⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad some English Pundits agree with my “Harry Kane should have never, ever started” assessment. I’ve been saying this for a damn month, DO NOT PLAY KANE.

Poch really blew this one today, got it all wrong. SMH

Hot take but I enjoy spurs WAY more without Harry. Yet I’m not one of those ppl who don’t rate him. Weird

Good doesn’t necessarily = entertaining. Maybe I was just young but growing up for example I didn’t find Tim Duncan entertaining, yet he’s undeniably an all time great.

Speaking of entertaining not being necessarily good, Portland is already being torn up by Vela.

Atinella is trash.

Disappointed to see this result after the incredible run to get here. I was shocked when I saw Kane starting. The game was lackluster which doesn't help things either.. felt like they settled quickly after that early penalty but Kane did nothing and I can't really blame him, he shouldn't have even been out there. We just didn't take the opportunities when we had them.

Tough loss. Congratulations to Liverpool and their fans.

Villafana trash too.

And Velas diving has finally hurt one of our players. Cool.

Last edited:
I wonder if there was a ‘political’ decision to play Kane. I wouldn’t fathom to think I know more about footy than Poch but even Stevie Wonder saw Moura being a better starting option than Kane.

His first (and only?) shot on goal came in the 7Xth minute.

There were a few ways poch could've approached the starting XI today. I don't think Kane should've started, but he really didn't need to start Winks, who was also coming off a long injury break. He could've had sissoko play holding mid by himself with Dele/Eriksen in MF and a trident of Son, Kane, Lucas. And then of course he could've just left Kane out completely with Son and Lucas up top. It had to be a political thing coming from within the club...:smh:

I know theres a lot of MLS haters, but the chaos in this stoppage time is so much more entertaining than the UCL final was.

98th minute and the ref is on VAR reviewing who to send off after a scuffle :lol: :smh:

Twellman blowing LAFC all game is annoying.

I know theres a lot of MLS haters, but the chaos in this stoppage time is so much more entertaining than the UCL final was.

98th minute and the ref is on VAR reviewing who to send off after a scuffle :lol: :smh:

Twellman blowing LAFC all game is annoying.
Our defense is straight Willamette water. 3 defensive errors that could of been prevented. The last one not so much but both Tuiloma and Mabiala were ball watching and not marking anyone.

Beautiful attack at times, but ever since Borchers and Ridgy left we have been extremely poor in our CB pairings. I like Mabiala the most but its frustrating when we leak goals EVERY week and have yet to hold a clean sheet.

Brian Fernandez is that guy tho, idk if hes a real #9 but if he can bang in the goals, why not? I'm still hoping Ebobisse can turn out to be the player we think he can become. It's another issue we have been having to deal with too :smh:

Really hope he didn’t do it. Although both are detestable, one chick lying about rape is much less so than Neymar being a rapist

The Kane start screams politics some how. Most managers it seems are "go with who got you here" type. I feel like it is why Pep started Jesus against Watford in the final. Since he was the guy who played most in that cup. I feel for Lucas. I honestly thought Spurs outplayed Pool for the majority of the game but were missing that final ball. Which if you had Lucas and Son up there with their work rates running off the ball all game would have been a huge help.

That part. I’m not going to kill Poch for deciding to start one of the most prolific strikers of the last 5 years.

I don't understand the how it would be a politics angle, Poch holds a lot of power over there, they know he can walk away at any time and that whole thing can crumble this summer. In hindsight maybe you don't play him the entire the match or whatever, still doesn't fix that fact Eriksen & Dele were awful, Sissoko did something dumb and no one could put a ball into the box.

Last edited:
Yea Kane clearly wasn’t a 100% but he still wasn’t their worst player yesterday. Dele was tragic erikesn was booty for the most part. Hard to account for two of your most important players just being no shows in a final. Lowkey expected it from dele but not from eriksen. **** happens sometimes. Spurs squad is very limited though and you could argue it finally caught up to them. They only players they could bring off the bench to really try to change things and not lose a ton of quality was Lucas. After that Llorente and Dier...yea not a lot of options. They did amazing to make it to the final and deserve all the credit for that but the lack of squad quality caught up to them

Dele and Eriksen played a much bigger role in our loss than Kane. For the whole game we struggled in the final third, both with the final ball and shooting.

I wonder if there was a ‘political’ decision to play Kane. I wouldn’t fathom to think I know more about footy than Poch but even Stevie Wonder saw Moura being a better starting option than Kane.

His first (and only?) shot on goal came in the 7Xth minute.

I thought this too. English FA strongarmed Levy to started their Golden Boy :lol:. I wont be surprised if Poch leaves

lets be honest here
people are looking at the kane decision as the scapegoat but totenham weren't going to beat liverpool either way

This. Tottenham created chances, but they just couldn't capitalize with Alisson, VVD, and the rest of the Liverpool backline holding down the fort.

Zaha and Grealish would be good additions for Spurs but I’m thinking Zaha would cost too much and Grealish will stay at Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom