☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

No hyperbole, but Marcus Camby is amazing. The shots he alters/blocks, rebounds he tips out, etc. Makes you wonder what he could have done had he had a healthy career.

Camby w/ 19 boards in the 3rd 
sick.gif

anyone have that pic of jordan sitting down and in the background are all the players who were denied a title

Originally Posted by PMatic

No hyperbole, but Marcus Camby is amazing. The shots he alters/blocks, rebounds he tips out, etc. Makes you wonder what he could have done had he had a healthy career.
Praise the lord the Zombies didn't pick him up when they definitely should have. Same can be said for the Tyson Chandler trade that fell through.

roll.gif
 when Marc tried to take it to the rim over Wallace.
I can't even be mad. The way they had to fight back last night, it was expected for their legs to give out sooner or later. Thursday night will be a different story.

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Who all is on Hollinger's All-Disappointment Team?
Amare
Blatche
Wes Johnson
Lamar Odom
DeRozan
Toney Douglas
Jameer Nelson
S-Jax
Scola
Devin Harris
J-Kidd
John Salmons

Honorable mentions: Tyrus Thomas, Tayshaun, Raymond Felton, Granger, Nene, Grant Hill, Mehmet Okur, Kendrick Perkins, Metta, J.J. Hickson, Big Baby and D-Will.

Why would he be disappointed in Toney Douglas? It's Toney Douglas.

Must just look at stats from last year and look at them for this one.

Shocked Dirk's not mentioned on there, and shocked that Kidd is. What do you expect from a 70 year old corpse.
laugh.gif

I'm still not believing Baron Davis will help alleviate any of the pressure on NY to get better in the back-court...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Shocked Dirk's not mentioned on there

I was reading some dude from SI's "all disappointing" list a few days ago and he didn't have Dirk either.  Don't get how Dirk doesn't make everyone's list.  He'd be at the top of mine.

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Was going to say the same exact thing except insert Tyrus Thomas instead of Toney Douglas (I know Tyrus is only honorable mention, but still).
It's Hollinger. He only cares about random stats. Half his list is dudes nobody cares about.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Was going to say the same exact thing except insert Tyrus Thomas instead of Toney Douglas (I know Tyrus is only honorable mention, but still).
It's Hollinger. He only cares about random stats. Half his list is dudes nobody cares about.

Yeah I don't pay attention to him at all, but Tyrus Thomas just made me laugh.  In order to disappoint there has to be expectations, and who would be stupid enough to expect anything from Tyrus Thomas at this point?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Yeah I don't pay attention to him at all, but Tyrus Thomas just made me laugh.  In order to disappoint there has to be expectations, and who would be stupid enough to expect anything from Tyrus Thomas at this point?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
The other problem is that Hollinger felt the need to put a whole 12-man roster together of disappointments. Just give a starting 5 and be done with it. Nobody cares about random dudes that had no expectations. And then he went and had honorable mentions. This isn't baseball, we don't need over-analysis of every single position. That's why I prefer the 5-on-5 debates on ESPN. They get to the point, and stats aren't the end-all, be-all.

Originally Posted by PMatic

co-sign. what he does now as basically a 40 year old in a beat to $!+! body is mind bottling 

Back
Top Bottom