⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully he's learned but i doubt it.
for example, suarez needs to sit right now and get back in to shape. he's fat.
this weekend we should go with messi, dembele, and malcom but he'll probably start suarez again.
giphy.gif

Picking the CL field against RM isn’t bold. We’re like an NBA team with prospects and saving tons of cap space, that also happens to be good right now. I have no doubts RM will back to the top. But only time will tell, not 2 months or even one season.

We’ve also all seen CR’s accomplishments with our eyes but you have to actually read to know how Flo took an RM in financial turmoil and used his elite business acumen to turn RM into a financial juggernaut that racks up titles. And this is in a climate with oligarchs, oil-rich countries and sheikhs, and even Bayern selling out to corporate interests. So this is one case where until you actually put in that time to read, your opinion on Flo vs CR is invalid. In the end, players come and go. But Flo saved RM from an AC Milan/Inter Milan type of drop to irrelevance and kept us in prominence for a long time to come.

In the end of the day RM were history’s greatest club before CR, they had the most European success while he was here, and I expect this to continue in the 2020s. But CR wasn’t the reason for RM’s legend, he was just a very important part of it. Like Di Stefano, Bernabeu, and Perez. The 4 are RM’s Mount Rushmore.

The funny thing about Pool is that their midfield and defense is looking already rock solid, and they haven’t played Fabinho yet. Also imagine if Ox didn’t get that season ending injury.

Even if Pool doesn’t win the league, they may have the depth to win the CL.

Gotdamn I didn't even realize they haven't played Fabinho.

I legit forgot they signed him

Plz don't pair us with Liverpool in the knockout round
full

The funny thing about Pool is that their midfield and defense is looking already rock solid, and they haven’t played Fabinho yet. Also imagine if Ox didn’t get that season ending injury.

Fabinho is there for the Premier League games that come during CL weeks. He probably won’t get bump otherwise. Ox gonna be missed though.

Odegaard off to vitesse

Di Maria staying :pimp:

Is Barca still after Rabiot? I doubt they'd do a cash/swap for Rakitic and activating all of their players release clauses is pretty damn sumbag-ish :lol:

I want Filipe Luiz from Atletico. We haven't pissed them off yet, hopefully we can get a deal done :lol:

Last thing to note. Of course I would have preferred Flo kept a better relationship with CR. Imo he had another good 4 years here. But even this F up doesn’t overshadow all he’s accomplished. If it made world class players second guess coming here, then I’d say otherwise. But see the likes of Hazard, Neymar, and Lewa all fairly publicly still begging to come here. In the end Flo gets results. Brings money, titles, and the world’s best players. And part of this is his attitude of letting every player who walks in here known that they’re just another player. Everything each player gets is equal. From the structuring of their image rights to their locker room. He just unfortunately overdid it with CR belittling him publicly, maybe as a negotiating tactic? It ultimately backfired, but not before winning 4 CLs.

Last edited:
Fabinho is there for the Premier League games that come during CL weeks. He probably won’t get bump otherwise. Ox gonna be missed though.
See this is a very key thing for Pool too is that they have the luxury to do so as compared to the past where they lacked quality when injuries happened or players went out of form, which resulted in greater fatigue for players in the midfield or defense that would have benefited from having a deeper rotation. Sky is the limit now. Klopp also has no excuses too though :lol:

See this is a very key thing for Pool too is that they have the luxury to do so as compared to the past where they lacked quality when injuries happened or players went out of form, which resulted in greater fatigue for players in the midfield or defense that would have benefited from having a deeper rotation. Sky is the limit now. Klopp also has no excuses too though :lol:
Completely agree on no excuses for Klopp if everybody is healthy. Fully believe that they should be every bit as good, if not better, than City this year.

i don't have barca as CL favorites either but it's not cause we don't have the personnel. our squad is def talented enough.
I just don't believe valverde is capable of beating some of these other managers tactically and also valverde doesn't have the balls to sit players who aren't performing

hopefully he's learned but i doubt it.
for example, suarez needs to sit right now and get back in to shape. he's fat.
this weekend we should go with messi, dembele, and malcom but he'll probably start suarez again.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi do you think lenglet could play LB?
I'm not his biggest fan. He just hasn't displayed the intelligence to not foul the s*$t outta the opposing player. I'm hoping Juan Miranda comes through with the goods... He showed some promise in the preseason.

Probably gonna need triple digits to top Citeh this season :smh:

He'll get burn . He is still adjusting to Klopps system which is why he hasn't got any burn yet for the official season etc. During the pre-season, Klopp praised his ability on the offensive side of the ball, however, he wasn't tracking back fast enough or getting caught out of position here and there. Once things get sorted, he will definitely be in the rotation.

Completely agree on no excuses for Klopp if everybody is healthy. Fully believe that they should be every bit as good, if not better, than City this year.
If Keita starts finishing some of these chances, boy it's gonna be raining goals from not just our front 3, but our midfield as well.

Just saw that ESPN Insider members are being rolled into the ESPN+ membership with grandfathered annual fees ($40/year). I’ll definitely take it for MLS and Serie A streams :smokin Word has it ESPN most likely will be bidding for La Liga rights in 2 years too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom