☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by toine2983

eek.gif
 @  the resurrection of corpse of Mike Miller.
Corpse of Mike Miller
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

Originally Posted by CP1708

No @$%^&* @#$% Einstein.  I didn't know that.  

Good thing we have you,   Kobe shoots too much.  Wow, aren't you brilliant. 
laugh.gif
  Hey, while we're here, Wade plays for the Heat, Ray Allen is in Boston, and the Hornets play in New Orleans. 

Sweet, you just came in here and said the same things Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller were saying.  You gonna quote Shaq next? 

You came in with some dumb @#$% article and started poppin off, "this guy reads my posts"  You soundin like a Spur fan right now.  And stating that they can't do this or that in the playoffs is stupid.  Do you think he won't adjust his part of the game once that part of the season gets here?  Think he's goin for 40 every night all year?  So why go on and on about a 4 game stretch?

And to answer your question, I already said I was wrong about Rubio, I have been very impressed by that kid.  Not that you were asking an honest question, I'm just a nice guy and answered it anyways. 
laugh.gif

Keep it up though, I'm learnin a ton. 
The guy is a joke. He has yet to "disprove" anything I wrote. He told me to respond and I did and I'm waiting for his masterful words to disprove everything I wrote on the previous page. He obviously hasn't been watching the games and if he has, he probably has caught a glimpse of the game. So I'm waiting for this guy to disprove what I said. 
As a Laker fan Kobe does piss me off a lot of times. He takes ridiculous shots at times, but I give him the benefit of the doubt. And right now I have no problem with taking those shots, especially since the team isn't on the same page because of the new coach, different roles, etc. 
Yes, I didn't disprove anything you wrote because you didn't address the only real point I was making: high usage rate by one player is a sure indicator of problems. I have evidence, also known as the entire existence of the NBA. I never said the Lakers were playing great aside or in spite of Kobe. Show me this. The only reason I even commented on Kobe's scoring is another poster comment that LeBron didn't take 30 shots to get to 40. I said unlike Kobe. I'm talking about the number of shots. 
If Kobe Bryant was averaging a triple-double after 14 games, would people comment on this? No!? You surely aren't that foolish. Then why cannot I not comment on his 40.0 usage rate, substantially higher than the all-time record, after 14 games? 

This 40+ streak by Kobe, instead of a time to fawn over a "rejuvenation", is actually the clearest sign of the current flaws of the team, which you and CP so eloquently point out. Well maybe not eloquently. Rather than cheer on a meaningless streak, I point towards how many shots (on average 30) he has had to take to get his 40, which is even more ridiculous considering how slow the Lakers play (bottom third of the league in pace). I talk about Kobe's past because even when Kobe was the best player in the league by far, and that peak was something ridiculous, super high usage rate did not get him past round 1. Now obviously the talent between that Lakers team and this one is immense. Thus, it is even MORE interesting to look at Kobe's usage rate. He has A LOT more to work with but he currently has to use more possessions than any other player BY FAR. Is it all his fault? No. But when did I say it was? Yes, some of his shots are ill-advised. You said it as well. Some are forced upon him due to his role on the team as alpha dog. But those shots are still shots and that usage rate is still his usage rate. These abnormalities are indicative of something.

Kobe's streak and usage rate has best illuminated the Lakers problems. The offense is not playing well. That should be the real takeaway. Not a 33 year old scoring 40 points 4 times in a row. Kobe can score? Obviously. He's the best offensive player of his generation. But he's not LeBron in the playmaking sense just like LeBron doesn't have Kobe's offensive repertoire. Maybe Mike Brown's offense works better with a dominant player that is a LeBron-like playmaker instead of a Kobe-like scorer. This could be a point to discuss. 

But no, I can't talk about this. It's very obvious. I have a personal vendetta against Kobe, someone I rarely even post about. Show me the last time I even posted about Kobe before this tit-for-tat. I honestly can't remember. 

Again I ask, why don't we lock this thread? It's ~14 games into a compressed season. Surely absolutely anything someone says will be obvious, obtuse, or asinine. It's only been ~14 games after all.

edit: Oh and the Simmons point. My bad. I misread. I don't think I've seen the words "Simmons" and "article" separated within a sentence for some time now.

Oh Bijald, Bijald. Your only point was this whole usage rate nonsense? Really now? So you acknowledge the teams deficiencies and see why he's taking all these shots, yet still criticize him for doing it? What are you saying? You acknowledge everything I said about the bigs not being in position, Pau not playing for his reasons, the new offense etc, etc and yet you still want to criticize the guy for scoring points to win? No one said scoring 40 is going to be good for Kobe and the Lakers in the long wrong. It was just something to appreciate. And most people understood why he was doing this. Yet you never talked about the issues of the Lakers and why he is taking a higher percentage of shots. Instead you just focused on the number of shots he's taking. A perfect example of watching the game through the box score. 
And you don't have a vendetta against him? A lot of people don't like him. It's just recently that people have warmed up to the guy. It was either hate him or love him not that long ago. 

Here are some of your comments lately by the way just to show you everything you wrote in your latest post about you trying to discuss the problems of the Lakers is total bs and you just wanted to hate on the dude. And also you haven't even answered what I asked you. Why do you constantly bring up those seasons 05-07 when you yourself know that the team was incapable of doing anything and Kobe had to shoot a lot. So why do you keep putting the whole issue of hey look Kobe totally won when he was scoring 35, when it adds nothing. Instead you tried to make it legitimate in your latest post by comparing his usage rating to that season to the current season. You never stated that before, instead you talked about how he couldn't get past the first round. Just stop trying to legitimize your dislike for him. You don't like him, so what? 

Damn and I was just coming in to here to criticize Kobe too. Keep doing your thing #8. We all know where averaging 30 shots has gotten Kobe (looks at 04-07 Lakers). I hope Kobe continues this streak to May. He can do it!

Yea he was the best player in the league by far and he couldn't get past the first round. So sad. But hey, he averaged 35! 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I hate the Lakers and their fanbase. Again, if Kobe continues this high usage rate,  the Lakers will lose long-term. That's a good thing to me. That's why I want for it to continue to happen. Yes, I dislike the Lakers and their fan base. I can readily admit that. Kobe having to revert back to the very high usage player he once was is a great thing to me. That means the Lakers won't go far in the playoffs.

And yes, I always take a special joy that the most spoiled fan base in NBA history had the best player in the league by far and couldn't get past the first round. 
edit: So I tried to figure out what thread from a year ago that made you dislike me. I forget this is the guy that asked simple questions about academics mere weeks before he was going to start school. As if he just picked the school out a hat. What was I supposed to think? 

"Uh yeah... are this school's academics good?!?! I am about to go there in a bit!! Can somebody help me?! I waited until August to think about this."

And I apologized in that same thread for doubting you, even though many others posters harbored the same thoughts. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

can someone unsticky this?
this, stickies are where threads go to die.
laugh.gif

just unsticky it and let it live on its own accord

Nice win for the HEAT!!! Lebron and Bosh leading the way and Mike Miller having one hell of comeback at the three point line(6/6).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow this thread finally got stickied huh?
laugh.gif

Oh so this is what happened... I was perplexed getting pised I had to go navigate through my previous post to find it
laugh.gif
atleast u werent dumb like me going several pages back looking for the thread 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by lastchance21

Anyone have clips of Jamaal Tinsley playing for the Jazz? he made that sick fake
pimp.gif

Yeah hold up let me upload my very own mix tapes of the great Jamaal Tinsley. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I hate the Lakers and their fanbase. Again, if Kobe continues this high usage rate,  the Lakers will lose long-term. That's a good thing to me. That's why I want for it to continue to happen. Yes, I dislike the Lakers and their fan base. I can readily admit that. Kobe having to revert back to the very high usage player he once was is a great thing to me. That means the Lakers won't go far in the playoffs.

And yes, I always take a special joy that the most spoiled fan base in NBA history had the best player in the league by far and couldn't get past the first round. 
edit: So I tried to figure out what thread from a year ago that made you dislike me. I forget this is the guy that asked simple questions about academics mere weeks before he was going to start school. As if he just picked the school out a hat. What was I supposed to think? 

"Uh yeah... are this school's academics good?!?! I am about to go there in a bit!! Can somebody help me?! I waited until August to think about this."

And I apologized in that same thread for doubting you, even though many others posters harbored the same thoughts. 
Na bro I didn't hate you for that, no worries, I just found it funny the word you used in this thread was disprove and how you tried doing that to one of the few threads I made earlier. And that's not what I said in that thread, it was just a general question to see if anyone else went to that university as well, but no worries, I didn't take offense. I did however, get upset at the bashing of my squad's leader without anyone backup to the claims. I posted a few lines from you that were obviously just hate, but when you finally explained how the LAKERS as a whole aren't playing in sync I agreed with you, so truce 
happy.gif
. I don't hate anyone on a forum, so don't think that. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Vinny Del Negro bench all the starters for the 4th quarter. What kinda coachin' is that?!
If you're down 20 going into the 4th in the middle of a back-to-back-to-back (and in a stretch of 5 games in 7 days), you call it a night. It's not worth pushing the starters, especially considering how thin the Clips are.

Back
Top Bottom