⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely brilliant team display by barca. everyone showed out today
real madrid look old out there.
ramos is trash :lol::lol:
suarez 10/10
dembele to vidal had me yelling

great ****ing day
5-1
pique5.jpg

Big game today for Atlanta. Chance to bring home our first trophy ever in just our second season in MLS.

I’m loving this mismanagement by Perez the Sith Lord that he is. The dummy’s loyalty to that pos benz is costing him dearly as his efforts to push Zizou & Ronnie out the door.

Lopetegui is a decent manager, it’s a shame he’s not getting production out of these young players. I think a big issue with his side is fatigue & conditioning. Perhaps lingering from the WC to.

Napoli playing their best footy by playing 1-2's from the inside

but these fools keep sending in crosses :smh:

Zizou knew what he was doing when he walked away. The CL threepeat is an amazing feat. It also covered up that Real crashed out of the Copa early and were 17 points away from the top of La Liga. That’s the sign of a team that can’t bring it consistently, and can only turn it on here and there. An old veteran team that needs a massive overhaul.

On the flip side, Real this summer were analogous to an NBA team with cap space, but waiting for a better free agent class next season. Hazard will be on an expiring, Neymar and Mbappe will be more obtainable after 2 years in Paris. This team is old, slow, injury prone, unmotivated, and the young guys either aren’t given a chance or aren’t making the most of their opportunities. Hindsight is 20/20 but we should have kept Kovacic and let a fatigued Modric leave.

I’m loving this mismanagement by Perez the Sith Lord that he is. The dummy’s loyalty to that pos benz is costing him dearly as his efforts to push Zizou & Ronnie out the door.

Lopetegui is a decent manager, it’s a shame he’s not getting production out of these young players. I think a big issue with his side is fatigue & conditioning. Perhaps lingering from the WC to.

Having Benz as our #9 while watching Suarez on the other side was agonizing

Another point to make is that as great as Zizou is he also made a similar mistake to Lopetegui last season. When things got tough he desperately depended on veterans instead of trying to shake things up with an injection of youth. The plan backfired and just led to even greater fatigue, injuries, and stunting youth. In Zizou’s case, he was desperate to catch the league leaders, in Lope’s desperate to keep his job.

No supporters shield for Atlanta...down 0-2 to Toronto and NYRB have scored. Also there is still MLS cup to play for but im pissed

Last edited:
Another point to make is that as great as Zizou is he also made a similar mistake to Lopetegui last season. When things got tough he desperately depended on veterans instead of trying to shake things up with an injection of youth. The plan backfired and just led to even greater fatigue, injuries, and stunting youth. In Zizou’s case, he was desperate to catch the league leaders, in Lope’s desperate to keep his job.
Maybe he knew when watching them train & practice along with the effort they were putting in that they couldn’t cut the mustard like we thought they could.

RIP. Sad times we live in.

This Neymar to Madrid thing will absolutely happen next summer, Florentino is desperate AF now. Neymar will now be the most hated player in the world (if he wasn’t already). Luis Figo 2.0

Rumor is it will be 220 million buyout clause. PSG will be better off with with the money and Neymar out of there. Build around Mbappe going forward, use that money for midfield and defense, PSG will get stronger overall.

As for the present, I cannot wait to see a Antonio Conte Real Madrid back three :lol: - Ramos was quoted after the game on the possibility of Conte coming in “we’re not going to give a manager respect, he has to earn it”...

Already off to flying start :lol:

i can't wait for madrid to overpay neymar and the future fallout between him and flo.
it's not going to end well
madristas are going to eat neymar alive in madrid

according to reports, madrid will be warming up the italian bus come monday
5 man defensive line coming soon

according to reports, madrid will be warming up the italian bus come monday
5 man defensive line coming soon

Yup, Solari to be the interim manager for the cup game Wednesday if they can’t figure out contract and details with Conte fast enough....

5 man defense in Madrid, never thought I’d see the day :lol:

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius Do you not see the SOCCER BALL in the thread title?... you just pulled a major Flo bro...

A “Flo” btw is a little something I call a “Florentino Perez level - kind of mistake” - like not knowing how to hook up a fax machine, or not listening to Zidane, or letting Cristiano Ronaldo go...

...you know, something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom