∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Season 3 already has the wheels in my brain turning.

“You ever been some place you can’t stay and can’t leave, both at the same time?”

I felt that.

...”you couldn’t leave and can’t stay”

They talk about it on the after show

Those Ringer recaps, while long, are really good and informative. If you're trying to deep dive the show a bit, I think they're worth it. Just watched both. Interesting stuff.

Enjoyed the premiere.

Carmen Ejogo. :blush:

Thought she was Sanaa Lathan initially. This just made me realize it was her and not Sanaa in Alien Covenant.

1yfl.gif

Was lying on the coach last night under a fleece//sherpa blanket watching S3 ep 1 & my dog came up & settled in with me & started snoring away... Needless to say I fell right asleep with my pooch. Glad the DVR was already set. Will have to watch both eps again.

Perfect.

Feel like I have to watch these first two episodes a couple more times. Reminded that we have an unreliable narrator with a lot of the timelines seeming to blend together. Hope they continue with the same tone. One major issue I had with season 2 was how much the tone seemed to shift toward the second half of the season.

All in on this.

So, we’re assuming it was the Uncle that was responsible for the peephole in the closet? Surprised they didn’t outright question him about that.

That would be the early guess...Those teens with the stories that didn’t line up are fishy too...

My thing is, if we’re watching this from the POV of old man Hays then do we really believe that what we’re seeing is 100% legit?

My HBOGo wasn't working once 9pm came :rolleyes but I saw on Twitter it wasn't just me. I am going to watch tn after work.

Who is your early suspect that did it?
Dad
Mom
Uncle
Teenage students
Garbage salvager
Some other person

Also what’s up with his (Hays) daughter? I mean I get a serious feeling that she either doesn’t exist or is dead...

Yeah something is off about that too.

I believe Wayne and her maybe estranged, or she maybe dead and he doesn't memba.

Just in case some haven’t watched yet...

Another thought I had was that she was abducted as a little girl too...When the documentary lady asked Wayne about the string of suspicious disappearances and deaths surrounding the case it was like a giant red flag popped up...

Didn’t somebody else mention something to Wayne about the possibility of a sex trafficking ring and he shrugged it off? Can’t remember now, have to watch both episodes again...

Back
Top Bottom