♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by rhester

Drake+Taylor+Kitsch+Drake+Visit+Rihanna+London+zUf3REKqfW_l.jpg

Feels like years since this dude has worn something that fits him.
Grown man sagging his pants like a high schooler. They look like they're about to drop with the next step.

I agree that it wouldn't hurt to pull the back of them up a bit, but that sag has always been his style. Wouldn't be shocked if his belt actually held them there.

it ain't that serious... i just think it's funny how some people take shots at those of us who are just super into clothes and shoes and post our fits and stuff around here, follow whatever trends we like, do our thang, going about our biz, but those same cats taking shots at us constantly never post fits, never put themselves out there for critiquing...

i'm not even trying to beef with you, it's your prerogative, but if anyone has constantly got stuff to say, and talks bad about people who freely admit to being influenced, but claims to be original, i'd just like to see it... perhaps i'd learn something...

who cares if people are influenced by kanye? can you really blame them? he's prolly thee biggest fashion icon in hip hop culture. it ain't a big deal, it's ALWAYS happened... at one point in the early 90's mc hammer had mad people rocking hammer pants too.
laugh.gif

i was that cat in highschool who mighta worn a public enemy tee with a kurt cobain flannel over it and some skate shoes one day (cuz i was a skater), but then a polo and some khakis saggin' the next day... and then other days i totally mixed it all up (i had diff influences, plus was friends with the hip hop kids, the grunge rock kids, the preppy kids, the skaters, and a lil' bit of everybody). i've never been afraid to be influenced from a lot of things and admit it (i love and respect music culture and fashion). if i think something looks cool i might mess with it, if not, i don't, doesn't matter how popular it is or isn't (i can tell you, like with this native american pattern thing that's been poppin' over the last year, i prolly won't stop rocking the few things i copped once it's considered "not cool" anymore... cuz i'm part native american and really like it a lot. yes, the recent influx of it inspired me, of course, but when i like something i keep rocking it, even when it goes out... i mean, i got a couple all over print hoodies i still rock, LOL)...

but i feel you, there are things that are timeless, and i mess with that too, i been shopping for basic stuff at jcrew since the 90's, been had polo, LOL, but i'm open to new stuff, and timeless styles, and recycled styles from years ago, whatever...

and i admit, it is corny sometimes how a lot of people act like sheep and clown people one day for wearing something different looking to them, but then once they see their fav rapper or celebrity do it, then all of the sudden they mess with it... we just had that discussion in the WDYWT actually...
laugh.gif
but like i said b4, it's just as corny to me these cats who try so hard to dodge every trend, just to try to be different. it's the same thing really.

sorry for the long rant, just bored at work, slow night cuz of easter or whatever...

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Originally Posted by RJSims

Originally Posted by jst628

straight heat though...
anthony-davis-teeth.jpg

Damn those bottom teeth...
roll.gif
dammnnnn this dudes teeth are worse than the asian kid from "this is angoon"
eek.gif

roll.gif

His bottom teeth looks like they're swimming in his mouth.

BFD, he can easily get them fixed when he gets that NBA money.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

it ain't that serious... i just think it's funny how some people take shots at those of us who are just super into clothes and shoes and post our fits and stuff around here, follow whatever trends we like, do our thang, going about our biz, but those same cats taking shots at us constantly never post fits, never put themselves out there for critiquing...

i'm not even trying to beef with you, it's your prerogative, but if anyone has constantly got stuff to say, and talks bad about people who freely admit to being influenced, but claims to be original, i'd just like to see it... perhaps i'd learn something...

who cares if people are influenced by kanye? can you really blame them? he's prolly thee biggest fashion icon in hip hop culture. it ain't a big deal, it's ALWAYS happened... at one point in the early 90's mc hammer had mad people rocking hammer pants too.
laugh.gif

i was that cat in highschool who mighta worn a public enemy tee with a kurt cobain flannel over it and some skate shoes one day (cuz i was a skater), but then a polo and some khakis saggin' the next day... and then other days i totally mixed it all up (i had diff influences, plus was friends with the hip hop kids, the grunge rock kids, the preppy kids, the skaters, and a lil' bit of everybody). i've never been afraid to be influenced from a lot of things and admit it (i love and respect music culture and fashion). if i think something looks cool i might mess with it, if not, i don't, doesn't matter how popular it is or isn't (i can tell you, like with this native american pattern thing that's been poppin' over the last year, i prolly won't stop rocking the few things i copped once it's considered "not cool" anymore... cuz i'm part native american and really like it a lot. yes, the recent influx of it inspired me, of course, but when i like something i keep rocking it, even when it goes out... i mean, i got a couple all over print hoodies i still rock, LOL)...

but i feel you, there are things that are timeless, and i mess with that too, i been shopping for basic stuff at jcrew since the 90's, been had polo, LOL, but i'm open to new stuff, and timeless styles, and recycled styles from years ago, whatever...

and i admit, it is corny sometimes how a lot of people act like sheep and clown people one day for wearing something different looking to them, but then once they see their fav rapper or celebrity do it, then all of the sudden they mess with it... we just had that discussion in the WDYWT actually...
laugh.gif
but like i said b4, it's just as corny to me these cats who try so hard to dodge every trend, just to try to be different. it's the same thing really.

sorry for the long rant, just bored at work, slow night cuz of easter or whatever...
but you didnt start tying your flannel around your waist  RECENTLY until kanye and others started doing it.......

Does that make you a trend setter or sheep?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

where do you work?

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

where do you work?
He is a DJ. I think he did some mixes for adam lambert(correct me if I'm wrong proto)

Originally Posted by Lubu1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but you didnt start tying your flannel around your waist  RECENTLY until kanye and others started doing it.......

actually, i got pix from early last summer where i did it b4 i saw kanye do it, i can prove it (i could take a screenshot of the dates on the pix from my iphoto and you can compare that date to when we first saw kanye doing it). it was as simple as i wore a chambray shirt over a white v-neck to a club and it got too hot so i tied the chambray around my waist (had no choice really, i wasn't DJing, was just out with my girl) and thought to myself it looked pretty cool when i saw the pix later... a few months later i saw kanye doing it too (but i doubt he did it cuz it got hot one night, lol, he prolly just liked that look, whether he came up with it, or saw some hipsters doing it or something, who knows)...

it's not hard to come up with lil' stuff you think looks cool, and by coincidence someone else did it too (celebrity or not), without ever seeing the other do it (happens all the time actually)... i don't mess with everything kanye does, but i think i have similar tastes in some respects (which is why i dig a lot of his styles, but obviously his being dumb rich enables him to mess with designer stuff i can't fathom), so it's inevitable i will do something similar, whether it's influenced by him or not.

but even if i did directly bite him on it, SO WHAT? i never claimed to not be influenced by others, on the contrary i've been the one saying I AM and so what!?! why can't you see something you think looks cool and rock it? nothing wrong with it at all (every single person around here does it)... everyone is influenced one way or the other, whether they will admit it or not...

adam lambert... LOL! this dude got jokes... i hate that dude... almost as much as i dislike you, mogulson/champon...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well, maybe "posting fits" and being trendy go hand in hand. And maybe being comfortable with yourself and your style and NOT posting pics of yourself go hand in hand. Just sayin'.

I have a job. NT is my one daily getaway and even then, I'm in the music forum the most because it pertains to what I do for a living. I couldn't have a 2nd career posting outfits on NT. I'll post some sneakers in an appropriate thread from time to time. Usually when I'm selling. I used to get clowned by the Air Max Fam for NOT posting pics and saying "trust me" when I typed what I was wearing.

I don't try to dodge trends. They just don't effect me none. I'm doing me. Why would something being popular change who I am, how I dress and how I roll? Why would I need to adapt to something just because it's popular if I'm comfortable with myself? I don't even have a +*%#!%# tattoo.

My whole point was, I never really changed my MO through all of the trends. Think of how ridiculous you'd look over the years if your style changed with every trend?

Can I really "blame" grown men for being influenced by Kanye West? I mean.....if you grown and you're being influenced by a celebrity rapper....I don't even. You're calling him an "icon" as if you're looking up to him. And I just do not have the dude on the same pedestal.

My icons are Russell Simmons, Lyor Cohen. BUSINESS dudes. Stylewise, if I had to pick, David Beckham MAYBE. The sneakers with his name on them look way better than the ones with Kanyes. But I don't even think like that. Does Kanye rock some nice %*$!. Hell yes. Does he also rock some ridiculous %*$!? Hell yes. Does he do anything mindblowing. IMO? Not really. I can't even remember him wearing a proper suit well.

I've always said TI is the best dressed rapper. He keeps it casual better than most. Suits up better than most. And does everything in between better than most.

And I woulda clowned a grown man wearing Hammer pants in the early 90's too for the record. All good on the rant. I'm home with a sinus infection. +%@% else Imma do.

Originally Posted by Lubu1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

actually, i got pix from early last summer where i did it b4 i saw kanye do it, i can prove it (i could take a screenshot of the dates on the pix from my iphoto and you can compare that date to when we first saw kanye doing it). it was as simple as i wore a chambray shirt over a white v-neck to a club and it got too hot so i tied the chambray around my waist (had no choice really, i wasn't DJing, was just out with my girl) and thought to myself it looked pretty cool when i saw the pix later... a few months later i saw kanye doing it too (but i doubt he did it cuz it got hot one night, lol, he prolly just liked that look, whether he came up with it, or saw some hipsters doing it or something, who knows)...

it's not hard to come up with lil' stuff you think looks cool, and by coincidence someone else did it too (celebrity or not), without ever seeing the other do it (happens all the time actually)... i don't mess with everything kanye does, but i think i have similar tastes in some respects (which is why i dig a lot of his styles, but obviously his being dumb rich enables him to mess with designer stuff i can't fathom), so it's inevitable i will do something similar, whether it's influenced by him or not.

but even if i did directly bite him on it, SO WHAT? i never claimed to not be influenced by others, on the contrary i've been the one saying I AM and so what!?! why can't you see something you think looks cool and rock it? nothing wrong with it at all (every single person around here does it)... everyone is influenced one way or the other, whether they will admit it or not...

adam lambert... LOL! this dude got jokes... i hate that dude... almost as much as i dislike you, mogulson/champon...
laugh.gif

I love how people act like grunge kids just faded out. THEY NEVER STOPPED TYING THEIR SHIRTS AROUND THEIR WAIST. Women been doing it forever too. It wasn't until ye and hipsters started doing it that the majority of yall started doing it. Look I dress how I want. Some days I seriously rock yeezys and pajama pants with a linen shirt or dashiki. I create trends. Something that a lot of you cant do or dare to do.  I recall you mentioning you doing more producing and that you worked with Adam. Nothing wrong with it. He making mad doe bro.

I love how I come to NT to escape but I have to scroll through essays. Thanks guys. I am just joking, carry on with your research papers. 

Originally Posted by illphillip

I don't try to dodge trends. They just don't effect me none. I'm doing me. Why would something being popular change who I am, how I dress and how I roll? Why would I need to adapt to something just because it's popular if I'm comfortable with myself?

but see, that's my whole point... why not effect you none? why not if it's something you like? don't do it just cuz it's popular, that's where the lameness lies, that's where cats can legit be called a hypebeast. do it ONLY if you actually like it, whether it's popular or not, if it fits your style.

there seems to be this common misconception around here that all people who follow trends at all are sheep and hypebeasts, but that's just simply not the case (and what's funny is almost all of those finger pointers follow trends themselves, in some way).

i don't get on something just cuz it's popular. perhaps cuz it's popular is how and why i saw it, but if i get up on it it's cuz i genuinely like it (or it grew on me over time, like slim fit jeans for example)... there's NOTHING wrong with that. it's VERY common, in fact i'd argue that even the most "original" dressing cats do it in some form (they're inspired by something)... fresh clothes, shoes, and styles are just another something fun to mess with once you grow up imo (after video games, comics, toys, and other more childhood like activities), just like music, and art, etc...

and it's just a fact that kanye is a style icon. above all celebrites, dude can wear a pair of jordans and all the sudden that particular model and colorway will legit go up in value. i wouldn't say i look up to him, but i respect him for taking chances with styles that he knows will have backlash at first, and i relate to his taste in shoes and clothes (somewhat, not all)... i also respect his infiltrating the fashion world abroad like he has, even with a women's line. his boy virgil recently tweeted "Kanye is a fashion designer. He raps and makes beats sometimes."... i think he's really just getting started, and will unfortunately get the most respect when he's dead and gone, like most others.
illphillip, i know we've flung some insults b4, but props for just having a simple, healthy, mature debate in here, instead of the norm.
pimp.gif

not even gonna address mogulson/champon/lubu1 up there... he's straight trolling, as usual.
laugh.gif

and dammit about the super red asics getting posted in here. 
mad.gif
that's the last thing us asics collectors need, they're getting harder and harder to get ahold of for retail cuz of resellers and beasts...
30t6p3b.gif

the way you talk tho you act like you got some super original, uninfluenced style, so i'd be curious to see you post some fits or whatever (no rainbow)...
Posting "fits" is not my thing. Y'all can have that. My style is not "super original". But it's my style. It serves me well. I get mad love for it regularly. I don't need to come here for that. I don't have time for photo shoots and uploading. I'm "busy getting rich". HA!

I would say it's uninfluenced. Certainly uninfluenced by popular culture and celebrity, but influenced by my unique life experiences. No fatigues or Wissam jackets or Coogi or Iceberg when that was hot in the "urban" world. Never wore BAPE, or Gucci, or Louis. No Supras. No boat shoes. No Red Wings. Timberlands are just fine when it snows, thank you.

It's been damn near the same for 20 or so years. I can go into more detail about it if you like. Some things are timeless. Timeless=trendproof. Dunks, AF1's, Rod Lavers, Shells, Jordans. A nice 2 button suit. A v neck sweater. Jeans. Khakis. These have all stood the test of time and still look great today. J Crew been around since the mid 80's making clean Khakis. Polo. Lacoste. Why do I need "influence"? I'm good as is. I ain't trying to be nobody else. If it ain't broke.....

And what would uploading pics of myself prove? You agreed with me. Clearly I have some idea of what I'm talking about. But if I post myself in a toga and Tevas, would that make my point less credible?

I won't even touch on the Kanye elements you spoke on because I know this thread is the house of Kanye worship. What's crazy is some of y'all grown. C'mon now.
fam hop off.

I don't try to dodge trends. They just don't effect me none. I'm doing me. Why would something being popular change who I am, how I dress and how I roll? Why would I need to adapt to something just because it's popular if I'm comfortable with myself?

but see, that's my whole point... why not effect you none? why not if it's something you like? don't do it just cuz it's popular, that's where the lameness lies, that's where cats can legit be called a hypebeast. do it ONLY if you actually like it, whether it's popular or not, if it fits your style.

there seems to be this common misconception around here that all people who follow trends at all are sheep and hypebeasts, but that's just simply not the case (and what's funny is almost all of those finger pointers follow trends themselves, in some way).

i don't get on something just cuz it's popular. perhaps cuz it's popular is how and why i saw it, but if i get up on it it's cuz i genuinely like it (or it grew on me over time, like slim fit jeans for example)... there's NOTHING wrong with that. it's VERY common, in fact i'd argue that even the most "original" dressing cats do it in some form (they're inspired by something)... fresh clothes, shoes, and styles are just another something fun to mess with once you grow up imo (after video games, comics, toys, and other more childhood like activities), just like music, and art, etc...

and it's just a fact that kanye is a style icon. above all celebrites, dude can wear a pair of jordans and all the sudden that particular model and colorway will legit go up in value. i wouldn't say i look up to him, but i respect him for taking chances with styles that he knows will have backlash at first, and i relate to his taste in shoes and clothes (somewhat, not all)... i also respect his infiltrating the fashion world abroad like he has, even with a women's line. his boy virgil recently tweeted "Kanye is a fashion designer. He raps and makes beats sometimes."... i think he's really just getting started, and will unfortunately get the most respect when he's dead and gone, like most others.
illphillip, i know we've flung some insults b4, but props for just having a simple, healthy, mature debate in here, instead of the norm.
pimp.gif

not even gonna address mogulson/champon/lubu1 up there... he's straight trolling, as usual.
laugh.gif

and dammit about the super red asics getting posted in here. 
mad.gif
that's the last thing us asics collectors need, they're getting harder and harder to get ahold of for retail cuz of resellers and beasts...
30t6p3b.gif
you need a blog man, it would really help this forum out. 

Proto J, don't you have 14 year olds to get in heated, profanity dipped arguments with over at ISS? Anyone ever seen dudes posts over there? A true embarrassment to NT.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Proto J, don't you have 14 year olds to get in heated, profanity dipped arguments with over at ISS? Anyone ever seen dudes posts over there? A true embarrassment to NT.

u ever seen his post over here? a true embarrassment to himself 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom