∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
There are flaws in the show I don’t disagree. But some of these people make it seem like it’s some bottom barrel trash.

Navarro was a big time miscast. She can't act for ****. But she's a boxer so at least she has an excuse :lol:
I disagree. I think she is taylor made for this role and an EXCELLENT supporting actress to Jodi Gawd

It's a matter of opinion.

Show is great, no nit picking from me but yall go ahead.

image.jpg

Season ranks
1-3-4-2.
I am enjoying this season a lot and don’t mind the limited episodes to 6.. some of the episodes were really slow and has fillers. There’s still a chance the finale can overtake season 3 for me.

Looking at true detective Reddit, the season 1 shills and the incels really hate this season.

Sure it has its flaws but it’s still entertaining. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it feels like (and I don't have proof of this) this show gets more criticism than it really deserves.
I dunno... maybe it was always like this and that I just didn't read as many online articles/posts during the previous seasons.
Of course, it's not a perfect show by any means and it certainly has flaws, but I imagine there are much worse shows out there. 🤷‍♂️

But overall, I've enjoyed the season so far and I hope they can stick the landing.

Every show and movie that has a female lead and mostly female cast gets review bombed especially if its a female director. People would go gaga if it was Woody and Mcconaughey in Alaska with the same script

Last edited:
yeah when the reviews started coming in there was a certain demographic that was clearly hating on the minority woman who created this szn.
but i think those initial comments have filtered out and there's legit gripes and good faith criticism towards the show. deserved too.

szn 1 was just too good. it's been a curse to this show cause every szn pales in comparison and people can't let it go.

I'm not even comparing it to S1 at this point. In a vacuum I don't even think it's good. Yet. Hopefully I eat my words and there's a Dame walk off game 7 three that redeems the whole thing.

I disagree. I think she is taylor made for this role and an EXCELLENT supporting actress to Jodi Gawd

It's a matter of opinion.

Show is great, no nit picking from me but yall go ahead.

image.jpg

Yeah, I'm not seeing the bad acting. Maybe because with Starz I see so much bad acting, I know what it looks like.

Saw some posts on Reddit as well as posts in here on Mare of Easttown and how it could have been a TD season... might have to check that out when this is over.

Saw some posts on Reddit as well as posts in here on Mare of Easttown and how it could have been a TD season... might have to check that out when this is over.

I think that was me. It wasn't as "eerie" as TD and probably had a little too much comedic relief for TD but I think they still could have tinkered with it a little bit to make it fit within the TD universe. It was very well done.

Back
Top Bottom