∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
All that action at the end of last week shoulda been an episode or 2 before then they could have a couple more to unpack the events and still wrap up season long storylines…Last episode gon be even more over the place than usual :lol:

Understand what they were going for, but still sloppy and not as interesting as it could have been.

Would’ve been better off with a couple more episodes instead of this one being as long as it was.

The women sticking together theme still could’ve been very prevalent.

First 2 eps were very entertaining when it was focused on the scientists mystery and was actually a detective story. Went downhill after that. :smh:

2.4/7

I like that the explanation of the crime ended up being much more grounded than supernatural. And that they left a couple of things up to your imagination. No need to tie up every single thing in a nice little bow.

Knew the native population was going to have something to do with it. The season focused so much on them.

That trash ash ending reminded me of all the female characters banding together in Avengers. What a way to ruin a season. So far the boys is the only one able to do it properly.

Well... that was wild. 😅
Expected that 3-fingered lady to be involved, but not the whole damn cleaning crew!
And the murderin' scientists as well! 😱😅
At least we got some sort of answer. 😂🤷‍♂️
Still a lot of unanswered stuff though... like the tongue... the polar bear... the apparitions... etc...
And, yeah, too much weight on the supernatural stuff. I guess that it's part of the TD vibe, but I felt that they could have toned down a lot of that. Also... RIP Navarro, i guess? Turns out, Qavvik wasn't involved in anything and was just a decent dude. 😅
Ultimately, I guess they can just blame it all on the icy and dark surroundings, making everyone see things. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom