⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our resident racing fan Sinner Sinner ... Corinthians pay homage to F1 legend Ayrton Senna. :smokin

2-corinithians-senna-kit-min.jpg

1-corinithians-senna-kit-min.jpg

That's glorious.

United played some of their worst football I have ever seen in the Champions league this week. And only Mou could make Alexis look so washed out there. He really is alot like Wenger in the sense that he is past his best and hasn't adapted to the modern game outside of spending money.

He was always going to be a problematic signing because he represents everything that United doesn't stand for, but because he guaranteed trophies people didn't care how the football looked as long as they could win the league and the CL with his tactics. And now that none of it has happened and the football looks like trash, people are having buyers remorse.

sheesh

where does mourinho go from here?
his fall from grace has been in epic fashion and i've enjoyed every minute of it

edit: anyone who replies barca midas whale square up now

Madrid, not even joking - they were talking about it on that Spanish football show. If Lopetegui gets fired, Mourinho will come in. Still has a good relationship with Florentino.

Also RM fans are pissed in general right now with lack of goal scoring and are rapidly losing faith in Lopetegui.

Madrid, not even joking - they were talking about it on that Spanish football show. If Lopetegui gets fired, Mourinho will come in. Still has a good relationship with Florentino.

Also RM fans are pissed in general right now with lack of goal scoring and are rapidly losing faith in Lopetegui.
Please, if there is a Satan to confirm all I believe in, the world NEEDS to see Mourinho back at Madrid... and Barca to hire Wenger. El Clasico would be FIRE again.

I really thought Ascensio would be better than what I've seen of him this season. Maybe the bar was set too high for him.

I myself would like José Mourinho to retire, the game has passed him by (happens to most managers). He has a great resume, accomplishments, etc.... time to just go, retire.

Would LOVE to see Mourinho as a pundit (I think we can all agree he’d be entertaining). He was funny and great when he did punditry for the Russia World Cup.

Dotard is having a bad week indeed... UEFA is going to penalize him for the late start to yesterday's match... He tried to blame the Po Po... :rofl:

They can talk about it all they want on that show but Foh and it ain't happening, take everything personality wise aside how does Jose help you score goals?

For the Barça fans @jape Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi etc

EXCLUSIVE from that Spanish football show....

If Valverde doesn’t get it together and gets sacked....small circles within the Barcelona hierarchy are discussing bringing in Thierry Henry to manage (good friends with Abidal mind you).

I think that’d be great, it’d be like a Zidane situation, I’m tired of all the these old head recycled coaches. Henry would have all the respect of the players (except maybe Suarez who doesn’t like black people :lol:)

I really thought Ascensio would be better than what I've seen of him this season. Maybe the bar was set too high for him.
although Asensio can create by himself, much like Vazquez he thrived with Ronaldo, all his numbers were better when Ronaldo was on the pitch creating space for him, with Benz out there is much easier to contain Asensio, and a lot of what he does ends up looking nonsensical.

For the Barça fans @jape Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi etc

EXCLUSIVE from that Spanish football show....

If Valverde doesn’t get it together and gets sacked....small circles within the Barcelona hierarchy are discussing bringing in Thierry Henry to manage (good friends with Abidal mind you).

I think that’d be great, it’d be like a Zidane situation, I’m tired of all the these old head recycled coaches. Henry would have all the respect of the players (except maybe Suarez who doesn’t like black people :lol:)

I read about that about a week ago & then saw & heard it on some Barca outlets but didn't say anything. I don't think it has much credence. It's a hot name & a legendary player for sure but I think that's it.

Zizou had at least experience under Carlo & like a year at the helm of Castilla... Thierry doesn't have that yet. If I had my druthers, I'd rather go after Erik ten Hag or River Plate's Marcelo Gallardo... One thing I would do is ask Thierry to join the coaching staff as the #2 to get him under the wing now...

although Asensio can create by himself, much like Vazquez he thrived with Ronaldo, all his numbers were better when Ronaldo was on the pitch creating space for him, with Benz out there is much easier to contain Asensio, and a lot of what he does ends up looking nonsensical.
So Benz is taking up space that would normally be clear for Asensio to operate in if Ronaldo was there? What does that say about Asensio if he can't replicate that without an all time great at his side like Ronaldo?

d nice d nice I honestly don't know, Asensio has some great moments that make you say damn that guy could be a top 10 player in the world, then there's moments when you forget he's even playing or wondering wtf is he doing, but he's also just 22

By the end of the year i expect him to be better and if he's the same player in two years he's just a role player.

Thierry needs at least a couple years running the show for a smaller side like Bordeaux before even thinking about taking on one of the biggest clubs in the world. Maybe he could move to England next year... maybe to a former club of his that's just waiting to find a new long-term manager... maybe Arsenal? If I may be so bold. The man would never run out of support at the Emirates, and we're still a Europa League team on par with Burnley and Chelsea. No pressure atm 8)

I'd like to see Henry in Spain managing a small side to start

Do get how it makes sense ratings wise not to put Pool vs Napoli on tv, what is Turner losing by not airing the both the Barca & Pool matches, you got all those channels, I would take fox back in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Good luck @jape etc., I think we're about to get thoroughly washed. Good to see Dier benched but idk about starting picking Davies over Rose against Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom