⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madrid don't need Hakimi back, I think he would be excellent at RB for Chelsea. Love the way that dude bombs forward. Azpi could go back to CB with Rudiger. Doesn't solve our LB problem though

If Madrid don't need Hakimi back, I think he would be excellent at RB for Chelsea. Love the way that dude bombs forward. Azpi could go back to CB with Rudiger. Doesn't solve our LB problem though

Hakimi has actually been great as a LB this season too. He’ll definitely be a part of Madrid’s future plans, possibly as soon as next season. And most likely at LB to begin with since we’re good at RB with Carvajal and Odriozola.

Hakimi lost Vertonghen far post on Aurier's cross for Spurs's second goal. But overall, only 20 and having a great campaign for Dortmund at RB/LB.

Rudiger earned my respect for addressing the traveling Chelsea supporters after the 6-0 shellacking suffered at Etihad. Takes guts and passion to apologize for the team's performance in that manner.

No faith in Emerson long term?

Poch won't win **** this year but he's def my manager of the year.
He hasn't signed in anyone in two straight transfer windows, has two of his best players out injured, and they're not only mathematically in the title race, but they about to reach the QF of the CL. Somebody gotta drop the bag for him this summer.
Not to mention the way Poch has handled the tense and awkward Alderweireld contract situation. He's also successfully integrated Dav Sanchez last year, and Foyth in this current campaign.

Tottenham has been leaving it late, but there's a belief in the side that Son or someone else will secure the go-ahead goal in the second half of matches.

A lot of Spurs's key players went deep in the World Cup too. We've seen the way fatigue has impacted Luka, Perisic and Raki in different ways after Croatia's deep run. Lloris is France's #1. Trippier, Rose, Kane, Dele and Dier all England internationals. Belgium made it to the semis with Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Son Heung-min had to shoulder a heavy load for Korea in a difficult group.

@PRIME, as promised, pics flying from BA back to Brasil.
IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4291.JPG

Watched the Ajax CL game again before deleting it off my dvr. Ajax & Frenkie played well in the first half but the overall play for Ajax in the second half was meh. I'm a big fan of Ten Hag & would love him as the next Barca manager. I loved how well drilled Ten Hag's team was throughout the match. The constant pressing & the way the looked to get forward so quickly gave Madrid a lot of trouble & forced a lot of bad passing.

The problem with this team & the reason why they can't put away close games (& also why they're second in the Eredivisie table) is their defense, specifically their back 4. They give up big goals late in games. It's a big reason why I'm not a big Dutch john stones fan.

Got to see the Spurs game on TNT...wanted to see Real. Saw the disallowed goal though....that was some BS. Its been said but T-Boat was not getting to that header. That should be taken into account honestly.

But the Spurs/BVB game was solid. I wasn't as blown away with spurs as some here. I think Dortmund really wanted the away goal and started pressing late which left a lot of space in behind the defense. But Vertongen....played his *** off and i LOVE Son as a player. Dude works so hard every game and is so talented on the ball.

sidebar: is Reus hurt again?

Yup Reus was out due to a thigh injury suffered against Werner Bremen. Dortmund also didn't have Paco Alcacer, Julian Weigl, & Piszczek.

If the count lookin' *** mother ****** leaves Camp Nou, I'd want Gallardo or Ten Hag. Don't want Quique. Sure he has some nice wins/draws against bigger clubs but he also has a lot of really bad losses to subpar teams Betis should've beat.

I thought Ajax defended well for most of the match and that De Ligt was legit. They made it difficult for our forwards, and on every touch someone was breathing down their necks and giving a nudge to their backs to keep them from turning. Real were just clinical on the only 2 good opportunities they got. And breakdowns like we saw leading to the last goal can happen when you’re pushing for an equalizer.

I didn't really notice De Ligt yesterday besides Vini running past him in the box, seems to be headed towards Juve or Bayern anyway

Ajax put on pressing clinic in the first half, our players didn't help themselves either

The 1 or 2 times Dutch john stones had to defend Vinicis, he was very poor. There was on touch were he's lucky Vinicis wasn't clinical in his finishing. I still can't figure out what he was doing on the Vinicis to benz goal (part of the blame goes to Blind)... he gets caught jabbing at the ball too much instead of positioning himself properly & cutting off lanes. The moment he jabs at the ball, dude with the ball is past him.

I didn't really notice De Ligt yesterday besides Vini running past him in the box, seems to be headed towards Juve or Bayern anyway

Ajax put on pressing clinic in the first half, our players didn't help themselves either
Or city

De ligt played well yesterday.
Strong performance. It’s crazy he’s only 18 and he’s the captain of that squad. Says a lot about his character and how that team performed

He checks all the boxes just needs to get faster but he’s still a boy. When he matures he’s going to be a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom