⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
dortmund fraudulent?
They had a good stretch in the first half where they were better than us and launched a few attacks on our goal, including one Lloris had to make a good save for.

In the second half though it was very different. Sancho went from involved everywhere, easily gliding past out players, to almost anonymous in the entire second half.
Vertonghen's performance was impeccable. He doesn't just rush forward like Rose does but he awaits until the moment is ripe and then makes his move. Beautiful cross for Son's goal.

Almost every Dortmund player seemed to really drop off in the second half. The difference was weird.

Impressive result from Spurs

Let me rant on Bale real quick, this guy has scored some incredible in finals for us but my guy, you're the highest paid player on the team, you have all the footballing tools except for a great first touch, you scored a 100 goals for us, act like it, get into the game, help the midfield, defend, hold the ball up, son was just out there, for the little amount of technical Lucas Vazquez has I will never knock him for not putting in a shift.

Last edited:

Let me rant on Bale real quick, this guy has scored some incredible in finals for us but my guy, you're the highest paid player on the team, you have all the footballing tools except for a great first touchtouch, you scored a 100 goals for us, act like it, get into the game, help the midfield, defend, hold the ball up, son was just out there, for the little amount of technical Lucas Vazquez has I will never knock him for not putting in a shift.
yeah it's a bit bizarre. it seems he has that ozil trait where he picks and chooses when he wants to compete.
do you think it has anything to do with the injuries?

Ramos player of the game.

He and Modric were both massive

Ajax were arguably the better team. But our playmakers came thru. Vini dime, Benz on his AMG. Asensio with another huge moment off the bench in the CL.

I hate to say it but Reguilon was very poor today. Sure he had the one hockey assist. But those types of looks were on all day for Vini, and Marcelo would have picked it out more often. Unfortunately Marcelo would have gotten eaten alive on the other end though in his current form. Hopefully Reguilon doesn’t look like reggie again in the return leg.

Ramos missing next match could be a decisive blow. Nacho was also very poor whereas Ramos dominated and played with such a cool head constantly winning the ball and keeping it.

Maybe he is reluctant to go hard cause of injury fear.

Neres gets into really good positions, but he gotta play through the contact, ref didn't call any ticky tack fouls today.

Let me rant on Bale real quick, this guy has scored some incredible in finals for us but my guy, you're the highest paid player on the team, you have all the footballing tools except for a great first touch, you scored a 100 goals for us, act like it, get into the game, help the midfield, defend, hold the ball up, son was just out there, for the little amount of technical Lucas Vazquez has I will never knock him for not putting in a shift.

Another point I forgot to make and wanted to. It pains me to say it but Lucas has earned his starting spot. VBV > BBV. On the flip side Bale is a great weapon off the bench. I’d be surprised if Bale starts the second leg.

I doubt it’s injury concerns with Bale since he knows he’s not playing a full 90, he’s just limited. And for as fast as he is, he’s not agile. Also doesn’t have a sharp brain for the game and having the team work as a unit.

Atleast we'll get Varane back, buts its a shame Vallejo couldn't stay healthy because this season was the time to phase out Nacho, Eder Militao me

who in madrid actually thinks courtois is the better keeper?

I feel like his agent worked in an agreement that he’d start the CL because there’s no reason Navas shouldn’t be allowed to defend his crown as the 3-time champ. T-bo wasn’t bad today but Navas is currently better and isn’t disconnected from the team spiritually like the awkward newcomer Courtois.

Poch won't win **** this year but he's def my manager of the year.
He hasn't signed in anyone in two straight transfer windows, has two of his best players out injured, and they're not only mathematically in the title race, but they about to reach the QF of the CL. Somebody gotta drop the bag for him this summer.

"Barcelona have so far used the most players who play in/graduated from the youth academy in the Champions League with 8 total. Liverpool, Juventus and Manchester City have used the least with only 1 player each."

Wow Ajax got FLEECED today with the calls :wow:

They deserved at the very least a draw.

Refs have been absolutely terrible these last two days
I saw the dis allowed goal and that was Charmin soft. Courtois wasn't getting there. His body language and reaction said it all, no one even petitioned for that call.

Wow Ajax got FLEECED today with the calls :wow:

They deserved at the very least a draw.

Refs have been absolutely terrible these last two days

VAR is just doing the Lord’s work.

Bale was nonexistant in today’s match. While he was instrumental over the weekend it is clear that his role today was to do what Vazquez does week in and out, and Gareth just can’t keep up with the required work rate.

I’m just real glad we’re trying to get Asensio back in form, we all know the level of talent when he’s on his A Game.

I saw the dis allowed goal and that was Charmin soft. Courtois wasn't getting there. His body language and reaction said it all, no one even petitioned for that call.

Absolutely agree. It was so bad Courtois was looking like he was about to cry :lol:

He knew damn well that wasn’t a foul, he knew he messed up :lol:

Poch won't win **** this year but he's def my manager of the year.
He hasn't signed in anyone in two straight transfer windows, has two of his best players out injured, and they're not only mathematically in the title race, but they about to reach the QF of the CL. Somebody gotta drop the bag for him this summer.

giphy.gif

Science has shown that it is physically, spiritually, and mentally impossible to be a good manager if you haven't won any trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom