☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

If it was just his knee, he would have been listed as day-to-day w. a minor knee injury. There would have been NO mention of getting his conditioning up, which there was. Big difference.

We had a breeze of a schedule where our team was confident we wouldn't lose more than two games.

Dirk doesn't question his conditioning, and the reason they shut him down was because the training staff thought it would be beneficial for him to work on his knee. He did, and it'll still take some game-time for him to get that right, but he's back now.

Besides, who cares if you take "breaks," in a 66-game schedule? What's the key for this year? Being fresh at the Playoffs. That's what the Mavericks want Dirk to be, ready for the Playoffs. If we were in the Playoffs right now, would Dirk have played? Would Wade have missed nine games?

Again, what's the big deal?

http://espn.go.com/dallas...riday-dirk-nowitzki-hold

Nowitzki said he focused heavily on weightlifting and running, and on the court focused on bending his knees and getting his legs back under his shot.

"I feel better. I think it was definitely a good week for me to work on some stuff that I wasn't able to work on when I had some trouble with my knee," Nowitzki said. "We were always shooting for Sunday, so we'll just take it day by day and see how these next two days of training go and keep pushing myself, twice a day. But that's where my head is, hopefully Sunday, and we'll go from there."

If we were talking about Dirk's drive? Absolutely question that. Go ahead. He hasn't been as motivated this year, he's had a pretty poor attitude on the court, and he hasn't worked as hard as he did in the past. Why? Because he got over that hump that he worked so hard to get over. His knee was always an issue. He was completely banged up last year in the Playoffs, from the flu to the finger to the knee, he wasn't.

"His knee hurts because he didn't have the time to prepare," Cuban said. "When you don't have the time to prepare, you're not conditioned to play the way you're accustomed to.

"So it's not like he was a fat slob. It's like anything else. The older you get, the more prepared you have [to be], particularly when you're Dirk, when you have a very definitive process you go through every summer. When you can't do that, you're not going to be in position to play your best basketball."

I think that's as good as you can summarize it.

I don't get what the issue here is man. Wade can sit out nine games and since no one mentioned his conditioning, he gets a pass? When you're injured, of course your conditioning isn't going to be perfect, because you're dealing with an injury!
laugh.gif

Like I said, he was never gasping for air during his time on the court. He was averaging fewer minutes per game due to some blowouts, and because Carlisle wanted to try and get Lamar going.

But when his knee wasn't right, they wanted to rest him to get his knee right. Watch the games where he struggled, his movement was terrible.

Called it.
laugh.gif
The blood on JA's fingers is on your hands DoubleJ's, you made him type all that *@@% out.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Called it.
laugh.gif
The blood on JA's fingers is on your hands DoubleJ's, you made him type all that *@@% out.
roll.gif
Still waiting to see from anyone what's so wrong with Dirk taking time off to deal with his knee, and what some question to be his conditioning.

Did you not notice how bad he hurt his knee last year? Did you see how his lift was then? Same thing. Did you notice how inefficient he was when he was trying to turn on players this year? Pretty bad.

And then miss 4 games because of knee "issues," a few weeks later....you really think folks are going to give him the benefit of the doubt...especially since it was said NUMEROUS times he was on a conditioning stint?

His knee wasn't right. What in the world is so hard to understand about that? He's going to look hobbled if his knee isn't right. I don't see what's so hard to see.

Did he himself say he needed to get some work done with his conditioning? No.
Do you think he would admit it if he wasn't in shape? Yes.

Please, instead of saying that he was taking a break to work on his conditioning and ignoring the root of the issue (his knee), tell me, once again, who cares if he takes a week off?

It's the same to me as Coach Pop resting Duncan on a given night because of back-to-backs. We want our guys ready for the playoff. Dirk is nurturing an injury, why risk playing through it when he could get his knee right while playing sub-par teams?

Also, please tell me why it's even worth bringing up. Who cares. He's sitting out, and still working on his game. He's not lazily lounging on his *%%. Who cares?

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Can anyone tell me where TIAGO ranks among centers in the league?
Putting in work vs Gasoft
Just want a honest responds. Thanks.
Right between Bynum and Dwight.

The Grizzlies need to get rid of Hollins and Rudy.

- This guy has the perfect opportunity to make a name for himself with Zach out, and he plays like he doesnt even care
laugh.gif

- This guy Hollins has a team full of young dudes and athletes but wants to play like the Spurs every game
indifferent.gif

Resting a guy on back-to-backs ISN'T the same as missing 4 games due to conditioning my man. I'm sorry, but I don't know how you can even make that parallel.

"It's just getting back in the groove," Nowitzki said. "We didn't have the training camp that we wanted to. After the Euros [the Olympic qualifying tournament last summer] I was just sick of basketball, but I probably took too long of a time off, so it's going to take me a while to get back into it.

Take the blue/silver colored glasses off for a second.

Originally Posted by henz0

The Grizzlies need to get rid of Hollins and Rudy.

- This guy has the perfect opportunity to make a name for himself with Zach out, and he plays like he doesnt even care
laugh.gif

- This guy Hollins has a team full of young dudes and athletes but wants to play like the Spurs every game
indifferent.gif
Its not Rudy's fault that no plays are being ran thru him. We still run the offense thru the post and our offense hasn't changed one bit with Zach out. Speights is damn near getting more touches than Rudy. People always complaining about Rudy not scoring 25+ a night, but he barely gets a play ran for him. You can't expect him to score alot of points when the Grizz only give him the ball with 8 seconds left on the shot clock.
Grizz will more than likely make a come back, but this @!!! is stupid.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Resting a guy on back-to-backs ISN'T the same as missing 4 games due to conditioning my man. I'm sorry, but I don't know how you can even make that parallel.
"It's just getting back in the groove," Nowitzki said. "We didn't have the training camp that we wanted to. After the Euros [the Olympic qualifying tournament last summer] I was just sick of basketball, but I probably took too long of a time off, so it's going to take me a while to get back into it.
Take the blue/silver colored glasses off for a second.
It's his knee. I'm done. I'm convinced you're not willing to see that the root of his problems lies in his knee, it's what's holding him back. And you can't even tell me what the big deal about it is, so I'll just move on with it.

I watch enough games to realize what's wrong with a player that I've watched for over ten years.

Got this from another forum.
smilol.gif
Anyone listening to the MEM call on LP? They just said "This isn't a good team we are playing. MEM has to come out strong and if we play well, it should be a 15-20 point win. They are really bad on the road, 2-8. Respect them because they are an NBA team, but this isn't the Spurs you know. Don't show them too much respect because they aren't who you think they are"

That is what teams think of the Spurs now???
embarassed.gif
Well damn.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

JaVale. 
pimp.gif
Some folks on the Wizards boards are calling BS on Blatche's "injury."  I'd have to agree.  He got in a staredown w. Randy Wittman against the Bobcats and hasn't seen the floor since.  I don't know if I should even say this, but someone even suggested the 3-5 week hiatus will be a conditioning stint. 

I don't care either way....he's away from the team and off the floor, which is great.  He has no trade value, but him being out this long puts the team ever so close to using that Amnesty clause on his %$! this summer. 

*Oh yea....Joakim Noah put "guns" in a holster after hitting a jumper earlier in the game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom