⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Pipita hate Ronnie? Statistically, they're one of the most prolific duos in RM history when they played together
2011-12 RM squad is one of my favorites in history. Ozil and ADM wide feeding CR7, Benz and "Pipa." Pepe and Carvalho the Portuguese goon squad. Had Brazucas like Marcelo and Kaka. Obviously 'San' Iker in net. Xabi Alonso in the middle of the park. Guys like Sahin, Granero and Altintop couldn't even break into the squad regularly. My guy Coentrao, who had a dope connection with Ronnie down the left channel. Won the league by nine points by failed in CL pens when Sergio Ramos infamously hit the moon ball attempt vs. Bayern in the semis.

I remember Adebayor had those boys loose in the dressing room a campaign before the one I mentioned. 2011 CdR final, Cristiano's header in the 103rd minute off a Di Maria cross.

@Bantz Lord T, think we were on the same side of the coin on this one but tried to tell y'all "El Toro" was a problem when he signed from Racing. If I'm Steven Zhang, I'm telling Conte to dead the infatuation with Rom. Plus MU has no leverage, OGS clearly has a preference for Rash as his starting CF. Lautaro performed well in his lone Serie A campaign, also bagged a brace in Copa Italia vs. Benevento in the round of 16. Scored byke-to-byke opening goals in Copa America against Qatar and Venezuela. Conte could and should build around Martinez as his preferred CF. Sell Icardi and Radja. Perisic too, if a club is willing to overpay. Inter needs to upgrade both outside-back positions.

Why would Pipita hate Ronnie? Statistically, they're one of the most prolific duos in RM history when they played together

Cause he keeps having to get loaned out. When Ronnie came that big money transfer Higuian made to Juventus a few years ago became an afterthought.

He was in Milan and London last season, now he’s about to be loaned out to Roma. I’m sure part of him is like “god damn Cristiano”

Also this game last year....

So Griezmann leaves Atletico after 5 seasons as their 5th highest goalscorer, he was only 39 goals away from being the highest all time in club history o_O

Why isn't a shrewd club making a back-door play for Icardi? If you need a premium striker, not many are going to come at the price of 50M and production Mauro offers. I get it, his wife Wanda is incredibly annoying, as much as Rabiot's mum. But it's also evident Inter is willing to let Icardi go at a discount just to see him out of their dressing room. There's not many number 9s in the world you can count better than him at just 26 years old. FTR, all things being equal, Rom is not better than Mauro.

Why isn't a shrewd club making a back-door play for Icardi? If you need a premium striker, not many are going to come at the price of 50M and production Mauro offers. I get it, his wife Wanda is incredibly annoying, as much as Rabiot's mum. But it's also evident Inter is willing to let Icardi go at a discount just to see him out of their dressing room. There's not many number 9s in the world you can count better than him at just 26 years old. FTR, all things being equal, Rom is not better than Mauro.

Agreed.

I said last week I would have swapped Icardi for Rom any day if I was United. Inter would do it.

If she ain't down to ride like this, I don't want it.
IMG_1217.PNG
You might be a few million short for this kind of loyalty

What's good with our boy Cancelo, he's not going to City?

The minute I saw those Cancelo rumors I wasn’t believing it. It smelled of Jorge Mendes trying to pull over a fast one on the public to increase Cancelo’s wages behind the scenes. But those rumors have died down, haven’t seen anything recently. Cancelo back at training, enjoying the weather in Turin.

It just didn’t smell right. The transfer fee was wayyy to low for arguably the best RB in Europe. Juve are fiscally very savvy, getting hustled for such a low fee made no sense. City have Kyle Walker and Danilo. You know Ronaldo would not have approved, him and Cancelo have a great chemistry. And last, Juve has no other RB. They finally got the RB they’ve been craving for and now they’re going to sell him after one year?

Didn’t add up.... but who knows, crazier things have happened. Maybe I’ll look like a fool for this in the upcoming week. But my Portuguese 6th sense ain’t buying it.

Last edited:
The minute I saw those Cancelo rumors I wasn’t believing it. It smelled of Jorge Mendes trying to pull over a fast one on the public to increase Cancelo’s wages behind the scenes.But those rumors have have practically died, haven’t seen anything recently. Cancelo back at training, enjoying the weather in Turin.

It just didn’t smell right. The transfer fee was wayyy to low for arguably the best RB in Europe. Juve are fiscally very savvy, getting hustled for such a low fee made no sense. City have Kyle Walker and Danilo. You know Ronaldo would not have approved, him and Cancelo have a great chemistry. And last, Juve has no other RB. They finally got the RB they’ve been craving for and now they’re going to sell him after one year?

Didn’t add up.... but who knows crazier things have happened. Maybe I’ll look like a fool for this in the upcoming week. But my logical Portuguese sense ain’t buying it.
I'm with you, bro. I find it more likely City ends up with Dani Alves for RB depth. Pep knows the player. Can come on a free, Sheikh Mansour ain't shy about paying the wages. He's no Cancelo but #GoodCrazy ain't completely washed at the club level yet either. Veteran presence and leadership in the dressing room. Won at every level, wherever he goes.

Kinda see it as a Kawhi and Danny Green situation. If Alves signs a contract with City, does that mean Neymar is definitely stuck with PSG? I view them as a package deal to Barca but now it gets curious with Barca's finances and balancing the books after Griezy came. They have almost too many attacking options and not enough minutes for Valverde to distribute.

I'm with you, bro. I find it more likely City ends up with Dani Alves for RB depth. Pep knows the player. Can come on a free, Sheikh Mansour ain't shy about paying the wages. He's no Cancelo but #GoodCrazy ain't completely washed at the club level yet either. Veteran presence and leadership in the dressing room. Won at every level, wherever he goes.

Kinda see it as a Kawhi and Danny Green situation. If Alves signs a contract with City, does that mean Neymar is definitely stuck with PSG? I view them as a package deal to Barca but now it gets curious with Barca's finances and balancing the books after Griezy came. They have almost too many attacking options and not enough minutes for Valverde to distribute.

Forgot to add, the Cancelo to City rumors died down and but were replaced by Cancelo to Barça rumors instead. It just doesn’t make sense bro :lol: Barça currently have wayyy to much going on right now, they’re trying to get Neymar back. It smells like a classic Jorge Mendes move to get Cancelo paid because the Juve sporting director is playing hardball. Maybe next week it’ll be RM, who knows with Mendes :lol:

My opinion on Neymar tho, I absolutely think he’s back at Barça. PSG have publicly bashed him, Neymar is now bashing them - it’s beyond repair. But I feel like it’s a deal that’s going to take a while cause PSG and Barça hate each other and now they’re forced to do business. Gonna be a lot of egos.

But I don’t see Neymar stuck at all at PSG. They’re finished with each other. What that means for Danny Alves I have no idea tho. I’d guess a City too.

Forgot to add, the Cancelo to City rumors died down and but were replaced by Cancelo to Barça rumors instead. It just doesn’t make sense bro :lol: Barça currently have wayyy to much going on right now, they’re trying to get Neymar back. It smells like a classic Jorge Mendes move to get Cancelo paid because the Juve sporting director is playing hardball. Maybe next week it’ll be RM, who knows with Mendes :lol:

My opinion on Neymar tho, I absolutely think he’s back at Barça. PSG have publicly bashed him, Neymar is now bashing them - it’s beyond repair. But I feel like it’s a deal that’s going to take a while cause PSG and Barça hate each other and now they’re forced to do business. Gonna be a lot of egos.

But I don’t see Neymar stuck at all at PSG. They’re finished with each other. What that means for Danny Alves I have no idea tho. I’d guess a City too.
I see a golden opportunity for PSG to fleece Barca if Leonardo plays this right. As you said, Neymar wants the move back to Camp Nou. Barca probably enticed by an attacking trio of Leo, Ney and Griezy. If I'm the Parisians, I'm asking for Dembele, Coutinho, Umtiti and cash as a starting point. Dead that Raki talk, he on the wrong side of 30. FCB got not leverage with Phil. He doesn't fit the squad and Valverde insists on playing him deeper than he's accustomed to.

I see a golden opportunity for PSG to fleece Barca if Leonardo plays this right. As you said, Neymar wants the move back to Camp Nou. Barca probably enticed by an attacking trio of Leo, Ney and Griezy. If I'm the Parisians, I'm asking for Dembele, Coutinho, Umtiti and cash as a starting point. Dead that Raki talk, he on the wrong side of 30. FCB got not leverage with Phil. He doesn't fit the squad and Valverde insists on playing him deeper than he's accustomed to.

It’s an opportunity for many potential fleeces, but when you look at it, Barça have more leverage in this situation.

Barça weren’t going after Neymar, Neymar went after Barça after the PSG President called him out a few weeks ago. So if PSG already know they want Neymar out and Neymar says “it’s gotta be Barça”... then obviously Barça have more leverage here.

Nassar Al Khaleefi should have kept his damn mouth shut. But I think he was thinking “maybe Madrid and Barça will have bidding war for Neymar” which doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Barça have the clear opportunity to fleece PSG here in my opinion.

It’s an opportunity for many potential fleeces, but when you look at it, Barça have more leverage in this situation.

Barça weren’t going after Neymar, Neymar went after Barça after the PSG President called him out a few weeks ago. So if PSG already know they want Neymar out and Neymar says “it’s gotta be Barça”... then obviously Barça have more leverage here.

Nassar Al Khaleefi should have kept his damn mouth shut. But I think he was thinking “maybe Madrid and Barça will have bidding war for Neymar” which doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Barça have the clear opportunity to fleece PSG here in my opinion.
I hear you. Valid points, meu parceiro. Here's what I do to counter that, if Al-Khelaifi and Leonardo have any guts. Eu falo com pai de Neymar. Sua filho, under contract for three more years. If the club refuses to sell the player, you gonna hold out 'til 2022?! Tuchel fine with an attacking trio of Mbappe, Cavani and ADM up top. You can win Ligue 1 with that. Or if you wanna be petty, I'll dead *** start Colin Dagba at LW throughout preseason, to send a message. Say I won't. Al-Khelaifi's bread is dumb long, oil money don't play in a game of chicken.

I hear you. Valid points, meu parceiro. Here's what I do to counter that, if Al-Khelaifi and Leonardo have any guts. Eu falo com pai de Neymar. Sua filho, under contract for three more years. If the club refuses to sell the player, you gonna hold out 'til 2022?! Tuchel fine with an attacking trio of Mbappe, Cavani and ADM up top. You can win Ligue 1 with that. Or if you wanna be petty, I'll dead *** start Colin Dagba at LW throughout preseason, to send a message. Say I won't. Al-Khelaifi's bread is dumb long, oil money don't play in a game of chicken.

Yea they can do that but that’s crazy petty. Even for PSG standards.

Also PSG want him out bro, they started this first publicly. They want to move on, get their transfers

Read somewhere that Wanda (his wife) can’t take her kids outside of Italy without her ex’s approval. Apparently he won’t approve either. Hence why icardi is only being linked with Italian clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom