⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an arsenal fan it’s good to see Marcos Alonso get some recognition. Dude is nice :pimp:

Not sure which specifically but his dad and grandfather each won the league with Barca and Real respectively. Pretty cool

I’m dying to see this new iteration of Monaco... specifically that Italian kid & Willem Geubbels to. I have a feeling Geubbels will be the next Mbappe but I have to see him play to get a good sense of him. In fact there are a lot of youngsters on the roster that are really intriguing.

Damn, had a feeling Bale was going to start the campaign on fire. He looked really fit & lean in preseason. Hope he can stay healthy.

One of the things I love watching stuff like the City Amazon series is the behind the scenes stuff like the cryo-therapy Kompany did. :lol: @ him dragging the kit man with him. That kitman is the life of the team. If only I had the stuff they had when I was my son’s kitman. I was such a dork being excited to but him new boots, socks, & stuff like cold gear...

Last edited:
So far it looks like the presence of Lopetegui, starting the season off healthy, & Courtois has the brought the best out of Keylor

Monaco seems to treat the transfer market like the NFL draft, bring in a bunch of young guys on cheap contracts, create a competitive environment, some become stars and they sell them, keep some & some fall off

5XOFPrwULaehNGATjkznFsGmzDZ-fdRL8uzvZS3v-20.jpg

Sheesh...wasn't expecting much initially but might have to cop :lol:

Adidas seems to do pink kits justice,Juve's away from a few years back is classic

luis suarez is fat
all he does is ask for the ball to his feet cause he never makes runs behind the lines anymore
he needs to sit. valverde needs to grow a pair

jorginho bravo :smokin
sarri ball has been very enjoyable for me.

The one thing I don't get with Sarri system is Kante & Gorginho, Kante is obviously the better defensive player, why not leave him in his natural holding position to protect the defense, and move Gorginho up where's he less exposed on defense, I think Kante is good enough to be press resistant

Can somebody break it down for me?

Last edited:
BRUUHHHHHHH!!! look at this ****. xavi is somewhere in tears

These (and other amateur La Liga) reasons are why some people think the EPL>La Liga. This wouldn’t happen in the EPL, they wouldn’t let it happen.

Over 1 billion euro worth of talent on that pitch, one of the biggest teams in the world and La Liga allows that to happen, unnoticed? What is this beer league softball?

Also if I’m Barça, I wouldn’t have let my team play, they could have left.

I just don't think he had the proper time to get into the right shape, played through an injury last season, Valverde kept the rotation short. The went into the WC and hasn't been eased into this season. Barca could have gave him limited minutes to start the season and let him get into proper shape, he's 31 he should be managed better.

He still is imo, I never seen Suarez as lazy.
Suarez was a workhorse at Anfield.

I'm starting to wonder if Marcos Alonso should be converted to a midfielder role and we bring in another LB and let Emerson start :lol:

6 goals in our first 2 matches :pimp:

There have been a few success stories with La Liga in terms of teams getting promoted and doing well (Eibar, Girona.) After seeing that Vallodolid pitch, even if it was against Barca, I hope they get relegated and never see the primera again for a long time. Pitch was an abomination. Part of La Liga’s appeal is the slick passing on the ground. Their penalty shouldn’t have been just a fine, they should have been sent to the third division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom