tyson might not come back because Cuban was cheap.

But for 20 million a season, God bless him and good luck in future endeavors.

Jesus Christ, amen to that..

I love Tyson Chandler probably as much and more than any Mavericks fan out there, but we cannot pay that man 20 million a year, and any team to do so would be outright foolish. No one will. 17 and 20 million both are absurd for Nene and Tyson, who BOTH have had very severe injuries in the past. 15 million for Gasol actually seems about right, and he'd be the FA I'd pay most right now if I were a Houston/Indiana/Golden State/New Jersey.

Tyson is actually worth probably 8-10 million, and I can see Cuban going as far as 12-13 million to sign him, but if Tyson wants to wait for 20 million dollar max contracts? Keep waiting buddy, Cubes will be waiting for you with his checkbook to give you a hefty contract, but 20 million a year is not happening for him.

Before last year, Tyson was cannon fodder basically. He was the laughing stock for a while because that's all we got after using Damiper's valuable trade asset. We lucked out, he was as good as he ever was, just like he was fresh in New Orleans. But he's no better than Dwight, Andrew Bogut, or even Andrew Bynum and Marc Gasol.

He's about as good as Nene, but have different emphasis on their games.

Both I can see getting anywhere from 12-14 million dollar contracts, but anything more is absurd. We all know Centers are hugely overpaid, but Jesus...

I knew Tyson was asking for too much in order for him to say that he's not confident about coming back, but at the rate he's going, he's not going to be satisfied with any offer apparently.
laugh.gif

I think Tyson will sit down, look at all the offers he has, look at the situations he wants to be in, and hopefully settle back down in Dallas for a little bit of a discount, maybe a million or two off his max offer from someone like New Jersey or Houston.

After all Tyson, you were the one that said you didn't want to win not one, not two, not three championships in Dallas at the parade..
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom