Status
Not open for further replies.

TROOPS!…….! the yungin are like huh ?

whatever happened to that troop comeback

flamed out i guess

TROOPS!…….! the yungin are like huh ?

whatever happened to that troop comeback

It might still happen.

I don't think there's really a big enough market for it though.

I was approached my somebody in the position to do it and was contemplating buying the brand, and I advised against it because I didn't think there was enough to support it, or really a signature piece to build the relaunch around. ...What are they going to release - the red LL Cool J suit?

Last edited:
It might still happen.

I don't think there's really a big enough market for it though.

I was approached my somebody in the position to do it and was contemplating buying the brand, and I advised against it because I didn't think there was enough to support it, or really a signature piece to build the relaunch around. ...What are they going to release - the red LL Cool J suit?

nah man …. i think they did try to make a come back in the early 2000's … it just didnt work…. it can work all you need nowadays is some sort of collab to relaunch the shoe and have couple of stars take pics … if the brand did relaunch … i wouldn't mind taking a crack at it (lol) ….. but it cant be too flagrant …. similar to BK/ LA gears trying to make a come back in the early 2000 as well … with all these jordans dropping their are a lot of sneaker heads looking to still feel that nostalgic feel with out looking like everyone else ….. for example… saucony , le coq, pony

nah man …. i think they did try to make a come back in the early 2000's … it just didnt work…. it can work all you need nowadays is some sort of collab to relaunch the shoe and have couple of stars take pics … if the brand did relaunch … i wouldn't mind taking a crack at it (lol) ….. but it cant be too flagrant …. similar to BK/ LA gears trying to make a come back in the early 2000 as well … with all these jordans dropping their are a lot of sneaker heads looking to still feel that nostalgic feel with out looking like everyone else ….. for example… saucony , le coq, pony

Yeah, they may have had an unsuccessful comeback before. The brand can be bought now. The guy who asked me has been a part of successfully resurrecting other brands. And, to be clear, he was just asking me because he values my general opinion, I was not a potential investor or anything of that nature.

We didn't talk collabs, we were talking strictly strength of brand. With the right collabs anything is possible.

Yeah, they may have had an unsuccessful comeback before. The brand can be bought now. The guy who asked me has been a part of successfully resurrecting other brands. And, to be clear, he was just asking me because he values my general opinion, I was not a potential investor or anything of that nature.

We didn't talk collabs, we were talking strictly strength of brand. With the right collabs anything is possible.

most definately understood that … i wouldnt mind a pair some of the hi tops pairs the colors back in the day were so gaudy …. but that was the style … yup LL most def put them on the map…... i remember their was an old either slam or source mag with jada rocking them .. with the velour sweats…
i recalled thinking this wil be a complete fail if they try to pull this off …..

yo but these would murder it …

That little fat kid should not b a celebirty I don't see why ppl like him

Don't know who he is. But, I barely know who anybody in this thread is. Being a celebrity hasn't been a requirement to be in this thread since like page 4.

[Insert your own Proto joke here]

Werallequal - I fee you. I just think the demand would have to be manufactured. There was organic demand for a good amount of even the somewhat obscure stuff that retro-ed from second and third tier current brands. Obviously, if dude wants to pump up a promo budget, he'd have a legit shot. But, even Dame Dash failed with Pro Keds, right? ...Maybe he didn't flop money-wise, I dunno (#Flexpaper?) But, perception-wise it wasn't a success. BTW - If anybody has a pair of those Cormega joints, holla!

Back to lurk mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom