Ω Godfather of Harlem on EPIX Sun 10pm Ω Starring Forest Whittaker

Just binged this today. Such a dope a show. Forrest Whitaker did a great job, as well as the the actor who played Malcolm X. Is the show all factual? Did Bumpy and Muhammad Ali actually have an interaction? That was pretty cool to see.

Also Mayme is fine as hell!

yep, she was just as fine in "she's gotta have it"

Godfather of Harlem is dope but I think almost everyone agrees that they should have used music from that era. After an intense first couple of minutes in the 60s you get thrown out of rhythm by Rick Ross in the opening credits in every episode, feels kinda weird.

I think Swizz is over the music production for the show. You would think they would have someone from Harlem on the intro.

Just binged this today. Such a dope a show. Forrest Whitaker did a great job, as well as the the actor who played Malcolm X. Is the show all factual? Did Bumpy and Muhammad Ali actually have an interaction? That was pretty cool to see.

Also Mayme is fine as hell!

So after talking with some of my brothers from the NOI. Some of the stuff is waaaaayyyyyy off.

The fight the show referring to is the Liston fight against Ali. The mafia was trying to influence Liston not Ali.

It is true that he wait to come public about being an NOI after defeating Liston.

The ep with Guapo getting got just lets you know there been a tradition of snitching.

Bonano going to war on Chin :pimp:

So after talking with some of my brothers from the NOI. Some of the stuff is waaaaayyyyyy off.

The fight the show referring to is the Liston fight against Ali. The mafia was trying to influence Liston not Ali.

It is true that he wait to come public about being an NOI after defeating Liston.
The fight they showed wasn't even Ali vs. Liston. It was Ali's fight with a Harlem boxer before he got his chance to face Liston.

Wouldn't be surprised if local organized crime tried to sway the fight.

Last edited:
The ep with Guapo getting got just lets you know there been a tradition of snitching.

The fight they showed wasn't even Ali vs. Liston. It was Ali's fight with a Harlem boxer before he got his chance to face Liston.

Yeah I know but it wasn’t the D. Jones fight that the mafia was involved in.

Actual truth, It was the Liston fight that mafia was involved in. And it was that fight he came out about being apart of the NOI.

I already know about the Liston fight. I'm saying we don't actually know what went on with yhe D. Jones fight.

bout to get into this over the weekend
haven't watched 1 episode yet
but been hearing good things

I know Chin aint dying but if Bump ever had that chance he should've took it.

i love the show...... malcolm got a episode or 2 left
The show is currently in 1963. Doubt the show jumps two years in that time.

Last edited:
You right .... for some reason I thought it would be a one season series but i Seen there will be a second

Probably cost a bit more to get permission to that fight.
bout to get into this over the weekend
haven't watched 1 episode yet
but been hearing good things
Thoughts on show?

Wonder Bumpy gets out of Chin setting him up for Bonano's son's murder but also revealing he did kill Zambrano to Costello.

This dude Teddy Green was a wild boy this ep so no surprise @ his demise.

Bumpy choosing to be alone was dumb.

Fuego

This dude Teddy Green was a wild boy this ep so no surprise @ his demise.

Bumpy choosing to be alone was dumb.

Fuego

Man I been over this idiot Teddy since like the second episode. I don't think she is that tight, but when you threatening my life over some P. Naw son you got it, I'm out.

That final scene with Malcom was HARD as HELL. Jealous dude tried to press him and here come Bumpy walking up.
giphy (3).gif

Dude looked at Bumpy and knew he ain't want those problems. I knew how it was going to end, but during the interview I was like Malcom just stick to your guns man. No comment, no comment. Chickens come home to roost, damn it man.

I don't know if truthful or not but I didn't think Malcom was aware of Elijah coming for him so quick.

Malcom will die in season 2 most likely. He did in real life not long after he said that. I like how they switched up some things. Teddy the singer didn't die young in real life. Bumpy and Chin probably didn't interact much in real life. I highly doubt that he was rubbing elbows with Adam Clayton Powell in real life either.

Malcom will die in season 2 most likely. He did in real life not long after he said that. I like how they switched up some things. Teddy the singer didn't die young in real life. Bumpy and Chin probably didn't interact much in real life. I highly doubt that he was rubbing elbows with Adam Clayton Powell in real life either.
Yeah, liberties are taken with this.

Cuz I had to stop and say to myself if Bumpy was this tight with Malcolm he would've been heavy in the Malcolm X movie.

And the whole sit down with Bump copping a plea and admitting he killed Zambrano to the heads of the 5 families NEVER happened :lol: Fam would've been dead that night. That mutually assured destruction tactic won't work cuz if the mob organized JFK's hit they'd know Booby would lose his power soon enough.

Thats why Powell never actually never went through with the announcement that la cosa nostra conspired and succeeded to kill the president. An announcement like that doesnt get drowned out by some lady you owe money and an arrest warrant.

Last edited:
Yeah word but for the sake of TV I like how they mixed in things that actually did happen to things that didn’t. Makes me go look up certain things and backtrack on facts and fiction.

Yeah Malcolm is gonna die pretty damn soon in season 2 but even he didn’t know Elijah was coming that quick I don’t think but he already knew the ramifications.

They gotta stretch Malcolm’s role out to season 3 if possible. Dudes killin it! That last scene was powerful! They surrounded Malcolm and was s about to make that move. Bumpy came through like Nate Dogg in Regulate.
Yup and John Legend was KILLIN it with the vocals on that part. I guess that hatin dude will come back and kill him at his rally.

"Are you even listening to what he said."

Malcom pulled dudes card real quick MOFO I found you and dragged you out of the gutter. Just like hatin dudes you help them out then they come and try to bite the hand that reached out to them.

Back
Top Bottom