♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha man I hope it never comes back. Let it just stay as a magical time in the past
laugh.gif
Retro style never comes back the SAME. They return in a different form but same inspiration.

I remember cutting the sleeves off a polo button up in high school after watching the breakfast club. Instant regret when I tried the joint on.

Tom cruise bm wit da stan smiths

Huaraches :smokin

Ciara wit the rt af1s

Yeezy tought em

Last edited:
That's why I don't like this whole plaid button up craze amongst the celebs. I've mentioned a lot that the grunge '94 nirvana era was a really cool look for fashion and now that these no personality celebs are on the bandwagon it's making it hard for the people who were into that fashion already to stand out. Like we already let them take Air Jordan's from us, now they want our farmer brown shirts too :smh:

i feel you, but i gotta admit, it's kinda cool, and nostalgic, to see it again, cuz i dressed like that when i was a kid, as i was heavily into grunge back in the early 90's, and still consider that era of rock the last good time for rock music. i have pretty much hated almost all rock music since then.

it's also kinda funny to see a look gaining popularity in hip hop fashion that is, in it's original form, attainable, and supposed to be from thrift shopping. it's way more of a "i don't care" look than the often forced flashiness of hip hop fashion over the last 2 decades...

the purpose of the fashion (and music) part of the original grunge movement was about wearing those gritty, edgy, cheap, from the thrift shop styles, over the flashy, cheesy, gaudy look of hair metal, glam rock...

being from that era, i personally won't be dropping hundreds on pieces by brands like fear of god, when i can achieve a more authentic look by legit thrift shopping. for instance, because i like that cut off sleeve plaid look, i went and literally thrift shopped, found a dope vintage stussy plaid shirt, cut the sleeves off, and it looks DOPE AF to me, and different than all the others wearing it...

i have never bought into the high fashion part of all of this anyways, as i can get just as fresh from inexpensive clothes (cuz i don't have all the money in the world, and would rather drop large amounts of bread on shoes, that are timeless to me, than clothes that i may not even like or wear as much in a few years), and pull it off better than the cats dropping crazy dough on designer gear... a lot of cats into sneakers these days act like you HAVE to also drop thousands on designer clothes or your fits ain't fresh, and i couldn't disagree more, and ironically, most of them who think that way, often look like the clothes are wearing them, and look like exact clones of each other, all having the same exact pieces from the same brands...

Ye's gonna have his stans lookin like hobos out here real soon

:lol:

i mean, that was that old grunge look tho (and he's got cats around him, like Jerry Lorenzo, who are pushing that look, and give him free clothes, so it's not just him being a pioneer, he's also being influenced. like, if you peep how Jerry Lorenzo dresses, it's more out there and edgy than Ye)...

for me, that came right after the whole starter jacket, raiders / kings hat, phase, from growing up on old school hip hop...

then after the grunge phase, i started copping more hip hop again (was always still into it, even thru the grunge era, def watched YO! MTV Raps after school everyday, haha), and that whole wu / cuban linx era had me on polo, hilfiger, and nautica, heavy.

i remember that was also poppin' with all the preppy kids at my school, but in a more corny way, lol, and it even was mad heavy in the rave scene (i knew raver cats who were polo sport head to toe, me being one of them, lol)...

i been peeping a lot of vintage polo and hilfiger lately, and even have a few old pieces in the stash (nothing too valuable, i wasn't on them collector pieces back then)... i can see it gaining popularity again soon too (already has been)...

fact is, the same way puff "took hits from the 80's, and made it sound so crazy", now, people are taking 90's style and music and trying to rehash it... it's naturally gonna upset some of us who came from that era...

Last edited:
Fear of gods clothes are 8)

Pricey but its different.
I like em cuz its not about branding.....no logos....no supreme box....no screenprinted images.....none o that. ....

Its more about the shape...cut...fabric...etc.

Reactions: God
Fear of gods clothes are 8)

Pricey but its different.
I like em cuz its not about branding.....no logos....no supreme box....no screenprinted images.....none o that. ....

Its more about the shape...cut...fabric...etc.

Yeah, some of the silhouettes are kinda dope. He's even doing some overly baggy stuff lately too, so that's coming back around (don't see myself going overly baggy ever again tho, a fitted long tee layered is about the most I can dig anymore)...

The nautical lines coming in the next collection were directly inspired by Kurt Cobain. He used to wear a lot of shirts like that. Kinda dope.

I'm not into non-denim biker pants, but besides that and how eternally stupid sleeve-less hoodies look to me, Envy's fit just looks regular to me.

^ It is pretty much regular, he just looks like a d***head rocking those bikers w/ foams IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah, that wasn't the best choice of footwear. None of what he's wearing looks "natural" on him either :lol:

I can't find any of the old hilfiger polo's with the lion crest emblem. That was soooooooooo fresh

I have this nautica jacket that's been breaking necks for the past 2 falls

I can see the nautica coming back.
Those challenge sailing jackets 90s wu tang clan type wit the hoodie under the collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom