∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Man I'm just as spooked to find out what happened to his daughter as much as who kidnapped Julie and killed Will
lupe1.png

Carmen
noah.png

Interested to see how deep they go into Roland's backstory. Wayne's path has dominated so far

Don’t really get the meaning of the final scene in ep. 2 where Wayne is standing in the middle of the street all freaked out.

Next episode looks intense

I watched ep1 last night, will watch 2 tonight. I enjoyed it.

Will in the damn cave :frown: .

Watched the first episode yesterday. Definitely bringing back some Season 1 vibes.
It was a lot more exciting and intriguing than I anticipated tbh. Didn't really like Season 2 at all.

Setting up to be a good one. Ali is such a good actor, especially when he plays his older self.

Funny seeing Stephen Dorff in a role, it's been a while for him it seems.

I saw a handful of peeps in the e-streets mention the West Memphis Three similarities
ohhh.png

If ya'll never seen the Paradise Lost docs about those murders, do yourselves a favor and watch

Edit: Just saw this was mentioned already in here

Last edited:
Shht was dope..can’t waut to find out about his daughter, the way his son reacts to any mention of her has me thinking the worst...

Interested to see the connection about the adult Purcell girl and if they explore that further...I would really like to hear her side of the story..

Seems like Ali and his wife had a falling out eventually as well...wonder why?

is this related to the Paradise Lost case?

Good call on this. Definitely more than a few similarities.

Finally got around to watching the premiere. Solid. Hope Mahershala loses the soft spoken tone. Had to rewind a couple times to catch what he said.

I liked season 2 also :rolleyes

Season 1 > 2

But season 2 was still betterthen 99% of network tv.

FYI I watched season before season 1.

Just to remind of the greatness of this show:

I really hope we get some direction that's half as good as this scene this season. Every once in a while I forget what true cinematography on television is. Only a few shows remind me every time they come back.

Jeremy Saulnier did great for the first two, too bad he was ran off before before he could direct the other episodes he was supposed to do
francis.png

I'm toning down my expectations for the episodes Nic directed himself
francis.png

I heard that about Saulnier a few times. Was wondering what scared him off. Pizzolatto clearly seems to be the common denominator with all the ******* that went on last season.

Just to remind of the greatness of this show:

I really hope we get some direction that's half as good as this scene this season. Every once in a while I forget what true cinematography on television is. Only a few shows remind me every time they come back.

******* epic. I haven't seen it in a while until now.

I remember seeing a behind the scenes vid of this going down, but cannot locate it. Anyone have the vid?

Wasn’t Saulnier supposed to direct the whole season? Thought I read that somewhere...

Good though that he set the tone through the first two...Hopefully the other episodes carry through with that same aesthetic...

Back
Top Bottom