♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rather rock that^, than what the OP posted what people are wearing now

my point is tho, that was a reach and a half... hardly anyone in rap is wearing stuff as wild as rocky and ye and them...

those are extreme examples of today's fashion in rap. ye and rocky are obviously the biggest risk takers in rap fashion these days.

put some normal pants on that third dude and there's nothing wrong with that fit at all...

A v neck under some type of tuxedo lookin' jacket? :x I'm good on that. :smh: All of these dudes dress crazy like that these days. I agree that the OD baggy stuff ran its course, but you can still dress fresh without looking like a clown. I know Wale gets a lot of shade thrown his way around here, but dude stays fresh without looking ridiculous or rockin' nuthuggers. Basically, a tee or collared shirt is cool, some jeans are cool, but some leather sweatpants and tights, or weird lookin' european sleeveless sweatshirts with hoods and all that nonsense, real 80s babies ain't gonna' go for all that. :smh:

Last edited:
nah yo, if you're a decent looking guy and you throw a blazer over a deep v-neck... go hit up the club, watch how much more attention you get from females (at least the kind of females i mess with)...

i really think back in the day, dudes dressed more to impress other dudes... now dudes are dressing with more sex appeal, and women are def feeling it a helluva lot more than the goon look... ask 'em (at least the females i mess with, like i said)...

of course there is such a thing as taking it too far tho, there's a difference between sex appeal and dressing way too feminine...

Last edited:
and like clock work the quarterly proto j fashion critique and accompanying wall of text has arrived. the only thing missing this time was him fathering something. i wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
The long tee OD baggy jeans phase was the jumping of the shark of the baggy trend, just like the OD nuthuggers are the extreme jumping of the shark version of the slimmer phase.

I don't think any of the 70s/80s babies are longing for the days of Cash Money white tees - they feel the golden era of hip hop fashion ran concurrent, which was mainly '88 - '96. Those designs and signature pieces from the brands of that day still drive a ton of "urban" fashion today.

I agree with J. I understand why Wale has his detractors, but overall, I think he usually dresses better than most of the dudes in this thread. And, he actually has a deep love and knowledge of kicks.

Last edited:
A deep v neck is something that JChambers will never do. It's all good though. People can wear what they want. Everyone just has to understand, the jeans and tees, kicks, fitteds etc look came from the streets, the leather pants and fishnet shirts and lime green thongs look came from effeminate, gay european stylists.

LL

lmao damn that's OD baggy

I remember thinkin that baggy look was fly in middle school and half of high school smh

When's the last time you were in Europe tho? That look is popping over there. Most of the cats on IG pushing that look live there. And high end brands like Rick Owens are pushing it.

Dude go to a beach in Ibiza or wherever. There are guys literally walking around in G-strings! So cut that BS. Many of them dress suspect. You can't deny this. 

Cut that BS? I spent 3-5 months of the year with family in Spain, Portugal, England, and France since birth until my junior year in college, and I still visit for a few weeks every year. No BS coming from me, and this is from a person who doesn't even enjoy his time in London and Paris anyway.

Dudes in Miami don't wear the same @#$% at the beach? OK. And there's a lot of Americans in Ibiza all the time, so how do you know those dudes weren't from here anyway?

What most young European men dress like (minus the fitted, thats mostly a German/parts of London thing)

Like I said some of you will never change this mentality of Europeans being soft and feminine, so it's a lost cause trying to explain it. It's not just towards clothing, but towards our cultures/customs as well. According to some of you, European men walk around in g strings, skirts, and leather leggings, based on some kids you see on Instagram. Seems right

Last edited:
well, i also base it on the fact that there's so many stores on IG selling stuff like that, and they're all based over there.

obviously the majority of people aren't dressing like that tho, anywhere.

anyways, this is one of my fav pix of all time, it's framed above my turntables. the heat is just his "swag", but really, the mixer, that he custom made, and changed the game forever.

tumblr_m7bfd9vhdz1qkcxm4o1_1280.jpg

the mighty king tubby! :pimp:

king_roots2.jpg

king-dub.jpg

The long tee OD baggy jeans phase was the jumping of the shark of the baggy trend, just like the OD nuthuggers are the extreme jumping of the shark version of the slimmer phase.

I don't think any of the 70s/80s babies are longing for the days of Cash Money white tees - they feel the golden era of hip hop fashion ran concurrent with the golden age of hip hop music, which was mainly '88 - '96. Those designs are signature pieces from the brands of that day still drive a ton of "urban" fashion today.

I agree with J. I understand why Wale has his detractors, but overall, I think he usually dresses better than most of the dudes in this thread. And, he actually has a deep love and knowledge of kicks.
exactly.

my favorite time in rap fashion was late 80's early to mid 90's, after say 1998 it was basically recycled ideas

re-interpreted in different size runs.

for example...

120411-nwa.png

this look once it became established it just became re-interpreted thru da different sizes from da 80's

as shown there..

wu-tang%20new%20album_jpg_630x400_q85.jpg

in da 90's to..

Rocky1.jpg

currently now.

now rappers are being influenced by their fashion... well, ye and rocky are, and they're bringing it here, and rappers, like the sheep that they are (for the most part), and following suit.

leather pants was a US HIP HOP thing b4 it was a UK thing. remember that. Run DMC did that first!!!

fishnet shirts (who wears that?), and lime green thongs (
laugh.gif
stop playin'!) might be suspect, i'll give ya that... but a deep V just means you're comfortable in your body and sexuality as a straight man, and women LOVE it... hell, even springsteen used to wear that...
umm...

MCA_BEASTIE_BOYS_RIP1-e1336155039334.jpg

MCA's first 1/2 of his career was him dressing like that...

rappers have their OWN look, da problem that some of us have is when you shake up what makes a rapper

"a rapper" it feels like you're diluting its look to da core.

I don't think any of the 70s/80s babies are longing for the days of Cash Money white tees - they feel the golden era of hip hop fashion ran concurrent, which was mainly '88 - '96. Those designs and signature pieces from the brands of that day still drive a ton of "urban" fashion today.

BIP, bring out that pic you used to have of Nasir in your avy. I'll go out on a limb here and say that hip hop 'sizing' was just about right then. As you stated the OD baggy, pants to the knees look was too much.

When's the last time you were in Europe tho? That look is popping over there. Most of the cats on IG pushing that look live there. And high end brands like Rick Owens are pushing it.

euros still rocking wu-wear jeans in 2013, its the garment renaissance.

http://www.wu-wear-europe.de/
da cats here that praise euro trends and are snobbish to home grown american styles under estimate how much

influence da baggy 90's era projected to da rest of da world.

i just went to da site, man..alot of those hoodies are DOPE as ****, i'd cop but da conversion rate makes em wild expensive.

Ol school envy 8)

I remember it was banned at my school to wear pants like that cuz people thought it meant you had it or were in a gang lol.

So have YOU actually been there recently? Or are you just going by what you see on Instagram.

Serious question. No shots.

Last edited:
I was born in the US but have direct European heritage, so yea, I take some offense when some of you try to hint that Europeans are generally sissy and feminine. No one in Europe walks around in dresses, skinny jeans, and leather tights looking like A$AP and Kanye. Then again if a fitting t shirt+jeans+sneakers, aka how men in every single country on earth dress except some Americans stuck in 2003, is feminine to you, there's nothing I can really say. Sorry we don't like looking like we're from the "Streets" (as if that's something to be proud of).

Actually, there's a good number of Germans who are still dressing in G-Unit clothes, tall tees, all over print Yankee fitteds, and Girbauds in 2013. I have no idea where they're getting that @#$% from :lol:

It wasn't meant like that. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about Europeans. I clearly stated that tees, jeans and sneakers are not feminine, it's all this extra stuff they throw out there. The fact is that most of those high end designers that these rappers are wearing are European designers, are they not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom