⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 asinine statements that can't be measured or refuted so i wont even try

but you are severely disrespecting the impact jordan has had globally.
pound for pound the impact mj has had especially while only playing in the US is incomparable.
there are literally lines around the world still where people are trying to buy his sneakers.
maradona has had an immense impact in the football world only.
jordan has gone way beyond basketball and even sport. we wouldn't even be having a discussion about maradona on this board if it weren't for MJ

and we aren't even getting in to sporting achievements cause he would lose that argument too

google michael jordan and google diego maradona
lets see who has more results.

So if a Michael Jordan died tomorrow do you think the United States will stop the government, pause everything, enforce a three day national mourning period, lay Jordan in a casket in front of the Presidents house so 1,000,000 people could say their goodbyes???

This is what you’re saying? You think hundreds thousands of people would be dancing, crying, celebrating in the streets for days on end....(Mind you this is during a Pandemic).

Michael is the greatest player ever, and no doubt his influence is huge, he made the NBA and Nike what it is right now. But most of Jordan’s global influence was fiscal - NOT EMOTIONAL.

You been to Napoli where there are shrines and murals of Maradona? where he’s treated like god, where literally half of Napoli was rooting for Maradona/Argentina in the World Cup against Italy

Have you not watched ANY of what’s been going on? Especially in Argentina? Even lots of Latin America cried because they saw themselves in Maradona. He was and “indio”. Cuba doesn’t even like football and Maradona is a god there!

jape jape You sound a like crazy ignorant American right now bruh :lol:

Last edited:
The only athlete who could even come close to Maradona and his status was Muhammad Ali, that’s the closest one.

So if a Michael Jordan died tomorrow do you think the United States will stop the government, pause everything, enforce a three day national mourning period, lay Jordan in a casket in front of the Presidents house so 1,000,000 people could say their goodbyes???

Rich western countries don't do this for athletes and entertainers. That's usually reserved for politicians and sometimes high ranking military

Not trying to derail but "poor" countries usually revere athletes and entertainers and tend to do this when they die

Brazil did the same with Senna and will most likely do the same for Pele when he dies

jape jape been on one this week. :lol:

The "Beco" Senna shout-out. 🇧🇷 GOAT F1 driver.

rolaholic rolaholic , don't let 'em know. Been tryna keep Bouba a secret. Next Marquinhos. He's been one of Rudi's/AVB's best players for over two years now. Came through OM academy, captained U-19 side. Nasri counseled Kamara to not leave for EPL, which made sense because Marseille qualified for CL. Leipzig's duo of Upamecano and Konate get more hype, but I prefer Bouba to both. OM been basura in CL but strong in Ligue 1, lone surprising L to St.-Etienne.

French-Senegalese :emoji_star2::

This is what you’re saying? You think hundreds thousands of people would be dancing, crying, celebrating in the streets for days on end....(Mind you this is during a Pandemic).

Michael is the greatest player ever, and no doubt his influence is huge, he made the NBA and Nike what it is right now. But most of Jordan’s global influence was fiscal - NOT EMOTIONAL.

You been to Napoli where there are shrines and murals of Maradona? where he’s treated like god, where literally half of Napoli was rooting for Maradona/Argentina in the World Cup against Italy

Have you not watched ANY of what’s been going on? Especially in Argentina? Even lots of Latin America cried because they saw themselves in Maradona. He was and “indio”. Cuba doesn’t even like football and Maradona is a god there!

jape jape You sound a like crazy ignorant American right now bruh :lol:

You hit it on the head. It’s about passion. People in Argentina care way too much about football. It’s irrational. Americans love their sports, but not to the point where it’s irrational.

Rich western countries don't do this for athletes and entertainers. That's usually reserved for politicians and sometimes high ranking military

Not trying to derail but "poor" countries usually revere athletes and entertainers and tend to do this when they die

Brazil did the same with Senna and will most likely do the same for Pele when he dies

And in both cases, the government needed something to distract the people from an ongoing economic crisis...

What do u guys think about Bayern-Leipzig tomorrow :nerd:
Odds are decent on Bayern, I might go hard on them
Game is in between 2 pointless CL matches for Bayern, starters got rested this week
Meanwhile this is a big game right before a must win CL game for Leipzig

past few games have been pretty even but I could see a 3 or 4-1 Bayern win or something

ronaldo nazario ronaldo nazario vtotheinay vtotheinay

Last edited:
So odegaard sucks or nah?
he went from being top 10 to not being mentioned at all. And now he’s on the bench again
Was it just a big fish in a small pond type of thing? he looks bang average with a lot of better talent around him than he had last szn

What do u guys think about Bayern-Leipzig tomorrow :nerd:
Odds are decent on Bayern, I might go hard on them
Game is in between 2 pointless CL matches for Bayern, starters got rested this week
Meanwhile this is a big game right before a must win CL game for Leipzig

past few games have been pretty even but I could see a 3 or 4-1 Bayern win or something

ronaldo nazario ronaldo nazario vtotheinay vtotheinay

I agree with the scoreline. Bayern isn't losing at home. Leipzig for the most part has been in form, but they have these moments when they just aren't there. I would like to see them win, that would make things interesting

Penalty was super soft on Sterling. I’d honestly like to see those overturned on some “he barely touched you” rationale :lol:. I know that’s a slippery slope but that one was obvious.

Real rocking their Humanrace/Yamamoto kits :pimp:

So odegaard sucks or nah?
he went from being top 10 to not being mentioned at all. And now he’s on the bench again
Was it just a big fish in a small pond type of thing? he looks bang average with a lot of better talent around him than he had last szn
He looked solid against Inter a few weeks back but yea I definitely thought he'd be playing more often than he has this season especially with Modric's age

Not a single lie was told :lol:

20201205_111714.jpg

Unfortunately for Merson, and most Gooners, he legit can't suit up for them this season after Basque Sean Dyche left him out of their PL and EL squad lists for whatever reason...

Last edited:

Pogback

Surprised to see Ole actually resting Rash and Bruno for a change :lol:

Hope it means VDB gets to play further up

Happy for Hendo starting

i think i read that ozil is only 5 assists away from henry's assist record....?
thats sad. let the man do what he's born to do
Not sure about the career mark but he finished 1 off Henry's prem record a few years back. Looked like he'd for sure break it but they ended the season cold up front, WC went like 15 straight games scoreless.

Really makes no sense him getting exiled especially with how poor they've been at creating this year. Almost confirms for me that it's more political than for anything footy/performance related

ESPECIALLY now that we have partey, the WC cm ozil and arsenal needed for 1737261636372 years to support him

Not sure about the career mark but he finished 1 off Henry's prem record a few years back. Looked like he'd for sure break it but they ended the season cold up front, WC went like 15 straight games scoreless.
I'll never forgive olivier for that, that's why his career at arsenal will always just be a "good" run rather than a "great" one to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom