♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the dopeboys wore pumas and cortez's when I was growing up. We called the Cortez "bullet toes" though...

I was so salty when my mom got me cortez' in the 6th grade.

Still feel that anger in my heart even thinking about it 
mean.gif

Cortez definitely were for broke boys, but pretty much every inexpensive shoe was growing up. I was probably about 11 when I got my pair of jewels, moms was tired of me recking havoc on every white on white af1. Just about every white colored shoe I got from 11-13 was for broke boys :lol:

In SoCal all the gangbangers wore Cortez, Mexican and Blacks. needless to say, my parents would never get me any. They always just looked cool to me.

Copped a pair of mr. Cartoon Cortez, the ones with the maxi can art work on the side instead of the swoosh and all the homies were like, you think you're an esse? Lol, smh.

you got to love an all white pair of cortez with the dotted lines for the check
or all blue w/ white check or even the brazil's that came out a while back

ive always been looking for a pair

i could never wear a pair of cortez. growing up all the mexicans would wear cortez with black dickie pants and the La Raza hoodies lol

Those red "aloha" joints were nice though

Last edited:
an older cousin of mine had a pair of leather nike cortez' made in the usa...

...don't have them but managed to save the box...must be like 73/74 issue...

just thought i'd share since this specific box is super rare & some may have never seen it before
also - i can't remember seeing another pair of leather cortez' for a looong time

Cortez is straight trash aint nothing fly and fresh about some bootsy cortezs. only people rock cortezs in the bay(cali for that fact) is the eses. If you picking up some Cortezs might as well grab some dickies, a flannel and some locs to complete the look.

Last edited:
Cortez's are too, for lack of a better word, bulbous at the tip (pause) for me. If I'm going to with a classic low profile Nike, I'd choose a blazer or a dunk.

Only gang members rock Cortez's around my way. Never saw the appeal nor did i ever wanna rock em.

I aint bout that lif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If you mess wit nikes, you need

At least 1 pair of cortez for da

Collection... Mitch in paid in full

Gave em a good look with da slim

Fitted jeans...i cant cosign da

cholo dickie fits thou :lol:

Yea they may have been the joints in the 80's, but when Air Force I's dropped... they blew up in NYC and DC. Now Cortez are West coast only joints, kinda like how Foams and New Balances WERE on the East Coast...

Yea they may have been the joints in the 80's, but when Air Force I's dropped... they blew up in NYC and DC. Now Cortez are West coast only joints, kinda like how Foams and New Balances WERE on the East Coast...

You 100% right, for da record

Foamposites is still a east coast

Leaning shoe...we get sooo much

More Inventory then anywhere in da

Country...HOH's in JUST harlem for

example had 2000ish metallic reds.

Cortez suffered in da east coast

Once uptowns steam rolled em in da

Hoods. Even pumas & Shell toes

Had more clout then cortez In da

80s...

Status