∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Serious question. Those confused with plot lines, how many times did yall watch the episodes?

Did you watch it once and expect yourself to absorb all the info?

TD is and always will be a show that requires "extra" thinking and digestion.

In b4 "if I have to do extra stuff, then it's not a good show"

What?

If the show expects viewers to watch the same hour of television twice in a week to "get it," then it's poorly written.

There are not that many people who care or have that much time, and frankly, the writers/producers would be stupid if they're banking on people watching multiple times and expecting to be successful.

I think I picked up on most of the major things while watching once, but it was hard to recognize what was important because of how they packed it all in and glossed over a lot.

And the bad thing is that it didn't need to be that way. They could've cut unnecessary scenes and entire subplots to make room for the important stuff, instead of rushing and dropping every detail in three overly coincidental scenes.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily think re watching episodes is what was required to understand what happened in this season. For the parts I was a little unclear on, I just read a synopsis and was completely clear with everything going on heading into the finale. Nothing about the finale was confusing assuming attention was paid and it tied everything together pretty well in my opinion.

i enjoyed the season, but there were sooooo many subplots. they could have easily eliminated a few and expounded more on others

How could you not like this season , every episode got better and better .
the finale had me :wow:

The first season had a weak finale atleast for me .
first season finale was WEAK but these Matt groupies won't let up one second to admit it

Last edited:
Just to nitpick, I felt like Ani and Ray could have easily went to the FEDS for protection. Even though they were both wanted, the FEDS could have been an option 
yup , he coulda drove right to the police station and turned himself in and wait for ani to come throught with the evidence in a year

Blood diamonds.

55c81907169027501c6f142a_blood-diamonds.gif

55c816a5169027501c6f13d4_td-salute.gif

first season finale was WEAK but these Matt groupies won't let up one second to admit it
there where people on reddit and niketalk prior to the finale that had better theiries/ideas for the finale :lol:
what made that season good was the mysticism , but that was assuming a twist/reveal was on the horizon ...the reveal was there's a few pedos filming pr0n and a fat dude banging one of his relatives .

What?

If the show expects viewers to watch the same hour of television twice in a week to "get it," then it's poorly written.

There are not that many people who care or have that much time, and frankly, the writers/producers would be stupid if they're banking on people watching multiple times and expecting to be successful.

I think I picked up on most of the major things while watching once, but it was hard to recognize what was important because of how they packed it all in and glossed over a lot.

And the bad thing is that it didn't need to be that way. They could've cut unnecessary scenes and entire subplots to make room for the important stuff, instead of rushing and dropping every detail in three overly coincidental scenes.

It's the Lupe Fiasco argument.

People say he's garbage because you don't get his lines on the first listen.

Same concept. You don't necessarily have to rewatch it. But that was just an example. You should be willing to dig a little more to truly appreciate it

I don't know if Cash was being sarcastic 
laugh.gif
 but I meant the FBI could have helped them out, not the local police
****, I just read it over again 
laugh.gif

With the powers they were messing with though, I think they still would of been done for if they tried going to the feds 
tired.gif

Ray half-heartedly brought up the idea of going to the feds to Ani & Paul but he said unless one of them had friends there, they doubt they'd get protection from them. 

Last edited:
I don't know if Cash was being sarcastic :lol:  but I meant the FBI could have helped them out, not the local police
no sarcasm ...would have sucked to sit in prison for a year or two hoping ani comes through but was the only play left ...

Besides go rogue/rambo :lol:

State police was thirsty to crack down vinci corruption so there was least some chance .

Last edited:
Oh damn did Ani really reference the FBI? I missed that part completely

Hard to imagine what they could do for season 3. They've done rural, they've done a major metro. Season 1 had more of a cold case vibe to it, on some mystery serial killer ish.. Season 2 was the corruption at all levels..

Wondering what angle they could do next..

Last edited:
What?

Exactly how I feel. I completely understand that there may be something you miss here and there, or something that they are able to sneak in, but there just shouldn't be this much confusion...

what hurt this season too is so much was referenced but so much we didnt see

did they even show a picture of caspere the whole season? 
nerd.gif

Vince Vaughn ruin the whole show for me...I couldn't take him serious.  

He should stick to comedies.

I thought Vince Vaughn's acting outside of the scenes with his wife was actually very good. The scenes with his wife were all cringeworthy though...

Back
Top Bottom