♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
homie would be a beast if he would have stuck with football instead of basketball actually hoop, dude hasnt hooped since his rookie/sophomore year and he still has the ability to be a top dog, it seems like hes tryin to be cool instead of hoopin

Fixed that for you

homie would be a beast if he would have stuck with football instead of basketball actually hoop, dude hasnt hooped since his rookie/sophomore year and he still has the ability to be a top dog, it seems like hes tryin to be cool instead of hoopin

Fixed that for you
idk, was he really that fast? not to mention NBA money is more definite than NFL money, so unless he was going to turn out like AP (he was an back right) i doubt he wouldve made as much money and still had his body alright

um, its a cool pic, but hes J****, he should be sitting on the roof of barclays, kinda glad i still have my red/black VIs on ice, in all seriousness, i think old heads are too busy tryin to be teenagers, wear whatever you want but jayz is definitely a conformist now

Fam. What are you even saying? :lol:

um, its a cool pic, but hes J****, he should be sitting on the roof of barclays, kinda glad i still have my red/black VIs on ice, in all seriousness, i think old heads are too busy tryin to be teenagers, wear whatever you want but jayz is definitely a conformist now
Fam. What are you even saying?
laugh.gif
homie must've forgot when MTV was following jay-z around brooklyn around da time dynasty was coming out and da first place they went was to a sneaker store

to cop da white and navy jordan VIs

jay-z to a point did have to adapt to da change of fashion (he was still rocking baggy jeans defiantly) but in many ways he's still da same hova.

so these couple of years was definitely a growing pain for rappers that are still around now from da 80s-90's

Jay is a conformist?

He's been SETTING trends for more than a decade. The "Girls, Girls, Girls" video alone turned Mitchell and Ness from a small boutique store in Philly that mainly catered to sports memorabilia collectors into the hottest brand around for a good three years. Remember when people were buying $400 sweaters with depictions of cartoon characters on them - the Iceberg era? Yup, Jay too. You know how most people under the age of like 28 say "button up" and those older say "button down?" Once again, Jay-Z. Bringing back doo-rags? Not all him, but he was a major part of that too.

Teenagers who listen to hip hop have been conforming to what Jay says is cool for a long freaking time. I think some of you got it a little backwards.

Jay is a conformist?

He's been SETTING trends for more than a decade. The "Girls, Girls, Girls" video alone turned Mitchell and Ness from a small boutique store in Philly that mainly catered to sports memorabilia collectors into the hottest brand around for a good three years. Remember when people were buying $400 sweaters with depictions of cartoon characters on them - the Iceberg era? Yup, Jay too. You know how most people under the age of like 28 say "button up" and those older say "button down?" Once again, Jay-Z. Bringing back doo-rags? Not all him, but he was a major part of that too.

Teenagers who listen to hip hop have been conforming to what Jay says is cool for a long freaking time. I think some of you got it a little backwards.
jay-z aint make Mitchell and Ness hot...

Fabolous did.

only thing jay-z made mandatory were white on white air force I's, and even then he really wasn't da one that got it to where it was already at.

id give him credit for KILLING da jersey though all day long.

I'll have to disagree.

Fab was repping M&N hard from jump street, since that Lil Mo video or whatever the hell that joint was.

But, Fab was barely even known at that point. He had a few joints that made waves, but he was just establishing himself as a mainstream artist.

Jay was already a household name. He just has more influence than Fab.

And, of course, neither were the first on the M&N tip, dudes like Big Boi, Cormega, and even Mr Eon had been rocking throwbacks too. But, if a tree falls in the middle of the woods....

I'll have to disagree.

Fab was repping M&N hard from jump street, since that Lil Mo video or whatever the hell that joint was.

But, Fab was barely even known at that point. He had a few joints that made waves, but he was just establishing himself as a mainstream artist.

Jay was already a household name. He just has more influence than Fab.

And, of course, neither were the first on the M&N tip, dudes like Big Boi, Cormega, and even Mr Eon had been rocking throwbacks too. But, if a tree falls in the middle of the woods....

i was bout to say, outkast, big boi specifically, was the one who put M&N in the spot light. for me at least. before they closed, distant replays in atl had the biggest selection of M&N jerseys outside of the M&N store in philly.

Last edited:

Fam. What are you even saying? :lol:

homie must've forgot when MTV was following jay-z around brooklyn around da time dynasty was coming out and da first place they went was to a sneaker store

to cop da white and navy jordan VIs

jay-z to a point did have to adapt to da change of fashion (he was still rocking baggy jeans defiantly) but in many ways he's still da same hova.

so these couple of years was definitely a growing pain for rappers that are still around now from da 80s-90's
NOPE, didnt know anything about that

homie didnt adapt, he conformed, point blank

Jay is a conformist?

you buggin, i think YOU been put on by JayZ, mitchell and ness been hot before j****, the first person i saw wear iceberg was my cousin, and didnt nobody listen to Jayz like that in Detroit, button up/button down explanation, FOR REAL? was he the first to say dopeboy too? doo-rags, that was never hot or acceptable in my circle, even as kids that looked weak

didnt cam clown him for bein like a Harlem *****? how he settin if he been bitin from jump? miss me with this jayz slobfest, the only thing cool about him is his money and Beyonce

From complex. Jay looking at the barclays from his childhood crib
mizcqa.jpg

Does this mean Barclay's is in a bad part of town?

No. Barclay's is in a heavily gentrified part of Brooklyn. Although Atlantic Terminal is a block or two away, none of the knuckleheads that live there are stupid enough to cause a ruckus over there. Before the development of the mall, I'm sure 560 State Street was pretty gutter as the area around it was then so no, Jay-Z is not lying. You have to be a recent transplant of Brooklyn to not know what the area used to be like.

i was bout to say, outkast, big boi specifically, was the one who put M&N in the spot light. for me at least. before they closed, distant replays in atl had the biggest selection of M&N jerseys outside of the M&N store in philly.

Distant Replays was the truth!!

you buggin, i think YOU been put on by JayZ, mitchell and ness been hot before j****, the first person i saw wear iceberg was my cousin, and didnt nobody listen to Jayz like that in Detroit, button up/button down explanation, FOR REAL? was he the first to say dopeboy too? doo-rags, that was never hot or acceptable in my circle, even as kids that looked weak
didnt cam clown him for bein like a Harlem *****? how he settin if he been bitin from jump? miss me with this jayz slobfest, the only thing cool about him is his money and Beyonce

Oh, my bad. Correction, y'all. Jay-Z didn't popularize Iceberg, it was Slickp42189's unnamed cousin from Detroit. I stand corrected.

That reminds me, my dogwalker from back in the day was the first to throw the diamond sign, before both Jay and Diamond Dallas Page.

And, of course nobody listened to Jay-Z like that in Detroit - he's been basically the leading hip hop artist in terms of sales for more than a decade, but certainly none of those sales came from one of America's largest metropolitan areas.

Oh, and remember doo-rags were not a fashion trend either. Slickp's infamous Iceberg brand ambassador cousin and non-Jay-Z-listening friends didn't wear them. So, they didn't exist.

I don't wear skinny jeans, so those don't exist either. :rolleyes

Distant Replays was the truth!!

Oh, my bad. Correction, y'all. Jay-Z didn't popularize Iceberg, it was Slickp42189's unnamed cousin from Detroit. I stand corrected.

That reminds me, my dogwalker from back in the day was the first to throw the diamond sign, before both Jay and Diamond Dallas Page.

And, of course nobody listened to Jay-Z like that in Detroit - he's been basically the leading hip hop artist in terms of sales for more than a decade, but certainly none of those sales came from one of America's largest metropolitan areas.

Oh, and remember doo-rags were not a fashion trend either. Slickp's infamous Iceberg brand ambassador cousin and non-Jay-Z-listening friends didn't wear them. So, they didn't exist.

I don't wear skinny jeans, so those don't exist either. :rolleyes
Totally missed my point, which was jayz didn't put on everyone, I'm 23, when was iceberg hot? Durags? Come on, I was a kid, the **** I care about jayz for? And I'm sorry Eminem, lil Wayne, east side cheddar boys was in everybody's deck and even then every burned that **** not jayz so miss me with that "it's a big city so logic dictates most of his sales would be from that area rather than allendale, mi"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom