∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
That email address 
laugh.gif
,man that was such a depressing *** finale man 
mean.gif

I enjoyed the season but it was REALLY dumb/lazy how they moved the story along in some places.

Like the actual ending for both Ray and Frank's characters were very well done, but how the show got them there was rushed/corny. Other scenes throughout the season were great, but the setup to get there was either too convienent or just had no logic behind it.

Nic can get some great scenes out of some great actors but he really needs help writing everything around the key scenes.

Last edited:
I feel like this season will become a cult classic 15-20 years from now. It hasn't settled well yet among the main population but once it resonates, it'll be one of those most talked about shows down the line.

Made it through about half of last nights episode. Can't wait to finish it and be done. Expect I still won't understand what the hell is going on with all these storylines. Writing has been weak this season.

Serious question. Those confused with plot lines, how many times did yall watch the episodes?

Did you watch it once and expect yourself to absorb all the info?

TD is and always will be a show that requires "extra" thinking and digestion.

In b4 "if I have to do extra stuff, then it's not a good show"

They were doing too much with the storylines going off the deep end. The writers were just doing way too much.

I feel like this season will become a cult classic 15-20 years from now. It hasn't settled well yet among the main population but once it resonates, it'll be one of those most talked about shows down the line.
Maybe for all the over the top dialogue 

I understood the plot; it was just boring as hell and had bad acting mixed with corny dialogue. Calling someone inattentive or dumb for not forcing himself to like the show is pathetic

Last edited:
The show got a lot better after I re watched the first 4 episodes after episode 5 I think

This was great TV man ..like if this had been season 1 I think it would've gotten way less hate

It was never going to live up to season 1...in still in my feels about Ray and Frank

I definitely think that it was still the best show on tv. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing else that i looked forward to watching during this time span. But when season 1 was so so so good its tough to not be a little let down.

How could you not like this season , every episode got better and better .
the finale had me :wow:

The first season had a weak finale atleast for me .

Frank and Ray went out like idiots.

He should have stepped on the gas instead of reaching for his gun :smh:

Driving to the middle of nowhere to take on those dudes :rolleyes

too convenient the goon askin for the suit for NO damn reason

and burris got shot, went to the hospital, got out, and immediately went to ray's son school and just posted waiting for him to show up?

not to mention conveniently killing the mayor off screen so we didnt even get to see the confrontation

Back
Top Bottom