Ω Godfather of Harlem on EPIX Sun 10pm Ω Starring Forest Whittaker

As good as the show is, there are a lot of inaccuracies, Chin Gigante wasn't the head of Genovese yet at this time, he doesn't take over until much later

As good as the show is, there are a lot of inaccuracies, Chin Gigante wasn't the head of Genovese yet at this time, he doesn't take over until much later
This is all on purpose for an entertaining show.

When Bumpy came home for doing his bid he was greeted with a parade. He never went to war with Chin or any head of the Genovese family.

Same with these constant chats with Powell and X. I highly doubt that happened :lol:

Bumpy came home and it was business as usual until his untimely death but nobody wants to watch a season of him just as the king of Harlem and eating unhealthy.

Bumpy and Malcolm were close in real life. He offered Malcolm protection when he left the Nation but Malcolm decided he couldn't have Bumpy standing next to him on his new path. He was dead within 2 weeks of losing Bumpy's protection. Their relationship is well documented in Bumpy's wife's book. Chin tried to kill Costello in real life.

Great season. Dude playing Malcolm NEED to win something.

And Chin didn't start the crazy act til the 80's when the feds really started going after the Mafia.

Bumpy and Malcolm were close in real life. He offered Malcolm protection when he left the Nation but Malcolm decided he couldn't have Bumpy standing next to him on his new path. He was dead within 2 weeks of losing Bumpy's protection. Their relationship is well documented in Bumpy's wife's book. Chin tried to kill Costello in real life.

From what I remember in a documentary. Chin tried to shoot Costello in the head but the bullet went threw Costello's hat and after that Costello was just "aight y'all got it, I'm retired". :lol:

Last edited:
They got my dude from sprung
Playing Malcom x :lol: :pimp:
Sam dude throwing dollars at Diamond from Players Club, when she was on campus registering for classes.
Watching episode 1
And maaaaaaan :pimp:
I been slacking
And it’s nice to see Disney made this :pimp:
Crazy to think they distanced themselves from the show and put it on Epix instead of Disney+.

I won't ruin it but I think one of the best parts of the series is the final scene of season 1. I watched that part about 7/8 times, everything is perfect.

Sam dude throwing dollars at Diamond from Players Club, when she was on campus registering for classes.

Crazy to think they distanced themselves from the show and put it on Epix instead of Disney+.
shoulda went straight to hulu
folks woulda signed up for that bundle for that
they trippin
also makes me realize
u can have a great show
without breasts
all flopping everywhere
show has great writing

Was one of the characters suppose to be Frank Lucas?
At first I thought the guy with short hair that doesn't eat the P. :rofl: Was going to end up being Frank Lucas however I don't think he will be in the show after watching it all the way through. Hard to say because American Gangster changed so much about Frank Lucas that it is hard to determine what was factual from that movie.

Was one of the characters suppose to be Frank Lucas?
Nope I dont think so yet.

Keep in mind Frank lied about how long he knew Bumpy for and him being his mentor or w/e. Got his lies from Bumpy's driver/close friend I think.

He'll probably show up after one of Bumpy's right hand dudes is killed or imprisoned.

Last edited:

I won't ruin it but I think one of the best parts of the series is the final scene of season 1. I watched that part about 7/8 times, everything is perfect.

Oh **** that is him that disrespected Diamond :lol:

Back
Top Bottom