♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adidas is about to rake it in.

think and say what you will about ye, but he has an eye for shoes and fashion, and could have been a huge money maker for nike in the long term (it's arguable that he already has made them a lot of money, even tho due to the limited nature of his product with them so far, it hasn't been the huge numbers nike normally does, it has SUPER added to the hype machine around nike, and helped make them cooler in the culture, outside of just sports. i mean, the dude has basically single handedly made hip hop culture start wearing slim clothes and leather, his influence is undeniable)...

signing athletes is dope, but he can bring more to the table than athletes (in terms of his reach in culture, and how he can actually design his own product, to appeal to the culure, unlike the athletes who are usually just the face of the product)...

Wipe your mouth.

All of this you're saying about Kanye was done by Pharrell just a few years earlier. Slim clothes, Dunks. Fusing skate culture into hip hop thus scaling down the fit. If you want to give Kanye props for leather pants/joggers, OK. If you're giving him credit for leather in hip hop, Papoose would like to have a word with you....

Then Pharrell went and did his own clothing line, something Kanye is still crying about.

NERD Dunks caused riots (along with the Espo AF2 that released the same day. And I doubt many people even knew who Espo is). While not a sig shoe, they had aligned themselves with musicians/artists before. Eminem. Even Halle Berry had a Nike Rift.

His influence on YOU is undeniable. Clearly.

All this other **** is just so EXTRA :lol:

I'm not denying that Kanye has helped Nike, but he's just another artist to them. One of many musicians, actors artists etc that helped Nike. Fat Joe licked his sneakers over a decade ago and cornballs still do that ****.

They'll find another one and I'm sure they'll be just fine as a company without him. Smart move by Adidas in theory but we still have to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
While I don't deny kanye bringing more attention to Nike's brand, Nike doesn't need him. Kanye made a really dumb move IMO to leave Nike. The whole thing with the yeezy's is the hype came from them being a Nike product, not from just kanye himself. Who doesn't want to wear the same brand of sneakers Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson and Marty McFly wore? Those names are engrained in pop culture. I give kanye 2 years MAX with Adidas before he realizes the tree foil logo isn't the same as the Check and comes back to Nike. Quote me on this please.

While I don't deny kanye bringing more attention to Nike's brand, Nike doesn't need him. Kanye made a really dumb move IMO to leave Nike. The whole thing with the yeezy's is the hype came from them being a Nike product, not from just kanye himself. Who doesn't want to wear the same brand of sneakers Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson and Marty McFly wore? Those names are engrained in pop culture. I give kanye 2 years MAX with Adidas before he realizes the tree foil logo isn't the same as the Check and comes back to Nike. Quote me on this please.
I don't think he cares about the brand to be honest with you.

Nike controlled his artistic ability and freedom and limited him to a certain amount of designs.

There is a lot to this Nike/Yeezy fallout we don't know about, much of which probably lead Yeezy to leave.

Adidas already cut the check. He'll make more money with adidas because they agreed to produce more pairs, they will allow him to design more than just sneakers ,and he'll get royalties on the back end. None of which nike was allowing him to do.

Nike controlled his artistic ability and freedom and limited him to a certain amount of designs.

There is a lot to this Nike/Yeezy fallout we don't know about, much of which probably lead Yeezy to leave.

I don't doubt kanye's artistic abilities, I'm actually really eager to see his designs for Adidas since he's been on his "I'm Walt Disney" soapbox and I'm cheering for him to succeed from a fan perspective...but Nike runs the sneaker world and always will. Kanye might have the designs and the fashion insight that he claims people want but it's the marketing aspect that gonna have him saying "if you can't beat them, join them"

In agreement. We know he is a bit of a control freak, and Nike wasn't giving him what he wanted, so he left. Also, while I don't think he really cares about the money, some of y'all are acting like Adidas has no money to give him.

People are going to by his Adidas model(s). Guaransheed.

If 2 chains adidas move quickly then ye's Yeezi line will do great I'm sure. Ye just wanted everybody to have red Octobers that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom