⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried, hot seat talk is overblown. Flo not gonna sack Zizou & RM beating Gladbach Wednesday anyway. Madridistas should temper expectations, I said before start of campaign, we're fully expected to repeat as La Liga champs with Barca's down year & Messi saga. But we were never CL favorites, although failing to reach knockout stage undoubtedly embarrassing. Can dig up post, told y'all Group B toughest.

Royston Drenthe bankrupt, you hate to see it:

Listening to a podcast and they mentioned its been 9 consecutive champions games that Mbappe havent scored

Not worried, hot seat talk is overblown. Flo not gonna sack Zizou & RM beating Gladbach Wednesday anyway. Madridistas should temper expectations, I said before start of campaign, we're fully expected to repeat as La Liga champs with Barca's down year & Messi saga. But we were never CL favorites, although failing to reach knockout stage undoubtedly embarrassing. Can dig up post, told y'all Group B toughest.

Royston Drenthe bankrupt, you hate to see it:
its not the toughest group just cause yall are struggling in it

Mad disingenuous. I said B toughest before group even started. >D
you can say whatever you want but it's not.
you mean to tell me we are supposed to believe in fenerbache and brossia madglafback
yall and inter are under performing. that's the only reason this is a thing

TBH, the underperformance don't seem to be Zidane's fault. Seems more like the players aren't following through. I know that's a stretch because the same group just won La Liga 5 months ago, but the fault is in player execution and concentration, and that doesn't seem to me Zidane's position should be hot.

I understand getting players to "buy in" is the manager's job, but if they continue to flounder, and you know Zidane has been a godsend title-wise...

I suppose it's cheaper to flip managers than to flip 1/2 your squad. But Madrid have needed (effective) freshening for 3 years and it hasn't happened b/c of the Bernabéu construction. Instead, you have a 36 y/o Modric running on fumes and inability to replace Lucas Vasquez.

Flo made the wrong moves not retaining CR7, not giving Bale a harder line (despite my ever-present man love for Gareth), and believing Hazard could compensate in any way. The next rebuild will hurt.

:lol: the spanish announcers referring mbappe as donatello
Something something latin nicknames said earlier :rofl:

Bale converts the PK against Austria’s LASK. 1-1. could you imagine if Madrid got matched with Spurs in the Europa league. Oh have the turntables... tur-

Mariano > jovic
Is this reliable? If it is, it’s a terrible move for Madrid

Naa this would be mad disrespectful even for Flo :smh:

Man basically begged him to come back when things were heading off the rails there and all he did was deliver them a league title after Barca went back to running the league :lol:

They also stayed put in terms of recruitment last window instead of building up better squad depth for a season where the games are coming fast and furious for 8-9 months straight.

Sacking Zizou mid-season, even before New Years, would be a bigger indictment on Flo then anyone imo. Man needs to self reflect the way he's run the club post-Ron (having him leave in the first place was a humongous L) first before throwing anyone else under the bus.

My G, Fenerbahce not even in CL. If you don't even know who is in the group, we can't begin a honest dialogue.
my bad shaktar
same thing though...both non factors. my point still stands... might even drive it further home :lol:

Pablo mari on his debut :pimp: Completely forgot about him haha would love to see him become a solid rotational cb for us in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom