♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by imvictor

Those Olives damn, best cw of the 9's imo.

How can doo-doo/black colorway shoes be the best colorway when you have black/red, powder blue/white, white/black/red. So many people make that claim nowadays when nobody used to give a crap about them. It became the popular thing to say only because theyre rare and hard to come by, and semi-valuable. People are attracted to shoes for all the wrong reasons nowadays. I think the attraction comes from  them being the "grail" of the 9's because they make you a "true sneakerhead" to own them, and separate you from the influx of all the teenagers that own all of the other 9 colorways.
I don't care, I like 'em and thats why I said "in my opinion".

Olive 9s 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How can doo-doo/black colorway shoes be the best colorway when you have black/red, powder blue/white, white/black/red. So many people make that claim nowadays when nobody used to give a crap about them. It became the popular thing to say only because theyre rare and hard to come by, and semi-valuable. People are attracted to shoes for all the wrong reasons nowadays. I think the attraction comes from  them being the "grail" of the 9's because they make you a "true sneakerhead" to own them, and separate you from the influx of all the teenagers that own all of the other 9 colorways.

When the Olive's could be found for dirt cheap everyone dyed the Olive black myself included. I wish I would have kept a pair as is because while I agree with a few of your points concerning "grail" status there is an allure to the colorway. Honestly I think it's a great shoe as well, it works with the IX.

I don't care, I like 'em and thats why I said "in my opinion".
exactly, don't know why people get criticized for what they like these days... to each their own, no need to complain. 
wale on top of the shoe game right now. 
pimp.gif

i co-sign nowitzness41, olive 9s are trash always have been and always will be

*edit* i do however like wale's fit though

Nowitzness41 wrote:
I hate to fill up a page with commentary and no pics- but i feel it necessary to state this. Why is it ok for 7-8 guys do say "olives
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
" (theyre opinion), but its not ok for me to say my opinion on them. I didnt criticize him at all, just stated my opinions regarding that shoe. Opinions go both ways, just because mine is against the current trend doesnt make invalid or hateful- there was nothing malicious said, i didnt say he was wrong or call him names- i merely stated my views on those 9's, like 8 or 9 people have now- yet its not ok for me to say it because yall feel differently?
ohwell.gif
See what im saying? Its all love folks

i gotchu man, i understand you don't like them, but getting on people for liking them is a little different, just sayin' man, to each their own.
Tinker wore the Oregon 3's at the AJ 2012 event, not sure if posted...

imagefromurl

pimp.gif

I remember clearly when Olives dropped and sat on store racks for months... How times have changed...drop the retros and guaranteed a 3 day line up....always loved the Olive 9s though.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

olive 9s would sit even if released today IMO...

Doubt it bro, these type of colors are far more popular today than they were when they released....same thing for the Laney 14's...retro those and they'll fly off the shelves...those also sat back in the day.

Originally Posted by teekay

I miss when Rappers dressed like Gangsters, not Mardi Gras

10d5xtl.jpg
Co-Sign.

This is the closest we'll get from that now-a-days imo..
tumblr_lrqrqaotck1qmgop5.jpeg

ASAP-Crew-for-VICE-Magazine3.jpg

&

laugh.gif
 @ Waynes Facial Expression.

celebrity-feet-lil-wayne-fabolous-trey-songz-stevie-j-2.jpeg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I remember clearly when Olives dropped and sat on store racks for months... How times have changed...drop the retros and guaranteed a 3 day line up....always loved the Olive 9s though.

U TRIPPIN BOO.

they will sell out, but i doubt people will be lining up for these.

word to the 10's

people will be lined up only if they slap the limited tag.

but i do remember the olives and laney 5's sitting on the shelves for month.
i also remember my homies clowning on the other homie on how ugly his shoes (olive 9's) were
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

olive 9s would sit even if released today IMO...
Doubt it bro, these type of colors are far more popular today than they were when they released.
Yeah they'll sell out. Just takes a few twitpics of rappers wearing them and it's over.

ksteezy is right, those colors are much more popular today. I remember when Olive 9's, TB 3's, Columbia 11's, Laney 5's were all sitting on shelves for months dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom