∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Pink parka?
Screenshot 2024-01-15 233717.jpg

Is it just me or does that seem like a lot of canned food for 1 person?
He had to look after his kid for the night, so presumably, he doesn't live with him.
Man doesn't like/is afraid to eat locally-produced food. 👀
1705351453232.png
I was guessing thats just how people do it in Alaska and gotta stock up in case weather gets crazy. :lol:

Loved season 1

But never finished season 2 and didn't watch season 3....

worth the watch?

I wanted to jump right into season 4.

Season 1 was an A+, Season 2 was star-studded but basically had no tied together plot.

If Season 3 hadn’t been called “True Detective” I think it would’ve been straight to a random streaming service and something nobody sees.

Jodie Foster is legit, doesn’t act much. This is worth seeing the entire thing.

Going off memory so the “tied-together” part might be wrong although, scattered as hell(!) is what I remember.

I’ve never known one person who is like “TD… Season 2… check it out.” I haven’t even seen that online… where you can find everything. Never seen one.

Comedy misses the mark so so badly

The premise is amazing so that’s a good start

A lot seemed forced but I do like they’re going for the wind river vibes

Plenty of uncanny valley CGI stuff, but they got me. Jodie Foster doing her thing, cheek-piercing shorty throwing it down, and Sol from Deadwood got something going on too.

ep 1 was great.

as someone who hates secluded and remote areas and has also been to alaska recently, this setting makes me super uncomfortable.

and you can’t be in alaska without feeling the influence of nature and animals. loved the animal scenes like the moose all killing themselves and the one eyed polar bear was pretty crazy.

Oh ffs 🤦‍♂️…Can we have any type of friggen media where we don’t have to go through this stupid *** process?

Toxic fans and the people involved with these productions responding to them are equally rediculus at this point…She just gave these douchebags a bigger platform to double down on their rhetoric and for what? So a public review aggregator site can be loaded up with reviews that are either half a star or five stars, no in between? None of these reviews by the way will have ANY actual basis on the product itself but rather which side of the toxic fence the person writing the review happens to fall on…I mean damn…This **** is exhausting…

Honestly I might check out now 🤷‍♂️…I just want one piece of media that I can consume without having to draw up ideological lines, and as such being told I’m a bad person by the opposite side, to do so…

Oh ffs 🤦‍♂️…Can we have any type of friggen media where we don’t have to go through this stupid *** process?

Toxic fans and the people involved with these productions responding to them are equally rediculus at this point…She just gave these douchebags a bigger platform to double down on their rhetoric and for what? So a public review aggregator site can be loaded up with reviews that are either half a star or five stars, no in between? None of these reviews by the way will have ANY actual basis on the product itself but rather which side of the toxic fence the person writing the review happens to fall on…I mean damn…This **** is exhausting…

Honestly I might check out now 🤷‍♂️…I just want one piece of media that I can consume without having to draw up ideological lines, and as such being told I’m a bad person by the opposite side, to do so…

Is it really this deep? :lol:

Who the hell reads reviews anyways? Just watch the damn show and if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Really, really weird to “check out” of a show because of what some people online do/say.

ok what was the point of the fantasy football quip. I’m still on that man idc idc

And then the SpongeBob toothbrush scene

Why were these included . Why. I demand answers!
The fantasy football part hints that this is all just a fantasy maybe a…..dying dream :wow:

The SpongeBob toothbrush further compounds this theory. It indicates that Jodie’s character dies in childhood and she is currently imagining her future adult life as an Alaskan detective before she passes

The fantasy football part hints that this is all just a fantasy maybe a…..dying dream :wow:

The SpongeBob toothbrush further compounds this theory. It indicates that Jodie’s character dies in childhood and she is currently imagining her future adult life as an Alaskan detective before she passes

Put the vape down fam :lol:

I swear you guys come up with these off the wall fantastical theories and then feel upset when the show just ends up being a cop show. The title is true detective

We’re so back tho … episode 1 was great … I may need to rewatch season 1 … I’ve missed these vibes

I liked season 3. Would’ve been a good continuation after season 1

Season 2 finale was cool but they just were introducing way too many characters the entire season

Not reading all that. And guess what, you don’t have to read all that toxicity on Twitter etc either.
Just relax and ignore that stuff or put the phone down.
Are the toxic fans in the room with you now? No? Exactly. Stop letting random nobodies on the internet affect your enjoyment.

I liked season 3. Would’ve been a good continuation after season 1

Season 2 finale was cool but they just were introducing way too many characters the entire season

I just found out S2 has 6 different directors for 8 episodes lol.

THAT was the problem.

Excellent first episode, liked the horror suspense tie in, first time I have felt it since the first season

Back
Top Bottom