⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
6C228BB3-F484-4D54-BE71-9E19FF4D2F76.jpeg

Fitting. :pimp:

Has anyone spent more than you tho? Kind of a mute point really. Enjoy your “bloke” treble though.. really one of the best teams we’ve seen in England.
Everyone spends, we just overpay and spend a lot for a lot more quality players. Not like years past signing random players.

This season we only signed Mahrez he wasn't even a neccesity.

Laporte, Stones, Mendy, Walker all were needed for our backline.

Prior to those signings we fielded Zabaleta, Clichy, Demichelis...that's a laughing stock of a backline and we were destroyed and embarrassed that year, also won the Wenger trophy for 4th place.

Prior to 14-15 we were bringing in 4-5 players a year that didnt stay long, our spending recently have been a premium but for younger talent that will stay 4-5+ years. We set ourself up without having to spend last year and even this upcoming season. We need like 1 starter, and maybe 2 more bench players for more depth this off season and that's it.

I know a Champions League Trophy was a goal this year. And if not for two mistakes by Laporte, who knows what wouldve happened. However, ending the season with 3 trophies is better than 95% of other teams around the globe. It was a fantastic season. Props to Liverpool for being on our tail all year. Cityyyyyy baby!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Also congrats to sfc415 sfc415 he’s the only Benfica supporter/sympathizer I know in here.

Porto kept it close all season, leading most of the way. But I can’t lie, that disgusting team called Benfica was the more talented and better squad.

I’m surprised we kept it that close. Porto really need to buy and play more Portuguese players. Danilo was the only one. Incredibly embarrassing.

Porto started off super hot. I remember yall was beating teams by like 3 goals a game. I think the league was theirs when Benfica beat that one team 10-0 :lol:

I didnt follow the Portuguese league that closely but won a lot of money betting on Benfica. Dont worry once they sell Felix and Grimaldo it will come back to Porto.

Always is exxagerating mans just happy after doing something that hasn’t been done before and he was living in the moment. He’s also said this earlier today I believe.
“I need to see what I can do better because right now in the UCL, I’ve not been good enough at this Club. You play with emotions in the UCL more than other competitions”
He knows it’s importance. He’s his own harshest critique when it comes to our loses in that competition under him even though we went out this year to no fault of his own. Whenever reporters usually ask him about it he always talks about how he needs to do better

Not to mention Zidane himself said something similar last season (about league performance showing you more and that being harder) and he won the champions league 3 times in a row

Last edited:
Also congrats to sfc415 sfc415 he’s the only Benfica supporter/sympathizer I know in here.

Porto kept it close all season, leading most of the way. But I can’t lie, that disgusting team called Benfica was the more talented and better squad.

I’m surprised we kept it that close. Porto really need to buy and play more Portuguese players. Danilo was the only one. Incredibly embarrassing.

Used to be more of a supporter back in the day, but it's just hard for me to seriously follow a club that's just going to sell off their talent every year. I guess sympathizer is the better term now :lol: when they win the league now, it's "Cool, let's see what clubs all the good players go to next year" the only ones that stay are the 2nd tier talent/old Brasilian players past their prime

Seems like Sporting tend to be better for Portuguese players but I can't root for that club out of the last drops of loyalty I have left :lol: at least de Carvalho is gone now, and I can root for their former players by proxy through Wolves (like you do)

Used to be more of a supporter back in the day, but it's just hard for me to seriously follow a club that's just going to sell off their talent every year. I guess sympathizer is the better term now :lol: when they win the league now, it's "Cool, let's see what clubs all the good players go to next year" the only ones that stay are the 2nd tier talent/old Brasilian players past their prime

Seems like Sporting tend to be better for Portuguese players but I can't root for that club out of the last drops of loyalty I have left :lol: at least de Carvalho is gone now, and I can root for their former players by proxy through Wolves (like you do)

So you’re a Wolves fan? This is news to me. You should have been given a wolf banner then. Welcome to the Wolfgang, bang, bang, gang, gang.

As for Porto, we do great business but it’d be REALLY nice to see some Portuguese talent on the squad here and there.

But hey, that’s the nature of the Primeira Liga. Were always looking for the next bag.

The EL final shouldn't have this much significance on our short term future but it holds major weight. It sets the stage for our potential transfer budget and it also effects the future of our academy players. We're in a delicate position right now. We're in the midst of having one of the best academies in recent years with players like Reiss, Eddie, Willock, Saka, and Smith-Rowe, but it seems like Emery isn't going to trust them all to make the step up to the first team next season.

Alot of clubs around Europe been circling our academy for a minute now and Emery only gave Eddie some time this season because he needed some more cover for Laca and Auba and he wanted to ward off interest from Augsburg and Hoffenheim. Reiss nearly went to Madrid a couple years ago, Mcguane is at Barca B, Bennacer is killing it at Empoli and is linked with Napoli, Frankfurt want Saka, and Roma were looking at Smith-Rowe before his injuries at RB Leipzig. If we're not careful, we can lose some potentially good/great players for nothing.

Jadon Sancho and other young players are giving these guys the blueprint. If you're club won't trust you enough to play you, then go somewhere else and flourish. Can't blame em. Just hope it isn't too late. We need upgrades at certain positions, but we also need to give more chances to our youngsters. No reason why Emery should've brought in Suarez when there were young and hungry players ready to make the next step.

i was going thru the thread and i wondered why Coupe was going for Citeh:rofl:
congrats on Europa Wolves:pimp: also glad Nuno got at least some recognition as a candidate for the Manager of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom